Tough game, you guys earned it

Vance87

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that was a heck of a game today. Probably the most physical Texans game I've watched since the 2011 playoff against the Ravens. In the end we couldn't close (like usual) and we were gutted after the pick 6 thrown by he who shall not be named.

It was bad watching my team lose but man, I wish we had a coach and a QB like you guys do. I remember seeing Carroll give that speech on the sideline before OT, and the way he strutted about and always seemed to be smiling. And Wilson, I couldn't like that guy more. Some gutsy running when our D was pushing your line back in his face. He made all the guys chasing him look slow. I knew you guys were capable of comebacks, you did it last year twice in the playoffs. You have a great team and you've got a fan in me.

Now, PLEASE beat the FREAKING Colts and we promise we will trounce the 49ers :D

Kennewick_Man

Reaction score
Classy post, thank you. It was a very physical game, I'm surprised (and relieved) no one else was seriously hurt. It's really something to see two heavyweight teams go at it like we saw today. You've got one hell of a team, when they get rolling, watch out.
Thanks again for the post, good luck the rest of the way. We'll try and take care of Captain Neck-Beard next weekend for you guys:)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vance87":37ogqr3k said:
Just wanted to say that was a heck of a game today. Probably the most physical Texans game I've watched since the 2011 playoff against the Ravens. In the end we couldn't close (like usual) and we were gutted after the pick 6 thrown by he who shall not be named.

It was bad watching my team lose but man, I wish we had a coach and a QB like you guys do. I remember seeing Carroll give that speech on the sideline before OT, and the way he strutted about and always seemed to be smiling. And Wilson, I couldn't like that guy more. Some gutsy running when our D was pushing your line back in his face. He made all the guys chasing him look slow. I knew you guys were capable of comebacks, you did it last year twice in the playoffs. You have a great team and you've got a fan in me.

Deal

DistantHawk

Reaction score
Very classy post - can't imagine where my head would be at if I had been supporting the opposite team, testament to your character. Houston are a very good team, toughest game for us all season unfortunately the QB situation is not pretty. Best of luck for the rest of the season especially next week.

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
You'll find that on all the various Seahawks blogs and such, that the Texans fan base is held in high esteem. I had some great dialogues with Texans fans this week, you guys are a class group for sure.

Your team is TOUGH, don't be too down. I haven't been more scared for Russell than I was today. I've seen some highlights and stats and knew JJ was good, but after watching a whole game I had no clue he was downright terrifying. I'm just glad we don't play you guys in the regular season again for a long time.

And yes, PLEASE crush the niners. I want Watt to put the fear of God into Kaepernick and run him down like a Grizzly on a spring fawn.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I believe Watt and Wilson are similar in the sense that they both are well liked even amongst rival fans. Watt is best in what he does and I hope Texans do well this season. The pick six was mostly just bad playcalling and genius defending, I wouldnt blame it on Schaub.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Vance87":3lrlh1g0 said:

Yeah, we would have to play at your home and with your team coming off loss to the Ravens that had them fired up. Then the stars REALLY aligned when we show up with 3 backups on a shuffled OL, haha! I'm amazed we pulled this off. The Colts don't look any easier, but here we go!

warden

Reaction score
Vance87":350nn303 said:

There is a good plan

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
A battle that had me on the edge of my seat. I had this game circled at the beginning of the year, and kept my eye on that Houston front 7. Knowing Seattle had a banged up line I knew it was going to be tough to operate, but Seattle is deep at every position...and I believe in every one of these players to do their jobs.

The one time I truly felt nervous was that PI on Browner, outside of that play, I knew Wilson was leaving Texas with the win. The look in his eyes on the sideline when they came out for the second half sealed the deal for me.

That said, mad respect to Houston and their fan base...showed class all week and even in defeat.

Here's to Houston doing work next week!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
You have a team to be proud of, I know it sucks that it didn't work out for you on Sunday. But I think the Texans will be right in the thick of things in January.

Steve2222

Reaction score
TwilightError":1zqzgqty said:
I believe Watt and Wilson are similar in the sense that they both are well liked even amongst rival fans. Watt is best in what he does and I hope Texans do well this season. The pick six was mostly just bad playcalling and genius defending, I wouldnt blame it on Schaub.

I would. In that situation, up by 7 midfield, you have to just go down and take the sack. You could see as soon as Schaub threw it he was like "oh no, what have I done." It was a floater with one Texans player in the vicinity and three BallHawkers.

Thunderkyss

Reaction score
I think it was a good game..... loved it when we scored early & often on the (used to be) #1 defense. But when we recovered the fumble on your 19 & couldn't punch it in the end zone, it was the beginning of the end. Nothing against your team... I like your team, but there are several fans that predicted a loss at that point.

I know some of you guys had been to our board & you saw the attitude over there. "We" don't like our QB, we don't like our Coach & their success prolongs there stay in Houston. I don't share those feelings, but after a game like yesterday I can understand it.

You guys are being really cool with all the keep your chin up talk & we'll be in the thick of things when it's all said & done. I'd be happy with that because I feel anything can happen once we get to the play offs. Others... others won't be happy if we don't win the Super Bowl & no matter how "close" we get.... they'd rather go 2-14 if we don't win the Super Bowl so we can move on from the Kubiak/Schaub era.

Anyway..... you guys are cool, keep it real & we're going to whip your a55 in the Super Bowl.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Watt is a beast and Cushing is no slouch either. I knew Cushing was good, and questioned the dollar amount on his extension, but man is he worth it.

Emotional roller coaster. Good luck the rest of the year!

:229031_cheers:

hawker84

Reaction score
Any team with a lesser defense would have lost that game, your team unfortunately was playing the Seahawks... That was the worst defensive performance of the season in the first half, fortunately they were able to make adjustmensts at half and come out and play lights out... Last year i think we lose that game... Kudos to your team for giving us everything we could handle yesterday, good luck the rest of the way...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Houston Fans earned a tip of my hat yesterday. The crowd at that game before during and after were polite and gracious hosts. I hope nothing but the best (in the AFC) for that team.

Talk about physical-I don't envy you guys having to play Seattle San Fran St Louis in succession like this. That's 3 aggressive and physical defenses.

Now Go Beat the Niners.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Man, that's one of the classiest and best posts I've ever read here. You've made a fan out of me. :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: