Tied for the final wild card.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Bucs are probably my biggest worry right now.

They play Atlanta at home, New Orleans at home, St. Louis on the road, Chicago at home, and Carolina on the road week 17.

Falcons, Saints and Bears should all be wins. St Louis will be tough but winnable. Carolina should be resting their starters week 17. They could end up winning out, but most likely I see 9-7 or 8-8.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1qylr8ok said:
Tampa and Atlanta play each other next week. Unless they tie, we get knocked out of the #6 spot without a win over Minnesota.

Green Bay visits the Lions. That should be a gimme, but given the way Rodgers is playing right now, anything's possible.

Are you suggesting if we lose to the Vikes? Because I don't understand how if we win either of those teams could over take us. Am I missing something?

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1j5wmfxf said:
HawkGA":1j5wmfxf said:
I don't like the rest of the schedule, but hopefully they keep rolling.

Why?

Games @Minny and @ Zona will be tough, but the other three games should be wins.

9-7 most likely gets us the 6th seed. Split the Arizona/Minnesota games and we are in for sure at 10-6.

Yeah, I also don't understand what is so bad about our schedule.

We ball out against the Vikings and we could be a 10 win team going into our last game with Arizona. That isn't a bad place to be.

We've been a fantastic 2nd half of the season team the last few years. I think we finish strong this year too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":pv00huyj said:
RolandDeschain":pv00huyj said:
djb28":pv00huyj said:
I dont understand the "playoff experience" thing. Never did. It is still the same game. Nothing changes,Except you lose your done. Where does being in the playoffs before mean anything? Nothing about the game of football is any different.
I don't understand how anyone can not get it. Much higher stakes, your season is over if you lose. Knowing the importance of something affects your own mental outlook on it.

Here, let's think of an example. Take a standard I-beam and place it on the ground, then let's see how fast you can walk/run across it without falling off of it.

Steel-IBeam.jpg

Now, let's suspend that I-beam a thousand feet in the air with no safety netting or any protection whatsoever, so if you fall, you die; then let's see how fast you walk/run across it.

I don't get it, why would you be faster on one than the other? It's the same beam.

Now, perhaps, you see the flaw in your thinking...NFL games aren't played in a bubble where they're always the same exact thing no matter what.

What a pointless waste of an analogy. Would have worked if you said something about how fast you'd walk across the i-beam at 1000 feet if it was your first time, versus if you'd gotten to practice walking across it several times first.

Do better, Roland.

I thought it was pretty good. You must not be afraid of heights or you think your not.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":22yt2gle said:

They play Atlanta at home, New Orleans at home, St. Louis on the road, Chicago at home, and Carolina on the road week 17.

Falcons, Saints and Bears should all be wins. St Louis will be tough but winnable. Carolina should be resting their starters week 17. They could end up winning out, but most likely I see 9-7 or 8-8.

Why would the Falcons, Bears and Saints all be wins? Tampa is far from a great team. We are talking about a 5 win team playing other 5 win type teams. I see each of those games as a toss up.

If they finish better than 8-8 I'll be shocked.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sutz":1m0wz9em said:
Sure, the Div Championship is probably out of reach, it would require a meltdown by the Cards of epic proportions. But hey, if we continue to win, our shot at the Wild Card just gets better and better.

I don't wan to give any hopes up, BUUUUUT...Arizona does have a far tougher finishing stretch to their schedule than we do.

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27nfhh85 said:
sutz":27nfhh85 said:
Sure, the Div Championship is probably out of reach, it would require a meltdown by the Cards of epic proportions. But hey, if we continue to win, our shot at the Wild Card just gets better and better.

I don't wan to give any hopes up, BUUUUUT...Arizona does have a far tougher finishing stretch to their schedule than we do.
If it happens, all the better. I'm not afraid of going on the road in the playoffs, but if we could squeak in a home game, I won't complain.

:mrgreen:

HawkerD

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1om8ckie said:
Tampa and Atlanta play each other next week. Unless they tie, we get knocked out of the #6 spot without a win over Minnesota.

Green Bay visits the Lions. That should be a gimme, but given the way Rodgers is playing right now, anything's possible.

Loins just beat GB in Lambo. Why can't loins beat them at home?? GB looks terrible. Not sure what has happened but wheels have come off.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkerD":hizc2trb said:
MontanaHawk05":hizc2trb said:

Loins just beat GB in Lambo. Why can't loins beat them at home?? GB looks terrible. Not sure what has happened but wheels have come off.

They lost a lot of the receiving corps. They also when they got them back are not consistent with them. I think that is where Green bay is sitting right now. It takes time for things to get back to a situation where they can work together and gel as a team again. Front line there is decent but receivers and runners need help. I think Lacey lost a step too.

Just MY humble Opinion.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawkpower":30wepcq1 said:
XxXdragonXxX":30wepcq1 said:

Why would the Falcons, Bears and Saints all be wins? Tampa is far from a great team. We are talking about a 5 win team playing other 5 win type teams. I see each of those games as a toss up.

If they finish better than 8-8 I'll be shocked.

Right now they are playing better than all 3 of them and are at home. I believe they "should" win all 3 of those games. But you're right that they very well could lose 1 or 2 or all 3 of those games as they are not a great team.