Time for Schneider to take some blame

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Subzero717":2ws3hzvx said:
Hasselbeck":2ws3hzvx said:
I think the one thing JS deserves blame for is the 2014 draft where he had Joel Bitonio fall into his lap and instead elected to trade back. As a result we reached on Paul Richardson AND Justin Britt, and while I like Paul... I would have much preferred Bitonio and Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry/Donte Moncrief. JS also traded back in the 4th when he could have had Martavis Bryant over Kevin Norwood. How nice would a Bitonio/Robinson/Bryant draft be right now?

The Harvin trade and the Graham trade.. you get the reasoning behind each, but I think that falls more on our lovely OC being completely inept on figuring out how to utilize either of them. Obviously keeping Tate over Harvin would have been much better for this franchise too.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
I think you are assuming any of those WR'S would be producing here what they are elsewhere. That's not what this offense is.

Hindsight is great. Also remember Bitonio is playing along side Mack and Thomas.

That doesn't mean he'd be as bad as Gilliam. Also, how were Mack and Thomas selected? Same way as Bitonio was.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Subzero717":3nx5bp8c said:
Hasselbeck":3nx5bp8c said:
I think the one thing JS deserves blame for is the 2014 draft where he had Joel Bitonio fall into his lap and instead elected to trade back. As a result we reached on Paul Richardson AND Justin Britt, and while I like Paul... I would have much preferred Bitonio and Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry/Donte Moncrief. JS also traded back in the 4th when he could have had Martavis Bryant over Kevin Norwood. How nice would a Bitonio/Robinson/Bryant draft be right now?

The Harvin trade and the Graham trade.. you get the reasoning behind each, but I think that falls more on our lovely OC being completely inept on figuring out how to utilize either of them. Obviously keeping Tate over Harvin would have been much better for this franchise too.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
I think you are assuming any of those WR'S would be producing here what they are elsewhere. That's not what this offense is.

Hindsight is great. Also remember Bitonio is playing along side Mack and Thomas.

Bitonio was a ZBS dream. Ask kearly. Ask english. He wouldn't have fully repaired this OL, but he'd have filled a major hole.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I feel about Schneider the same way I feel about Carroll. I don't want anyone else in their position, but they have their flaws. We haven't done well in scouting offensive linemen. We have drafted a bunch of offensive linemen in the last couple years. In my mine NONE of them have worked out. So that is something he doesn't appear to be good at. Except for Tyler Lockett, I don't think we've scouted WR's very well. Aside from those two areas, I think he does a damn good job.

The only other criticism I have is giving Cary Williams the money he got. Everyone knew he struggled at Philly. Should have low-balled him. The Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham trades were good ideas. They didn't work out. These things happen. They looked like really great moves at the time.

kf3339

Reaction score
This whole thing is on Pete Carrol. Not sure why anyone else needs to be in the conversation.