Thursday Night Football a Preview of the team we play after

hawk45

Reaction score
Washington can't stop a thing tonight. Has NY punted yet? Not since I've been watching, so far every drive comes up six.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":16b90isu said:
hawk45":16b90isu said:
SeatownJay":16b90isu said:
hawk45":16b90isu said:
Anyone watching tonight? Cousins looks pretty solid to me but his pass pro is a reminder to me that QBs not named Russell Wilson can be talented, solid players, and still not win any football games without protection.

The Giants, are they for real here or are they just running into mediocre-to-bad teams at the right time? They look unstoppable against the Skins D but I haven't watched enough Washington football to know if that means anything or if it's like dropping 40 on Dallas.
Washington's defense isn't very good. As for their offensive line, I can't wait to see Avril & Bennett abusing Tyler Polumbus next Monday night.

Yes! I did a double-take when I heard the announcers mention Polumbus, then got a warm fuzzy feeling about us abusing him.

Cousins looked very legit on that drive. Hit his 2nd and 3rd reads, made a throw under blitz pressure, and a nice little TD throw with a guy sprinting at him. Pretty impressed so far.
The Rams should trade for him. I'm sure Washington is dumb enough to go for it.

LMAO. You're right. I could see Snyder trading Griffin to the Rams for a 4th. His mentality being they got Cousins in the 4th, so such a trade would equate to getting their FQB free.

All Snyder accomplished with his mega trade was he made life a bit tougher for the NFCW. I guess that's something.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pmedic920":2gj3cv88 said:
Receiver lowered his head into the defenders.
BAD call IMO

Before you know it, players will be doing that intentionally. The equivalent of an NBA flop. Sorry the dude got dinged, but he's paid to get dinged. It's football...or used to be.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
So, Giants get penalized for Cousins hanging his receiver out to dry and getting him killed?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Is Thurmond playing? I haven't seen him. I seem to recall he might be injured but I can't remember.
Oh, and Polumbus looks like dog poo.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Justice.

So if completing the process of the catch includes making a football move, how can the receiver be considered defenseless?

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkWow":2zbw44ar said:
pmedic920":2zbw44ar said:
Receiver lowered his head into the defenders.
BAD call IMO

Before you know it, players will be doing that intentionally. The equivalent of an NBA flop. Sorry the dude got dinged, but he's paid to get dinged. It's football...or used to be.

Crap is ruining the game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3j1ee2u7 said:
Is Thurmond playing? I haven't seen him. I seem to recall he might be injured but I can't remember.
Thurmond's out for the year with an injury.

Jville

Reaction score
I decided to go ahead and record this game. But, now I am wondering why?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3xpznb96 said:
Seahwkgal":3xpznb96 said:
Thurmond's out for the year with an injury.

Thanks.

Well, at least I get to see Cousins play. He's a local star from my area out here in Michigan. Watched him play my oldest nephew in HS. Having said that, I hope we make his life a living hell next week Monday. :th2thumbs:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Scratch the fumbles and it's a 1 score game. If Cousins can't bring them back, the Skins are 1 -4 after next week and looking up at 4-0 Philly (imo).

Nice TD run.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Cousins is a smart kid and a good guy. He and Russell faced off in two epic games the season before they were drafted.