Tom Brady looks worse than Geno

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Geno is not getting $40 million..i'll write him back
I'm not to going to bother with the old "When Russ had legs".
You're going to be wrong. He's going to get himself 35-40 million per year. With his stats and now a pro-bowl to his name, he's going to get paid. I think he's going to end up getting a Dak Prescot like payday. That is just how QB contracts go in the NFL. If Smith reaches free agency, he's going to be the hottest QB on the market.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Geno is not getting $40 million..i'll write him back
I'm not to going to bother with the old "When Russ had legs
You believe it was mostly Hacket's system then? I know Russ had killer pocket numbers as well, I'm talking early Russ though... but yes no need to mull that over, it was another element.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You're going to be wrong. He's going to get himself 35-40 million per year. With his stats and now a pro-bowl to his name, he's going to get paid. I think he's going to end up getting a Dak Prescot like payday. That is just how QB contracts go in the NFL. If Smith reaches free agency, he's going to be the hottest QB on the market.
I doubt I will be but you went to $35million?
Spin Spin Spin lol

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I doubt I will be but you went to $35million?
Spin Spin Spin lol
I've always said 35 million to 40 million is the range that Geno Smith is going to get. Either i'm right or you're right, but i'm quite confident that Geno is going to get a top tier salary. That is just what QB's go for these days. What do you think he's going to get? You can even look back at my post.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You believe it was mostly Hacket's system then? I know Russ had killer pocket numbers as well, I'm talking early Russ though... but yes no need to mull that over, it was another element.
I'm not sure what you mean "Hacket's System"
Russ today doesn't fit in any system..
His legs were cover 2 zone beaters,opening up the offense unscripted.
Killer pocket numbers?I have to disagree on that..I'm not soft on Russ
like Spin and some people.
I never bought into what team3 was trying to push out all those years.
He was able to hide how limited he was behind the legs/deep ball and Pete.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I've always said 35 million to 40 million is the range that Geno Smith is going to get. Either i'm right or you're right, but i'm quite confident that Geno is going to get a top tier salary. That is just what QB's go for these days. What do you think he's going to get? You can even look back at my post.
I'm still under 35 it doesn't matter.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Russ today does fit in any system..
I'm not soft on Russ, in fact I've been a critic of his for a long time.

The one thing that Russ was VERY good at though is when the game was on the line. It's where he was at his best, and he used that one attribute to really avoid criticism for a long time.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Russ today does fit in any system..
He had a span in there where there was a misconception that keeping him in the pocket was a solution, but he for that span seemed to stand tall and find an open receiver, or use the lt dan magic legs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He had a span in there where there was a misconception that keeping him in the pocket was a solution, but he for that span seemed to stand tall and find an open receiver, or use the lt dan magic legs.
Was he in the shotgun 5 yards back?
That span didn't last long..He did have magic legs at one time

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not soft on Russ, in fact I've been a critic of his for a long time.

The one thing that Russ was VERY good at though is when the game was on the line. It's where he was at his best, and he used that one attribute to really avoid criticism for a long time.
You were among the first to do so..Soft might be wrong but waver maybe?
You just did it in this post.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Wasn't that sort of when we started experiencing this type of Seahawks team? The soft one? He carried us for a few years, but, did we go anywhere? Geno is not a bum destined to always fold in the end of games, that's ridiculous, I trust that JS can give him a real team and an evaluation like this might be applicable at that point.
hes not a bum but 1-7 when the game is on the line, and you have to score is the opposite of clutch.

Donn2390

Reaction score
hes not a bum but 1-7 when the game is on the line, and you have to score is the opposite of clutch.
"1-7 when the game is on the line was yesterday", he will be playing as a third year guy with a year of starting experience and a vastly improved team around him next year. I am convinced he and the team will shine brightly next season.. Something to look foreword to as we speculate.
I also disagree , as one poster believes, he will not be signing for $45, or even close to $40. I know the direction the QB salary's have been going, but I also see, as do the GM's, what they are getting with their sky high signing, not only money flushed away, but no money left for supporting staff. Paying these crazy money signing hasn't been working..!!! I think smarter heads will prevail, and stop spending for failure. Realism is going to return..
GO HAWKS..

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
"1-7 when the game is on the line was yesterday", he will be playing as a third year guy with a year of starting experience and a vastly improved team around him next year. I am convinced he and the team will shine brightly next season.. Something to look foreword to as we speculate.
I also disagree , as one poster believes, he will not be signing for $45, or even close to $40. I know the direction the QB salary's have been going, but I also see, as do the GM's, what they are getting with their sky high signing, not only money flushed away, but no money left for supporting staff. Paying these crazy money signing hasn't been working..!!! I think smarter heads will prevail, and stop spending for failure. Realism is going to return..
GO HAWKS..
I'm in favor of keeping him on a friendly deal and going all in on defense in the draft but its gotta make sense. Dude will be 33 next season

Latest posts