Thursday Night Football a Preview of the team we play after

chris98251

Reaction score
Ric Mirer comes to mind, also there is a reason the Redskins have not had a QB of note like forever, even an established QB in that system has been ravaged. That front office can not draft, they spend on old FA's and don't build the trenches.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3dej4s3f said:
Ric Mirer comes to mind, also there is a reason the Redskins have not had a QB of note like forever, even an established QB in that system has been ravaged. That front office can not draft, they spend on old FA's and don't build the trenches.
I love the Ric Mirer compare..Looks like a great QB..Just plays different ..Brady Quinn is another..There is so many of these types in NFL history..The odds are Husky Lawyer is right.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cousins actually comps stat wise with Tarvaris. Slightly more TDs per game, slightly more mistakes. Similar completion percentage early in the career.

When I watch Cousins, I see a guy trying his ass off to win the starting job. He has an advantage on some QBs in that he isn't a spot thrower, but he lacks accuracy when guys are going away from him on a slant. He can hit movers down the seams, but his mistakes are also down the seams, where he stares at receivers.

Gruden and Shanahan before him both do and did him, and RGknee as well, a gross injustice every time they hang the outcome of games on their shoulders. With Morris and Helu, there is no reason to abandon what should be the staple of the team with Morris. In Knee's first year, Shanahan did well with it, but since, both staffs have botched building a safe haven for their young QBs. WE may have resented the handcuffs that were put on Wilson when he first was in Seattle, but we are seeing the dividends of the nest that was built around him now.

Largent80

Reaction score
I remember when Sadhappy had that avatar that said....wanted RG3, got Flynn.

Glad neither of those happened, well Flynn happened but yet didn't.

hawkpride

Reaction score
This is a classic trap game for us. A game that we should win by a wide margin, history shows these game's bite us a lot especially coming off a by week and on the road and on national tv. This game makes me nervous like I haven't been in a long time.
People thought the Charger's game was a trap game but the Charger's are for real, the skins stink and that is what makes this one the real trap game.

Hope I'm wrong.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hope you are too..You would think this team learned something from the Charger game..Washington has too many weak spotsI can't see them hanging with the Hawks ..Cousins is never going to be Rivers at his best...

253hawk

Reaction score
Seattle is 20-8 all time on MNF; best in the league and it's not even close.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not even close to a trap game, one there has been some bad blood generated with them over the years, two we got out of the Denver game with a lot of points left on the table on offense and given up the 4th quarter points on defense. We are far from a comfort zone at the moment as things needs to be fixed, the players and staff know it. Additionally everyone is fully aware of the safety issues at Fed Ex and I hope after the last visit Pete throws a fit if the field isn't up to snuff. We need to find our Mojo still, we need a statement game to reconnect with our identity. The Skins is a game to do that with, a no mercy beat down is necessary for the Seahawks for many reasons.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This team just doesn't do trap games. If they lose it is typically because the opponent had an exceptional game or just brought out the football gods. Even then they are never out of it.

I do believe that the Hawks' biggest challenge is keeping focused on the next team no matter who it is. If they stay with the whole 1-0 thing they should be in total business. I don't think that the game will be a big blowout and the Skins are as bad as they looked on Thursday, but I do think that anything solid wins that game. Whether it is offense or defense, any outstanding effort by either of those units will result in a win.

Latest posts