Took back the division today!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
JRobinson":3uw32avx said:
Optimus25":3uw32avx said:
Don't recall giving it back in the first place.

The rams beat up on Indy, 49ers, and an extremely short rest Dallas and then they were anointed or something?

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them. And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

Now, with that said, Russel Wilson continues to be who we know he is; a big time gamer. You guys also made some early in game adjustments to score yalls fist TD, really nice there. And as mentioned above, yalls defense is still a very good overall unit. I was kinda surprised we targeted Sherman as much as we did.

Well, hopefully y'all came out clean of injuries. Until next time fellas, GG.

I would say that Earl Thomas outplayed Gurley at the pylon.......

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I gotta give some credit to Cable. Endless flack but the line has progressed each week out. We knew it was a huge weakness and it went up against possibly the nastiest test it's going to face and it was better than in weeks past. He's got them trending the right direction. Hopefully that learning curve continues and that progression continues. It's a young raw line, growing pains come with that and we have seen some doozies but I can't believe Bevell gets love this week and the offense was anemic... yet the line coach gets trashed and the line passed it's toughest test yet, there were mistakes but Russ had more time today than he probably did all year, they get a passing grade and so does Cable imo.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JRobinson":1300bac0 said:
Optimus25":1300bac0 said:

The rams beat up on Indy, 49ers, and an extremely short rest Dallas and then they were anointed or something?

Come on man. Enough with the excuses on why we beat certain teams; the fact is we beat them. And you know what? We should have won today too. We left 20 points on the field to you guys. Yeah, you're defense is still one of the best, but we had y'all on the ropes a few times. We beat ourselves and it's would be silly for you to say that y'all outplayed us for this game, because you didn't.

Now, with that said, Russel Wilson continues to be who we know he is; a big time gamer. You guys also made some early in game adjustments to score yalls fist TD, really nice there. And as mentioned above, yalls defense is still a very good overall unit. I was kinda surprised we targeted Sherman as much as we did.

The FACT that we won playing against your powerhouse Rams, in YOUR HOUSE no less, proves that the Seahawks were the better team today, and they absolutely DID "Outplay" the Rams, or Y'all would have had another W in your book and they'd be all by their lonesome in the NFC WEST.
You say that the Rams left 20 points on the field for the Seahawks, and the same can be said in switcheroo, as the Seahawks had some flubbed plays that Y'all didn't capitalize on, so that too is just "An Excuse".

JRobinson

Reaction score
Hawkpower":112w1c0v said:
JRobinson":112w1c0v said:
Optimus25":112w1c0v said:

You didn't beat yourselves.

Seattle forced turnovers with a dominant defense and was the better team today.

Would love to hear your justification regarding you believing otherwise.

Please elaborate on how we didn't beat ourselves. I'll give you a few things from my prospective and you can tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Gurley was careless with the ball at the .0001 yard line. +7 pts
2. Tavon Austin Fumble that put y'all in good field position which y'all couldn't capitalize on.
3. Missed field goal. +3
4. INT to Richardson due to a terrible, unpressured throwing error on a screen to Gurley. I'd say +3 but that's speculating, I'll let that one slide.
5. The drop in the end zone by Cooper Kupp to win the game. +7

Am I'm missing something? Again, I gave due credit to your defense, but those things I listed are us shooting ourselves in the foot and not executing. I also don't recall you guys getting close to the red zone and making costly mistakes because y'all simply couldn't make it to the red zone hardly.

Just my perspective.

JRobinson

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1don4m6e said:
JRobinson":1don4m6e said:
Optimus25":1don4m6e said:

The FACT that we won playing against your powerhouse Rams, in YOUR HOUSE no less, proves that the Seahawks were the better team today, and they absolutely DID "Outplay" the Rams, or Y'all would have had another W in your book and they'd be all by their lonesome in the NFC WEST.
You say that the Rams left 20 points on the field for the Seahawks, and the same can be said in switcheroo, as the Seahawks had some flubbed plays that Y'all didn't capitalize on, so that too is just "An Excuse".

Can you give the plays where this occurred? And no we aren't talking turnovers here; both teams had that issue. Missing a field goal, fumbling at he 1 is not an excuse, it's a lack of execution. Those were points to be had, there is no debating that.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
JRobinson":3l5qlcmq said:
Hawkpower":3l5qlcmq said:
JRobinson":3l5qlcmq said:
Optimus25":3l5qlcmq said:

You didn't beat yourselves.

Seattle forced turnovers with a dominant defense and was the better team today.

Would love to hear your justification regarding you believing otherwise.

Please elaborate on how we didn't beat ourselves. I'll give you a few things from my prospective and you can tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Gurley was careless with the ball at the .0001 yard line. +7 pts
2. Tavon Austin Fumble that put y'all in good field position which y'all couldn't capitalize on.
3. Missed field goal. +3
4. INT to Richardson due to a terrible, unpressured throwing error on a screen to Gurley. I'd say +3 but that's speculating, I'll let that one slide.
5. The drop in the end zone by Cooper Kupp to win the game. +7

Am I'm missing something? Again, I gave due credit to your defense, but those things I listed are us shooting ourselves in the foot and not executing. I also don't recall you guys getting close to the red zone and making costly mistakes because y'all simply couldn't make it to the red zone hardly.

Just my perspective.

The Gurley fumble has to be hard to deal with, but that's more of a freak thing then a real mistake. That's just Earl Thomas being at the right place at the right time doing something insane and the ball falling in the right place. That's a high probability TD if he goes out near the goal line, though.

That Cupp catch was really hard to make. He put a great move on Coleman but it was a hard ball to get.

The turnovers were killer for the Rams. Winnable game and they kept coughing the ball up.

Seymour

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":35b0b0p5 said:
johnnyfever":35b0b0p5 said:
What a huge friggin win, and one I had an L on. Bevell actually was pretty decent in this one. Cable not so much, but we all know that.

Total 2013 type win against a good team and a must win if we want to have a chance.

Gotta be happy even knowing we still need work right?

I think you mixed the bold up to be honest.

The line played great, and the offense should have scored more.

D was beastly.

Special teams was good.

Oline was improved a bit over last season against the Rams, but played "great"? Not so much. only 3 sacks, but that was much because of Wilson magic. There were 11 QB hits and he was under pressure most of the game. That and next to no running room against what was the #30 run D is far from great.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qqzqysw said:
BOTH teams left opportunities out there. Great game overall, snot knocker.

It was fun to watch the Seahawks give the Rams a reality check that their offense can't just run over everybody.

JRobinson

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2nzzr4rx said:
SoulfishHawk":2nzzr4rx said:
BOTH teams left opportunities out there. Great game overall, snot knocker.

It was fun to watch the Seahawks give the Rams a reality check that their offense can't just run over everybody.

Agree completely on your last two posts. I think it's good in a way that we got beat. But as you know, losses are frustrating as all get out when you're so invested in your team.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The way I look at it, it looked like a typical Rams-Seahawks games where both teams have times where they make the other team look worse than they really are. These games typically come down to whichever team is able to take advantage of the other team's miscue. In this case the Seahawks did that more effectively. I chalk it up to a little more experience on our side of the line, and I am worried about the Rams as their younger players mature. That Goff-Kupp connection is going to nag us for years.

The teams looked like two, fairly evenly matched, super heavyweight champs trading blows. Great game and a budding rivalry which will be good for both teams.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":ey0mlyws said:
The teams looked like two, fairly evenly matched, super heavyweight champs trading blows. Great game and a budding rivalry which will be good for both teams.

You're absolutely correct on this, MT Doc.

In 2013, we had one of the toughest, if not the toughest, divisions in the league. Iron sharpens iron, and we deserved everything we got that year.

Just by way of comparison, remember how we won the NFCCG? It was a slugfest, too, and not a lot different than the Rams game on Sunday, concluding with the niners marching down the field and a pass away from winning the game (though with a bit of time left on the clock).

But then, a turnover. The tip.

Oh, how sweet it was!

Latest posts