Today's unsung heros...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
endzorn":yhkicg56 said:
I think Sherman is having an outstanding year and if you want to see one of the things that stands out about Sherman over every other elite corner, go to the 2:00 mark of the first quarter. He makes big time tackles that other corners won't even attempt.
This!! His willingness and ability to make one on one tackles speaks volumes about this guy's desire to play football and be a complete Corner.
(and I've been saying as much all year...........Sherm is having a better year than last year, stats show it too)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":xdgr7n1u said:
I'm giving that distinction to you, Pe. I really thought you had your A game going today.

Informative, humorous and sometimes offensive. That's the hat trick we expect from you and today you delivered.

Before you awake tomorrow the football fairy will have placed a chocolate game ball on your pillow.

(print this out as proof you were named "Today's unsung hero")
You know, I just can't go here because of the thread he started defending the empty backfield sets. Sorry, just too many of them from Bevell and they didn't open up the slants in the second half like Pe said they would.
A really outstanding day for Pe, but just short of chocolate game ball worthy. Sorry man.

However, his comment about Sherman being the best corner in the game this year and if someone else says otherwise to 'not listen to the noise' to me means he wins this thread. Decent consolation prize?

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2vilo0l0 said:
HawkWow":2vilo0l0 said:
I'm giving that distinction to you, Pe. I really thought you had your A game going today.

Informative, humorous and sometimes offensive. That's the hat trick we expect from you and today you delivered.

Before you awake tomorrow the football fairy will have placed a chocolate game ball on your pillow.

(print this out as proof you were named "Today's unsung hero")
You know, I just can't go here because of the thread he started defending the empty backfield sets. Sorry, just too many of them from Bevell and they didn't open up the slants in the second half like Pe said they would.
A really outstanding day for Pe, but just short of chocolate game ball worthy. Sorry man.

However, his comment about Sherman being the best corner in the game this year and if someone else says otherwise to 'not listen to the noise' to me means he wins this thread. Decent consolation prize?

Solid points, SD1. I just totally whiffed on that thread, believing he was talking about empty seats. Empty seats followed by his reference of Michael Sam's back seat and the chocolate game ball just seemed appropriate while also totally inappropriate.

Spot on commentary regarding Sherm for sure. Not so long ago, Sherm reminded me of the underdog that plays over his head. That made it a lot of fun watching him because you'd find yourself watching this lanky, somewhat awkward kid saying..."there he goes again"! Almost with a chuckle. The way he is playing right now is reminiscent of some of the all time greats. I am just big time impressed with his willingness to do the dirty work.

WRs are notorious divas and oft times CBs are toned down divas. Sherm is no diva and he's sometimes more physical than I would like for him to be. I can't bring the play in atm (it's very early here), but I'm thinking of a play yesterday that Sherm just burrowed his way into the gap to drill the Zona RB. Few corners want to commit themselves like that these days. IMO, there's nobody on this team playing at Richard Sherman's level right now. Stoked we wrapped him up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
endzorn":pb2snopc said:
I think Sherman is having an outstanding year and if you want to see one of the things that stands out about Sherman over every other elite corner, go to the 2:00 mark of the first quarter. He makes big time tackles that other corners won't even attempt.

Good observation. Sherman has upped his run game defense and open field tackling this year.

Not sure if it's the tackle you are thinking of, but there was a big hole about the 3 gap, and one Seahawk filled it and stopped the RB. I was yelling "great run fill" and started looking for which LBer it was. It was Sherman. Dude slid over, and filled a run gap in the middle of the line scrum as the other LBer got caught up in the wash and was too far over the the right side of the defense.

To make it an even better play, Sherm waited until the RB was all the way into the hole....if he'd have filled to early, he might've had a tackle for no gain, but if the RB bounced outside, there wouldn't be anyone there to stop him.

he might be be as dominating in the pass game as he was last year, but he's polishing up his entire game. Personally, I think he's just been adjusting to the rules a little bit. He obviously didn't take his money and pack it in.