Tony Romo/Dallas question

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
All I know is I can't wait for them to trade/cut Romo and for Dak to regress in his 2nd year. Then they'll be in cap hell and have a major question mark at QB.

Dak was mighty impressive as a rookie, but the Cowboys schedule was Charmin sawft. Wait until they get that 1st place sched, play the AFC West AND have all kinds of teams studying up on how to slow them down.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ocuakie9 said:
Sports Hernia":ocuakie9 said:
IndyHawk":ocuakie9 said:
He already reminds me of Johnny Unitas or Joe Namath trying to capture one last glory except he never had it like those guys..Tony the person we all have no problem with but the player and his massive contract that still confuses me is another story..SDog makes it sound like they can cut and run with no hit on cap..I sure as hell hope not..
Nope, Clayton said it was an 11 million dollar cap hit even if he is released (more if not).
I've heard other places say it may be as high as 14 million.
Thats a start for this season..So it would be safe to assume next season as well?

It'd be a 19M cap hit spread out over 2 years if they outright cut him.

They could try to trade him, but a team would have to re-do his deal before it happens. Pretty unlikely considering teams know the Cowboys can't go into next season with a $23M backup QB.

Their best window to win a Super Bowl was this season when the NFC was collectively down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1z3clxl2 said:
All I know is I can't wait for them to trade/cut Romo and for Dak to regress in his 2nd year. Then they'll be in cap hell and have a major question mark at QB.

Dak was mighty impressive as a rookie, but the Cowboys schedule was Charmin sawft. Wait until they get that 1st place sched, play the AFC West AND have all kinds of teams studying up on how to slow them down.
Been telling the Cowboys clown at work the very same thing. The Super Bowl window was this last year.

ringless

Reaction score
What is the obsession with the "First place schedule" on this forum like it really means much. First of all a first place schedule only changes 2 teams, otherwise the other 14 in the division are all common games. You play your own division 6 games. You play one AFC division 4 games (total of 10) You play one NFC division 4 games (total of 14) then you play 1 team each, from the remaining NFC divisions in accordance with where you placed last year.

Lets look at Division winners or teams 1st place teams would play in the various NFC Divisions from 2015
Arizona 13-3 finished 2nd at 7-9-1
Minny 11-5 finished 3rd at 8-8
Carolina 15-1 finished 4th at 6-10
Washington 9-7 finished 3rd at 8-7-1

A first place schedule, would be first place if you had played the teams the year prior. Those teams change during the offseason and don't always remain in first. As evidenced above.