To All The Nervous Nellies and Sky Fallers

Smellyman

Reaction score
We need to concentrate on the Vikings and not overlook them. We won't play in Carolina if we don't take the Vikings seriously. Any given Sunday.

Seahawks 36

Vikings 3

sutz

Reaction score
Well said, Todd.....but...... you had damn well better wear the right jersey, bro!

:laugh:

byau

Reaction score
I agree, some people are superstitious about sports. It really is just the very very strong desire of a fan to be a part of it so bad that what they believe what they do will effect the outcome of the game

I really don't like that

Mostly because it clouds my focus on my own pre-game ritual. Because if I forget something and remember it later that usually means Russell will have a fumble at least once during the game.

SO YOU DON'T WANT ME TO SKIP MY PRE-GAME RITUAL ... Yeah I hate superstitiuos people

byau

Reaction score
Oh and by the way, here's one for you.

My buddy and I have watched four Seahawks games together over the last two years. The Seahawks have lost all four.

Game#1: Seahawks @ Chiefs last year (the last game the Seahawks lost that season until...)
Game#2: Patriots in SB49
Game#3: Arizona @ Seahawks this year (the last game the Seahawks lost this season until ..)
Game#4: Rams @ Seahawks two weeks ago

So...should my buddy and I get together and watch the Vikes this Sunday or not?

Hmmm

-signed, Nervous Nellie

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't make me get the Magic 8 Ball out people!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros,

said.... It really doesn't matter if I think we are going to blow the doors off of the Vikings 150 to 2 or if I think we are going to get our asses kicked.

So these doors you are talking about...are they from Home Depot proud supporter of THE Seattle Seahawks...or Home Depot, supporter of them vikings? These are questions that need to be answered so I know where to go to for doors. If the hinges are that weak that the doors can be blown off, then I need to find a better door or hinge place so I dont become unhinged.

Note to the Viking fans, Please join us in the chat if you wish or the gameday forum. It gets kinda interesting in both. I usually have 2 chats going at this time. OUrs and one other.

Go hawks.

themunn

Reaction score
If I can't go into a game thinking we're gonna lay a 75-0 beatdown on those puny Vikings then what's the point in being a sports fan.

NO. FUN.

Laloosh

Reaction score
You've doomed us all!

Wait, did you say, magic 8 ball?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Wait a second! Toddly; are you saying my 'abstinance' the night before a game doesn't matter?

Now he tells me... :34853_doh:

:beach:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3vh6b5w1 said:
Look, I thought it would go without saying but based on the comments I've been reading lately it appears that there is a sizable number of you who apparently think that what we think, say or feel on a message forum will somehow negatively impact the player's capabilities and performance on gameday. Guess what?

IT DOESN'T.

So what if we are having some fun at the Vikings expense? It really doesn't matter if I think we are going to blow the doors off of the Vikings 150 to 2 or if I think we are going to get our asses kicked. Neither outcome is likely. It's an age-old tradition for fans to think whatever they want to think, say whatever they want to say and not a nano ounce of it matters as to what occurs on the field.

There's no jinx that exists because of fan bravado. What is to be, is to be. It's just more fun when you know you're team has a very good chance of winning a game. It doesn't make it so, but the odds certainly are in your favor.

So relax already! Enjoy in the harmless banter, pontificating and chest-bumping (and potential arse-eating).

None of it will have any effect on what is to come.

:les:

Soooo.....what is this "potential arse-eating" you speak of? I was just asking for a....well....for a friend....yeah, a friend....thats it.

Carry on.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3hw7kihx said:
Say it ain't so, Aros!

I hope this doesn't include our fashion superstitions.
My special Seahawk undies have done the team well, for years! If I wash them now, I know it'll jinx us.
That and they'd more and likely fall apart eh? :16:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
minormillikin":269lbfhm said:
Also, this reminder:
If you see anything purple, you must burn it to ashes. If this is not done and the Seahawks lose, it is your fault.

/satirical rant

I have to burn some good purple to ashes after reading a few dotnet members (who shall remain unnamed) replies every now and then. It's for my glaucoma tho :0190l:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":18w8p73l said:
Aros,

said.... It really doesn't matter if I think we are going to blow the doors off of the Vikings 150 to 2 or if I think we are going to get our asses kicked.

So these doors you are talking about...are they from Home Depot proud supporter of THE Seattle Seahawks...or Home Depot, supporter of them vikings? These are questions that need to be answered so I know where to go to for doors. If the hinges are that weak that the doors can be blown off, then I need to find a better door or hinge place so I dont become unhinged.

Note to the Viking fans, Please join us in the chat if you wish or the gameday forum. It gets kinda interesting in both. I usually have 2 chats going at this time. OUrs and one other.

Go hawks.
LOLOL You mean OUR right one and their other? :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: