Tom Cable on Clayton last weekend and O-Line insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
I know some autistic people and there are similarities. I don't consider it a putdown, but just a way of understanding how a person sees the world and working around their differences. Sorry if I offended, but you do seem to have an extreme lack of social awareness so I figured I'd ask. I would PM, but the responses always get deleted. :(

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2bk62q42 said:
kearly":2bk62q42 said:
hawknation2015":2bk62q42 said:
kearly":2bk62q42 said:
Cable seems to play favorites more than any Seahawks position coach I can remember in some time. If he loves you, everyone knows it. If you're in his doghouse, everyone knows it. And there seems to be almost zero inbetween with him.

I think at left guard, Bailey is probably the best option by a good margin, but Bailey has always kind of been in Cable's doghouse, and once you're in, it seems like you never get out.

I think you are being willfully ignorant of Bailey's lack of physicality and weak run blocking, which does not jive with the philosophy of this team. Bailey started camp by getting first team reps, and obviously they were not satisfied with how he was playing, even though he has very good athleticism and is the most experienced player at that position.

Serious question, are you autistic?

I mean, I think you had said the same thing in a civil tone, I would have mostly agreed with you. Why the needlessly hostile and accusatory tone out of nowhere? I don't get it.

That's not very nice.

Legal jargon is just part of the way I speak and write. By "willful ignorance," also referred to as willful blindness, I am merely referring to the idea of intentionally ignoring a mountain of evidence in front of your eyes, i.e. Bailey's below average run blocking over the last two seasons, in addition to Cable's own statements that you so willingly dismiss as a "dog house."

I do get it . . . you don't like the way I express myself. You have already made that very clear in the past in an equally abrasive way. But no need to put down autistic people to once again make that same callous point.

Look to your own behavior; that's all you can control. You unnecessarily stirred things up.

No wonder we lose our best content posters.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ydlu4hf said:
hawknation2015":1ydlu4hf said:
kearly":1ydlu4hf said:
hawknation2015":1ydlu4hf said:
I think you are being willfully ignorant of Bailey's lack of physicality and weak run blocking, which does not jive with the philosophy of this team. Bailey started camp by getting first team reps, and obviously they were not satisfied with how he was playing, even though he has very good athleticism and is the most experienced player at that position.

Serious question, are you autistic?

I mean, I think you had said the same thing in a civil tone, I would have mostly agreed with you. Why the needlessly hostile and accusatory tone out of nowhere? I don't get it.

That's not very nice.

Legal jargon is just part of the way I speak and write. By "willful ignorance," also referred to as willful blindness, I am merely referring to the idea of intentionally ignoring a mountain of evidence in front of your eyes, i.e. Bailey's below average run blocking over the last two seasons, in addition to Cable's own statements that you so willingly dismiss as a "dog house."

I do get it . . . you don't like the way I express myself. You have already made that very clear in the past in an equally abrasive way. But no need to put down autistic people to once again make that same callous point.

Look to your own behavior; that's all you can control. You unnecessarily stirred things up.

I try my best to criticize the post, not the poster . . . which becomes more difficult when the person I am disagreeing with does not follow that rule, resorting to the old playground tactic of calling someone they disagree with stupid, retarded and/or autistic.

chris98251

Reaction score
Carp was in the doghouse from day one due to his lack of conditioning and the injuries due to it, then the fatigue where he would need to be spelled during games etc. It took till very late and his contract year for him to really start to have a clue. I think it was too late then, when they didn't pick up his option the writing was on the wall. I would think he was playing for a contract, which he did get, but getting one I would bet most thought he would return to his earlier behavior.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2pckhhbo said:
I try my best to criticize the post, not the poster . . . which becomes more difficult when the person I am disagreeing with does not follow that rule, resorting to the old playground tactic of calling someone they disagree with stupid, retarded and/or autistic.

You called me "willfully ignorant" and attacked me out of nowhere.

I figured maybe you have a disability that would prevent you from understanding why this is not normal social behavior. You do this ALL THE TIME to a lot of people not just me. It is a very unique brand of behavior, and at first I just assumed you were the world's biggest asshole because of it.

But after some people PM'd me to discuss it and suggested autism, I realized that there was a real chance you might be dealing with difficulties. I know two different autistic people and have learned how to maneuver them. But you are more difficult than they are. If you have an issue I would like to know, so that I can learn to better interact with you when you have these random bursts of odd behavior.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":3md9edgo said:
hawknation2015":3md9edgo said:

You called me "willfully ignorant" and attacked me out of nowhere.

I figured maybe you have a disability that would prevent you from understanding why this is not normal social behavior. You do this ALL THE TIME to a lot of people not just me. It is a very unique brand of behavior, and at first I just assumed you were the world's biggest asshole because of it.

But after some people PM'd me to discuss it and suggested autism, I realized that there was a real chance you might be dealing with difficulties. I know two different autistic people and have learned how to maneuver them. But you are more difficult than they are. If you have an issue I would like to know, so that I can learn to better interact with you when you have these random bursts of odd behavior.

Your personal attacks are totally uncalled for. I said you were "being willfully ignorant" of the obvious evidence in front of your eyes if you believe the only reason Bailey is not running with the first is because he is in Tom Cable's "doghouse."

That is not the same thing, at all, as calling someone "autistic." It's funny that you complain ad nauseam about people personally attacking you and then you call someone who disagrees with you autistic. Look in the mirror.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":1c3ulqgx said:
Carp was in the doghouse from day one due to his lack of conditioning and the injuries due to it, then the fatigue where he would need to be spelled during games etc. It took till very late and his contract year for him to really start to have a clue. I think it was too late then, when they didn't pick up his option the writing was on the wall. I would think he was playing for a contract, which he did get, but getting one I would bet most thought he would return to his earlier behavior.

I remember him being in the doghouse with the fans and I remember the organization expressing disappointment with his weight. I just don't remember Tom Cable specifically downplaying Carp. It seemed like Carp always had a starting job waiting for him when he was healthy. In 2013, Cable had glowing things to say about Carp when he first moved to LG, and that was a year before Carp lost the weight and before he had done anything impressive on the field.

Carp had big issues in pass protection, but he was generally a nasty SOB in the run game. He may have looked like a goober, but he didn't run block like one.

Carp was pretty bad as a rookie and was recovering from an injury in his second year. So it would have been totally understandable if Tom Cable would have struggled to praise Carp before the 2013 season. And yet he did. Maybe I am off base, but I always had the impression that Cable liked Carp. The first lineman Seattle drafted this year, Poole, is very similar to Carp.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2xu44s0n said:
Your personal attacks are totally uncalled for. I said you were "being willfully ignorant" of the obvious evidence in front of your eyes if you believe the only reason Bailey is not running with the first is because he is in Tom Cable's "doghouse."

That is not the same thing, at all, as calling someone "autistic." It's funny that you complain ad nauseam about people personally attacking you and then you call someone who disagrees with you autistic. Look in the mirror.

Well I somewhat disagree with you about Bailey. Maybe that makes me wrong, but not willfully ignorant. You seriously can't see how that's a socially awkward thing to say to someone out of the blue?

I am being sincere. Really.

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":qnm9l95u said:
chris98251":qnm9l95u said:

I remember him being in the doghouse with the fans and I remember the organization expressing disappointment with his weight. I just don't remember Tom Cable specifically downplaying Carp. It seemed like Carp always had a starting job waiting for him when he was healthy. In 2013, Cable had glowing things to say about Carp when he first moved to LG, and that was a year before Carp lost the weight and before he had done anything impressive on the field.

Carp had big issues in pass protection, but he was generally a nasty SOB in the run game. He may have looked like a goober, but he didn't run block like one.

Carp was pretty bad as a rookie and was recovering from an injury in his second year. So it would have been totally understandable if Tom Cable would have struggled to praise Carp before the 2013 season. And yet he did. Maybe I am off base, but I always had the impression that Cable liked Carp. The first lineman Seattle drafted this year, Poole, is very similar to Carp.

Well he never earned his first contract, he would have wanted a bigger one with his years of service in the league as well as trying to cash in on our success. There was a reason they didn't pick up that option.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":10bqjmj0 said:
Well he never earned his first contract, he would have wanted a bigger one with his years of service in the league as well as trying to cash in on our success. There was a reason they didn't pick up that option.

To be fair, his option was something like $8 or $9 million. I get what you mean though.

I think building the OL on the cheap is a long term strategy for JS. Cable had a comment recently about how JS told him when Cable was first hired here that he'd have to do more with less.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Here is the very first conversation that kearly and I had in which he became upset with me. After this conversation, he began to personally attack me whenever we had a subsequent disagreement:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=108834&p=1588523

Until that conversation, I enjoyed kearly's point of view very much, and said so to him many times, although I sometimes disagreed with it.

Now that he has escalated this to another level with this very personal attack against me, saying I have a "disability," and calling me "autistic" and an "asshole," I think it's important that people read this turning point conversation for themselves so that they can make up their own minds about whether he is resorting to name calling because he is too thin skinned to have someone snarkily disagree with him.

Without further ado, here is what happened . . . it all began with what I thought was a fairly benign disagreement about whether RB prospect Jay Ajayi deserved to be a First Round pick.

hawknation2015":1txuocdn said:
kearly":1txuocdn said:
To clarify, I was pointing out a game of his that I watched where I felt he was not very consistent between the tackles against a disciplined defense.

If I wanted to point out a game where he simply stunk in terms of raw yardage, then I would have mentioned his game against UConn that I did not watch: 18 carries for 39 yards (2.2 yards per carry) with zero TDs.

I don't think you can say he was good between the tackles just because he has 28 rushing TDs, as most of those TDs appear to be outside runs. Do you have any specific examples of TDs he had up the gut? I would be interested to know more about those runs in particular.

He scored from 56 out on his very first carry of the Arizona bowl game. Straight up the middle.

I think you know what I'm going to say about this run . . . he wasn't touched once. That would have been a TD in two-hand touch football, which is more of an indictment of Arizona's porous defensive line than it is a tangible skill from Ajayi that will actually translate to the NFL level.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12104472

^^^^^^This comment set him off^^^^^^

There you go again.

It's okay to disagree, just kind of weak the way you do it. Very trollish.

He ran up the middle very well against Utah State last year.

I have not watched every game, and I do agree that he is better outside. He is not exactly like Lynch, but he shares some of Lynch's rarest strengths, namely, his ability in space of getting a LB to miss or slip off.

No reason to make it personal, Kearly. I respect your opinion and insights . . . I just happen to disagree with you about one player's skill set.

I formed this opinion about Ajayi long before your OP and stated it on this board. I don't believe he reads his blockers well. I think he kicks too many runs outside, which is not something that can be done at the NFL level unless he wants to lose a bunch a yards. He's a raw product, IMO, who lacks the explosiveness and vision that a player like Lynch showed when he was at Cal.

Well it's personal for me. I don't like you, and I know the feeling is mutual if you were being honest. I do think you are a good poster and smart. But I don't like the way you interact with others. Way too snarky for me.

I'm going to just make this easy and put you on ignore. I think that is for the best.

Hey man, I do like you. I love reading your insights and have said so many times.

Disagreeing with you does not mean I don't like you.

I then apologized to kearly via personal message for having offended him, but he continued to be very angry and rejected my apology. Since that time, the insults from him have escalated with each passing disagreement. With kearly's permission, I will post that personal message conversation as well.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":2s0ajwmy said:
Cable seems to play favorites more than any Seahawks position coach I can remember in some time. If he loves you, everyone knows it. If you're in his doghouse, everyone knows it. And there seems to be almost zero inbetween with him.

I think at left guard, Bailey is probably the best option by a good margin, but Bailey has always kind of been in Cable's doghouse, and once you're in, it seems like you never get out.

I like Cable a lot, I think he's done a very good job doing more with less. I like that he speaks his mind and is honest. There is wisdom in his words. But I don't really love how he always seems to have so many players in his doghouse, and it seems to have less to do with ability and more to do with personality, IMO.

I agree Bailey is the best option at left guard right now we'll see what happens Friday. I will be watching that O-line with a sharp eye this preseason no one was great last year. O'Kung had some horrid false starts last season down the stretch probably because he was nursing that foot and was trying to compensate, if he wants a big payday imo he has to clean up those false starts and show he can stay healthy.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3rvx6c8q said:
lots of stuff

You are justifying your actions with stuff FROM SIX MONTHS AGO?! Are you freaking kidding me? So because of that, you can attack me in any thread and it is justified? No words.

It is true that I didn't like you very much back then. However, it occurred to me just very recently that I might have read you wrong. But I guess my first instinct was right after all. Or was it? I'm still not sure.

Everyone here knows you have issues with antagonizing others. Not just me. It recently occurred to me that maybe those issues are medical. If you said you had medical issues, I would have apologized for all of the stuff I said to you, because it would have been a misunderstanding on my part and I would want to rebuild a relationship based on a new understanding. It was not meant as an insult, but rather an attempt to understand what makes you the way you are.

Regarding the PMs. You only sent that PMs after I let you know I had put you on ignore. It was clearly meant as a tactic to get me to take you off ignore. Why would I think it was anything other than a manipulative statement? Especially after you had spent the entire year previous antagonizing me at every opportunity? Yeah you like me so much that you show intense disrespect at every opportunity. It makes no sense on any level.

And as far as personal insults - you take everything as a personal insult. I'm only telling you what I think of you very honestly. And in fact, I've been pretty nice to you the last few months. Sometimes people do change for the better. But this convo has made things pretty clear that this has not been the case.

If you think you are fooling people, you aren't. And this thread showed your true colors pretty well. You treat people poorly, are insanely petty and vengeful, and tear down those at the top. You never forget or forgive. You get under people's skin, for as long as it takes, to make them throw the first punch, and when they have, you show no mercy and never relent.

You are stirring shit up with people constantly. It bugs me, so I chose to simply ignore your posts. And that's when YOU went ballistic. But I'm not going to link the hundred or so disgraceful stalking posts you made of me from March to May. Everyone saw them anyway, and formed their own opinions.

Rather than address these issues when confronted or attempt to remedy behaviors, you instead cry out to the refs. And try to turn others against your enemies. It's like you have crafted this perfect science of being the worst possible person without getting banned. And that may ultimately prove successful, but it has cost you in the court of public opinion. Forget what I have to say. I'm just one guy and you can easily ignore me. Think about the grand total of zero people who come to your defense when this stuff happens. Don't you think that says something?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":1no01erk said:
hawknation2015":1no01erk said:
lots of stuff

Well, I knew I was taking a chance when I asked the question. I honestly thought there was a 50/50 chance it could go either way.

It is true that I didn't like you very much back then. However, it occurred to me just very recently that I might have read you wrong. But I guess my first instinct was right after all.

Why post PMs? I never felt those statements by you were genuine anyway, why would I when you were targeting me with venom for months leading up to that?

Everyone here knows you have issues with antagonizing others. Not just me. It recently occurred to me that maybe those issues are medical. If you said you had medical issues, I would have apologized for all of the stuff I said to you, because it would have been a misunderstanding on my part and I would want to rebuild a relationship based on a new understanding. It was not meant as an insult, but rather an attempt to understand what makes you the way you are.

So you're doubling down on your asinine personal attack . . . OK.

:34853_doh:

kearly

Reaction score
There have been a few who have openly struggled with medical issues here at .net and other seahawks outlets. I don't see it as a put down, but as something that is necessary to understand. I have been brutally honest in this thread. And I am being honest on this point as well.

If you don't have a medical condition, then I apologize. I admit it was a bit insensitive to ask, and though you won't believe me, it was a sincere question.

Though if you really are like this without any difficulties, then quite frankly I don't want to have anything to do with you.

Based on this conversation, I think it would just be best for both of us if you put me on ignore.

Laloosh

Reaction score
477_x_large_origin_copyright.jpg

kearly

Reaction score
Apologies to jdemps for hijacking a really good thread. Here's an uncomfortably awkward attempt to get it back on track~

It's interesting to me how Cable is so predictable with his likes and dislikes, and yet it seems like every other lineman the Seahawks draft lacks the passion that Cable insists on. It kind of makes me wonder if, during the draft, there are "Cable" guys, and a different set of guys the scouts like.

Hawker

Reaction score
Laloosh":31toq9eg said:

:th2thumbs:

In related news...

OP: thanks for posting this. No doubt the O-Line will be (arguably) the primary focus of everyone tonight. Interesting to hear Cable's opinions of his own guys thus far.

Personally, I love the nasty that Sokoli brings.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Nice to hear Britt, Sweezy and Okung are improving. I expected it already (especially for Britt to step up) but it's nice hearing those positive sounds out of camp.

I think we are good at center. Both LJP and Lewis proved they are at least functional as starters and Nowak is ahead at the moment so I expect him to be at the very least as good as the other two.

Milton looks to be winning the starting job at LG. I'm not sure how well he will perform but the reports so far sound promising.

Glowinski will most likely be the primary right side back up and Bailey will the same role on the left. Then Gilliam as a backup OT/TE hybrid and keep Sokoli around as a project because in a year or maybe even sooner he will be a beast.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think HawkNation is being willfully ignorant. I chuckle when he points out other people not being able to handle disagreement. I can absolutely see why someone would in all seriousness ask him an aspergers related question. Posters like him are just one example of why we can't have nice things.
(go read the thread about wanting Random Thoughts back, and you will see a seemingly innocuous post by this very same poster in a new light. He carries a grudge with Kip big time)

We have real games to watch now, and I think they will show that Bailey is better than his inexperienced competition. Yet, Bailey has remained in the doghouse going back into last year when Pete made his weight a focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts