Tom Brady saves the NFL - Holding Penalties cut in half

ivotuk

Reaction score
NFL Makes Changes To Holding Penalties Days After Tom Brady Complained About It On Twitter (TWEETS)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1174850764839276544[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1174852537368948736[/tweet]

From Pereira: “Basically what he said to them was, ‘You’re doing a good job based on what the competition committee wanted you to do: Call holding on the backside of the play.

But let’s not overreact. When you get to the front side and the point of the attack, if the hands get outside, give the blockers a chance to work their hands back inside.

‘And make sure, as the rules state, that there’s a material restriction before you make the call.'”

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/09/ ... er-tweets/

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
It’s about time TB used his status to help influence a reduction of penalty calling. :sarcasm_off:

Fanatics

Reaction score
I don't think there is a one of us that did not think there were too many calls, especially ones that did not even reflect on the play itself. You call holding on the backside of the line that is 20 yards from the ball at the time of the call, maybe they should deploy a "Catchable Ball" ruling on penalties.

With that said, you know everyone here will be calling foul when one of these plays hurt our beloved Seahawks.

xray

Reaction score
The GOAT has spoken. :!:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fanatics":11lj9t7o said:
I don't think there is a one of us that did not think there were too many calls, especially ones that did not even reflect on the play itself. You call holding on the backside of the line that is 20 yards from the ball at the time of the call, maybe they should deploy a "Catchable Ball" ruling on penalties.

With that said, you know everyone here will be calling foul when one of these plays hurt our beloved Seahawks.

That goes for every fan of every team, of every sport.

Your statement makes it sound as if you're saying that it's only Seahawks fans that would react that way, although I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
But Shady Brady is the first one crying for a flag when his jersey gets touched on an incomplete pass.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up. The question is, why wasn't this done in the first place?

As for Brady, I almost want to see more holding penalties, because I'm sick of him getting special treatment.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3fi7kxgf said:
You can't make this stuff up. The question is, why wasn't this done in the first place?

Attributing it to Brady is pretty thin, IMO.

Everybody was complaining about this, and the NFL was getting a ton of negative press about it in the national sports media.

As an entertainment industry the league bends to the will of national media.

Given all the spats he's had with the league I think the NFL front office has made it pretty clear over the years that they don't give a rat what Tom Brady thinks.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14rldzyg said:
5_Golden_Rings":14rldzyg said:

Attributing it to Brady is pretty thin, IMO.

Everybody was complaining about this, and the NFL was getting a ton of negative press about it in the national sports media.

As an entertainment industry the league bends to the will of national media.

Given all the spats he's had with the league I think the NFL front office has made it pretty clear over the years that they don't give a rat what Tom Brady thinks.
"Take it easy on Brady," is what I believe an official said to a defensive player when he legally hit Brady hard. Yeah, the officials are all over his nuts mang.