To All The Nervous Nellies and Sky Fallers

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2dd2joxe said:
Wait a second! Toddly; are you saying my 'abstinance' the night before a game doesn't matter?

Now he tells me... :34853_doh:
:beach:
That's okay Lymon, your hands could use the rest anywho :mrgreen:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2fg3zhzy said:
I checked my Mystical Ball. Seahawks win, margin less than 7.

I'll take it.
Yeah, I checked my "Mystical Ball"...... it's the size of a pea..... and the other one?....... It's just a little tiny thingy.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have never felt more confident about a Seahawk playoff game.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
My one MAJOR concern about this game is another devastating injury. And I know EVERY game it's possible, but something deep in my bones has me nervous as all Hell that the weather will somehow cause something funky to happen to one of our DB's. Somebody talk me down please!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Oh this ones has the potential of being a classic let's hope not .
Not jinking it or any thing but they shouldn't even show up they got no chance let me think of some more ...... :snack:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm nervous and I'm superstitious. That's just who I am.

chris98251

Reaction score
After our game against the Steelers I am always nervous, never knowing if the circumstances will be such that the best team doesn't have the most points on the score board.

Rob12

Reaction score
minormillikin":14rmk08b said:
Everyone here needs to stop looking past the Vikings. Don't talk about Carolina, or the super bowl. 100% focus on the upcoming game in Minneapolis. Project this energy toward the team, coaches, enemy team, hot dog vendors, refs, etc.

If we lose on Sunday, it's because we, the fans, didn't want it bad enough.

Also, this reminder:
If you see anything purple, you must burn it to ashes. If this is not done and the Seahawks lose, it is your fault.

/satirical rant

Golden.

Until I saw /satirical rant, I was about to rip you a new one... Sarcasm detector is a bit late at times.

seahawks08

Reaction score
An element of nervousness is what fandom is all about. Imagine you interview for a dream job, I sure would be nervous no matter how confident I am because I really want it bad. That's what true fans are, they want the Super Bowl and we are now into the playoffs. We have something to be excited about and we have something to worry about. It's all good in the name of true fans we have something post regular season to enjoy. I used to be superstitious, nervous, worried, scared and all other paranoia that comes with losing a game during the Holmgren era. Not anymore. Pete changed me, his philosophy really has caught on to me. You can't worry about things you can't control. Enjoy this ride, they sure are memorable.

Largent80

Reaction score
After being 2-4 I'm just happy we have one more game. Chest thumping is stupid. Look at AZ fan spouting off for weeks based upon their win at the Clink.

After we kicked their asses he hasn't been seen or heard from.

Largent80

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3nvkyuav said:
Largent80":3nvkyuav said:
After being 2-4 I'm just happy we have one more game. Chest thumping is stupid. Look at AZ fan spouting off for weeks based upon their win at the Clink.

Imma still thump my chest tho...

I just found out that the guy self deleted his account...... :lol: What a pussy.

And I'll add that when we get back to the SB, I'll be thumping everything...... :shock:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2r6zr7i2 said:

If we barely limped into the playoffs not playing very well, I'd agree with you.

But with how the Hawks have played the 2nd half of the season firing on all cylinders I'm fired up and excited that we could make another SB run.

Vikes45

Reaction score
I predicted a Vikings win simply because it's my team and that's how I roll. But in reality, we already won our Super Bowl by beating our arch rival Packers at their house and took the division away from them. The Seahawks are probably the best team in the playoffs so I am ready for the outcome.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Vikes45":177cgm7q said:
I predicted a Vikings win simply because it's my team and that's how I roll. But in reality, we already won our Super Bowl by beating our arch rival Packers at their house and took the division away from them. The Seahawks are probably the best team in the playoffs so I am ready for the outcome.

The Hawks SHOULD win, but this is the playoffs. Every year there's an upset or two with crazy games, and this could be one of those.

Cold weather might mean some weird fumbles, big returns, tipped balls...........who knows.

I like the Vikings, good young upcoming team. IMO just not a good matchup against the Hawks run D. Bridgewater isn't to the point in his career where he can carry the load, especially in the playoffs where everything is tight and magnified.

Vikes45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3745an6p said:
Vikes45":3745an6p said:

The Hawks SHOULD win, but this is the playoffs. Every year there's an upset or two with crazy games, and this could be one of those.

Cold weather might mean some weird fumbles, big returns, tipped balls...........who knows.

I like the Vikings, good young upcoming team. IMO just not a good matchup against the Hawks run D. Bridgewater isn't to the point in his career where he can carry the load, especially in the playoffs where everything is tight and magnified.

Well, I do have my superstition that Odin, the Viking God will make a return appearance thinking that the Vikings had finally returned to their outdoor roots and help them beat the Seahawks like he used to help us beat the Rams back in the day....but then I wake up.

Reaction score
Vikes45":yong3oc0 said:
Well, I do have my superstition that Odin, the Viking God will make a return appearance thinking that the Vikings had finally returned to their outdoor roots and help them beat the Seahawks like he used to help us beat the Rams back in the day...
That was fun to read. Thank you.

Go Hawks,
BillA

Latest posts