Thurmond...

UGotHawked

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1w3sfsvd said:
The dude is weird... and not trustworthy.

I'm not that invested in him at all.

I don't necessarily disagree, but some others are. You can tell by his banter back and forth with Hawk fans on twitter. We'll see what happens.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I would love to see Thurmond back. He is a special talent and underrated right now, which is always a good thing when signing a FA.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want him back. I don't want CB to become an area of weakness. And don't tell me Lane and Simon are high quality depth. Lane is solid but if Sherm or BMax go down we are in big trouble. This is not a real deep CB Draft class that has good size. WT3 at $3 or $4 mil per is worth it. Tate is more replacable than WT3 in this year's Draft. Only thing that gives me a warm fuzzy if he does leave is that PC is pretty dam good at coaching CBs, and JS finds gold in the later rounds at DB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1r2oramn said:
Uncle Si":1r2oramn said:
Blitzer88":1r2oramn said:
He's probably a niner.

You're such a turd

What, makes logical sense. Visited the Niners and than canceled his visit to the skins. Just putting things together.

He cancelled before meeting with the 49ers.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I've been checking around and there is nothing anywhere listing him having signed anywhere.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Wenhawk":291fp0x6 said:
I want him back. I don't want CB to become an area of weakness. And don't tell me Lane and Simon are high quality depth. Lane is solid but if Sherm or BMax go down we are in big trouble. This is not a real deep CB Draft class that has good size. WT3 at $3 or $4 mil per is worth it. Tate is more replacable than WT3 in this year's Draft. Only thing that gives me a warm fuzzy if he does leave is that PC is pretty dam good at coaching CBs, and JS finds gold in the later rounds at DB.

Simon isn't quality at this point. But Lane started 4 games during Browner's suspension in 2012 and improved the secondary, quite frankly I missed him during the 2012 playoffs. No one considered BMax high quality with Browner and WT3 suspended.

Glad it's Thurmond playing the market rather than Lane if you ask me.

As for the draft, you don't need a hulking nickel CB to cover the shifty little slot receivers that give our D fits at times. E.J. Gaines in the fourth wouldn't disappoint me, especially since he has punt return ability.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Am I the only one floored by how much more of a market there was this year for Browner over Thurmond? They both have concerns about staying on the field, and yes Browner is better, however is older. You wouldn't think the disparity in demand would be this large. I could't believe BB got as much money as he did.

sc85sis

Reaction score
BB is far more proven. Walter hasn't stayed on the field for most of his career because of injuries.

godawg

Reaction score
There is nobody that can lay the wood to Wes Welker like BB. I'm sure Welker remembers their meeting.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I seem to remember a lot of Niner fans ripping on WT3 for getting the failed drug test. It also goes with "above reproach". I would get a kick out of him being a Niner. Just think, if he signs, they will have two players with Super Bowl rings.

HawkRam

Reaction score
The 9ers like bringing in Super Bowl Champions just so Kaep can have a close-up view of what the rings look like...team officials won't let the old dusty hardware out of the museum cases for him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkRam":2mn5adju said:
The 9ers like bringing in Super Bowl Champions just so Kaep can have a close-up view of what the rings look like...team officials won't let the old dusty hardware out of the museum cases for him.
Hee Hee. :mrgreen:

Actually I have a weird feeling that he may resign with us.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":2bqdgdr5 said:
He's a west coast guy. Niners, Raiders, Chargers or Hawks.

Well I guess he fooled us all. Never imagined him in a Giants uniform, but there we have it. A one year 'prove it' deal, so hopefully he stays healthy

Latest posts