Tied for the final wild card.

mikeak

Reaction score
Unfortunately Minnesota won a close one last week.

GB has the tie-breaker over us. Hoping we beat Min then GB beats them as well

Would really prefer that we aren't in a tie-break losing situation in the WC hunt.

Of course everyone else going on a losing streak and us getting home field advantage would be ok as well :)

djb28

Reaction score
I dont understand the "playoff experience" thing. Never did. It is still the same game. Nothing changes,Except you lose your done. Where does being in the playoffs before mean anything? Nothing about the game of football is any different.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
My expectations are still very tempered for this year but I guess anything could happen. Defense wasn't good today. Offense is looking better though.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
If the playoffs started today. We would play at Minnesota and then at Carolina.

So we need the win next week.

Vikings%20judge.gif

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I'm content with where we are right now . . . I will be a lot more content when we beat Minnesota next week in a cold, 10 AM game and Arizona loses to St. Louis next week.

peppersjap

Reaction score
HawkGA":3jvfe3w1 said:
I don't like the rest of the schedule, but hopefully they keep rolling.
I think the rest of the schedule looks pretty good. We have a tough game next week in Minnesota, then Baltimore without Flacco, the Browns @ home, the Rams @ home (not quite the team they were week one and a game in Arizona that very well could have zero playoff implications for them. I see us at 9-7 as worst case.

BigMeach

Reaction score
djb28":xwfuddff said:
I dont understand the "playoff experience" thing. Never did. It is still the same game. Nothing changes,Except you lose your done. Where does being in the playoffs before mean anything? Nothing about the game of football is any different.

I think it matters a lot. There is so much more pressure in the playoffs and knowing how to deal with that pressure helps. There is a lot to be said to the pressure players would have experienced previously in life be it in college, making the pros, regular season games, etc. But getting to the playoffs is on another level and you can see it in all sports.

This isn't to say that players who haven't played in the playoffs before won't excel when they do, it can easily happen and does. But when you have a team who has done it before, you don't have to wonder if they can. Whereas the players who haven't done it, you just don't know till they're there.

Personally I like our chances as long as we can get in, I think this team is past the playing at home being the only shot. Time will tell.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
djb28":h0lm6cqp said:
I don't know, the players themselves attributed the experience of 2012 with the success of 2013.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
djb28":1is2ai4v said:
I don't understand how anyone can not get it. Much higher stakes, your season is over if you lose. Knowing the importance of something affects your own mental outlook on it.

Here, let's think of an example. Take a standard I-beam and place it on the ground, then let's see how fast you can walk/run across it without falling off of it.

Steel-IBeam.jpg

Now, let's suspend that I-beam a thousand feet in the air with no safety netting or any protection whatsoever, so if you fall, you die; then let's see how fast you walk/run across it.

I don't get it, why would you be faster on one than the other? It's the same beam.

Now, perhaps, you see the flaw in your thinking...NFL games aren't played in a bubble where they're always the same exact thing no matter what.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tampa and Atlanta play each other next week. Unless they tie, we get knocked out of the #6 spot without a win over Minnesota.

Green Bay visits the Lions. That should be a gimme, but given the way Rodgers is playing right now, anything's possible.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":25ofy548 said:
Tampa and Atlanta play each other next week. Unless they tie, we get knocked out of the #6 spot without a wildcard.

Green Bay visits the Lions. That should be a gimme, but given the way Rodgers is playing right now, anything's possible.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine says otherwise. I did it with TB winning, and then again with Falcons winning. Didn't change our position for this week.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1dyraxxj said:
Tampa and Atlanta play each other next week. Unless they tie, we get knocked out of the #6 spot without a wildcard.

What makes you think GB will beat the Lions easily. The Lions are arguably the hottest team in the NFL. They just beat GB in Lambeau two weeks ago, now they get them at home. GB is only favored by 3 in this game, Lions will very much have a chance to win this game.

jacobsod

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":24y79q1y said:
And there will be 12s there.....

I will be! So excited to finally get to another game. Couldn't go last year. [emoji35]

Going to be an awesome game methinks. If they have #2 locked up I still don't think they will bench starters unless we start to run away with it.

I'm liking our chances!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2uhdxskp said:
MontanaHawk05":2uhdxskp said:
Tampa and Atlanta play each other next week. Unless they tie, we get knocked out of the #6 spot without a WIN OVER MINNESOTA.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine says otherwise. I did it with TB winning, and then again with Falcons winning. Didn't change our position for this week.

I misspoke...see above.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawkpower":24szcke4 said:
HawkGA":24szcke4 said:

Why?

Games @Minny and @ Zona will be tough, but the other three games should be wins.

9-7 most likely gets us the 6th seed. Split the Arizona/Minnesota games and we are in for sure at 10-6.

I'd rather not have to rely on the other teams losing that many more games for the Hawks to get in at 9-7. Certainly could happen, but I'd be surprised if the 6th seed is worse than 10-6 and 11-5 still wouldn't surprise me. Somebody will get hot.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Here are the remaining schedules of the WC teams:

Seahawks:
@ Vikings
@ Ravens
Browns
Rams
@ Cardinals

Falcons:
@ Buccaneers
@ Panthers
@ Jaguars
Panthers
Saints

Bucaneers:
Falcons
Saints
@Rams
Bears
@Panthers

Bears:
49ers
Redskins
@Vikings
@Bucaneers
Lions

Giants:
Jets
@ Dolphins
Panthers
@Vikings
Eagles

Redskins:
Cowboys
@ Bears
Bills
@ Eagles
@ Cowboys

Just glancing at all the schedules, I think the Falcons are basically toast. Not only do I think they're the worst team among the WC contenders, but they have 3 straight road games, and still have two remaining games against Carolina. They may not win another game this season.

I still think the NFC East only sends one team to the playoffs. Giants and Skins can fight over that. I think you need 9 wins to make the wild card. NFC East division winner may only get to 8, doubt two teams from the NFC East get to 9 wins.

I think the Bears are probably the team we need to watch. They're playing really good football right now and have a favorable remaining schedule. The only team with a winning record left on their schedule is the Vikings. Their next two games are very winnable, and they play 3 of their remaining 5 games at home. But here's the kicker. We basically have a 2 game lead over them because we beat them in the regular season.

I think it's pretty clear that the final WC spot is ours assuming we don't melt down and go 2-3 to finish out the season. If we go 3-2 to finish out the season, we should find ourselves in the playoffs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkGA":1r9wbxj4 said:
Hawkpower":1r9wbxj4 said:
HawkGA":1r9wbxj4 said:

Why?

Games @Minny and @ Zona will be tough, but the other three games should be wins.

9-7 most likely gets us the 6th seed. Split the Arizona/Minnesota games and we are in for sure at 10-6.

I'd rather not have to rely on the other teams losing that many more games for the Hawks to get in at 9-7. Certainly could happen, but I'd be surprised if the 6th seed is worse than 10-6 and 11-5 still wouldn't surprise me. Somebody will get hot.

Every competing team (except for Atlanta, who still has to play Carolina twice) has 6 losses already.

You really think that any of those teams are going to go 5-0 down the stretch?

9-7 MAY put us in a tiebreaker with someone (worst case scenario), but even that is a stretch. I don't see many of those teams going 4-1 either.

sutz

Reaction score
The crucial thing for me is that by winning yesterday, we basically have regained a lot of control over our own destiny. Sure, the Div Championship is probably out of reach, it would require a meltdown by the Cards of epic proportions. But hey, if we continue to win, our shot at the Wild Card just gets better and better. Losing yesterday would have thrown us on critical life support. Now, if we can maintain some momentum down the stretch, we're at least in the tournament.

Hey, the whole "haven't won a playoff game on the road" streak ended years ago. I almost relish the thought of a road playoff game against some of the teams currently eligible. There are beatable teams on the current playoff eligible list, regardless of venue. And we could be getting that "we can beat anyone anywhere" swagger back. Another pivotal game in Minny this coming weekend, so we'll know more after that.