Titans GM has been in contact with Clowney's reps

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans traded Jurrell Casey to Denver to free up cap space. Could the Titans use that money to make a big free-agent splash?

General manager Jon Robinson told reporters Wednesday during a conference call that he's spoken to the agent for edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney, per Jim Wyatt of the team's official website.

The pass rusher's health is a huge factor after dealing with a core muscle injury and undergoing surgery this offseason. With the NFL pausing all in-person physicals between teams and free agents during the COVID-19 pandemic, the inability for a club's medical staff to evaluate Clowney is clouding his market.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... wneys-reps

chris98251

Reaction score
Appears Clowney is the news story target of the day, I see that before I see him with the Jets.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
NOW, having posted this, I don't put a whole lot in to any of these stories. Any team that doesn't talk to Clowney's agent, is an idiot.

AND, NFL writers need something to talk about. So, let's put out an article with material that when looking at it, is a no brainer.

Basically, "NFL Team talks to Free Agent Player." Really? :curious:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ivotuk":19sn4w18 said:
NOW, having posted this, I don't put a whole lot in to any of these stories. Any team that doesn't talk to Clowney's agent, is an idiot.

AND, NFL writers need something to talk about. So, let's put out an article with material that when looking at it, is a no brainer.

Basically, "NFL Team talks to Free Agent Player." Really? :curious:
It's also possible his agent is floating this stuff to the football media trying to drum up 'business'

TAB420

Reaction score
Titans GM Jon Robinson told reporters on a conference call that he's had discussions with Jadeveon Clowney but “nothing is imminent.” He adds: "There's nothing more important than the health of a player. Definitely an important part of the decision."