Training camp comments to attending fans

H4WKSF4N

Reaction score
I went to training camp for the first time ever. Mixed feelings on attending camp. My girlfriends 9 years old son tore his acl playing football a couple months ago which required surgery and PT. So I thought I'd surprise him and take him to training camp to cheer him up.

I guess I had the misconception that adults come and watch practice and let the kids get autographs. Not that there's anything wrong with adults seeking autographs.

I stepped back so two kids could get front row and stood back a couple feet to keep an eye on the little guy. Practice came to a finish and you could see hundreds of adults jump up and crowd the fence line pushing and reaching over adults or kids that had been waiting patiently all day. The one that pissed me off the most was a guy sporting a mullet, Wilson jersey and several ear rings shove his way through a crowd of parents/kids shoving his cheap football in Sherman's face. Sherman signed everyone around him and then reluctantly signed his football to get him out of there.

My anger went away for a minute after seeing the little guy face after getting his card signed by Sherman.

I wish the seahawks would set up a section for kids only.

SDHawk

Reaction score
H4WKSF4N":2bfxt696 said:
I went to training camp for the first time ever. Mixed feelings on attending camp. My girlfriends 9 years old son tore his acl playing football a couple months ago which required surgery and PT. So I thought I'd surprise him and take him to training camp to cheer him up.

I guess I had the misconception that adults come and watch practice and let the kids get autographs. Not that there's anything wrong with adults seeking autographs.

I stepped back so two kids could get front row and stood back a couple feet to keep an eye on the little guy. Practice came to a finish and you could see hundreds of adults jump up and crowd the fence line pushing and reaching over adults or kids that had been waiting patiently all day. The one that pissed me off the most was a guy sporting a mullet, Wilson jersey and several ear rings shove his way through a crowd of parents/kids shoving his cheap football in Sherman's face. Sherman signed everyone around him and then reluctantly signed his football to get him out of there.

My anger went away for a minute after seeing the little guy face after getting his card signed by Sherman.

I wish the seahawks would set up a section for kids only.

Not much you can do about jerks like that but good on you for looking out for the little guy and keeping your temper in check.

mikeak

Reaction score
SDHawk":32aeilcj said:
Not much you can do about jerks like that but good on you for looking out for the little guy and keeping your temper in check.

+1

Went to an easter egg hunt at the Lions club years ago and the toddler section was filled with adults that didn't guide their little kids to eggs but pushed and made their way to ensure that their little kid got not one egg or so but as much as possible. As they were filling the baskets for their kids I pulled mine out of there and we went and bought candy to make the easter egg hunt in the same place as it has been since - at home.....

can't stand that kind of behavior and appreciate those that handle it right - kids up front and back off a bit

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
True...total chaos at the end of Training Camp. There are some who push their way to the fence....somehow thinking that they are more important than those ahead of them. Selfish bastards! :141847_bnono:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Noticed this kind of behavior at Woodland Park Zoo last Saturday, was really crowded.

I'd step way back (but close enough to keep an eye on my little monster) to let the kids get up to the glass or fence to look at whatever animal it was and be out of the way for the youngsters.

Then started noticing grown adults stepping in front of kids, pushing their way in, was just a lot of shaking my head moments at the rudeness and/or obliviousness of who should be the adults. :34853_doh:

So it doesn't surprise me adults were acting like this to get autographs. :roll:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":kbc7261n said:
Noticed this kind of behavior at Woodland Park Zoo last Saturday, was really crowded.

I'd step way back (but close enough to keep an eye on my little monster) to let the kids get up to the glass or fence to look at whatever animal it was and be out of the way for the youngsters.

Then started noticing grown adults stepping in front of kids, pushing their way in, was just a lot of shaking my head moments at the rudeness and/or obliviousness of who should be the adults. :34853_doh:

So it doesn't surprise me adults were acting like this to get autographs. :roll:

We had the same issue there a few months ago. I had no problem exclaiming out loud what I thought of those people.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Adults chasing autographs???

Do they also scream when boy bands come on the radio???

Throwdown

Reaction score
Last year, the practice I went to it wasn't that chaotic for autographs at all, then again I left about 10 minutes earlier after they were done with their scrimmage, I wanted no part of waiting to get on that stupid ass bus to get back to the landing. We beat that rush :)

Riley12

Reaction score
Okay - time to queue up another old timer's lament about the good ol' Cheney days.

Man those were great days. Professional (?) autograph seekers considered it too remote and so they were few and far between.
You could actually stand on the fence and have conversations with players. So nice. So far in the distant past.

The new training camp experience is about mashing as many people onto buses and grass berms as fire code allows.

You CAN register your children for a chance at a signing I believe. How that's managed, I have no idea.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There's a kids area that is awesome for getting autographs. Use it. Sign your kid up for the kids club and you get access.

http://www.seahawks.com/youth/kids-club.html

The adults area is for adults, when it comes to autographs; which is probably why it's fierce that way. Adults see kids getting the easy hook-up with no line.

Don't get mad at the adults because you're not taking advantage of the kids-only autographing area right at the corner of the building after practice.

OP
OP
H

H4WKSF4N

Reaction score
Well first thanks for heads up on kids area only, I did not see an area for it. My gf sons friend did win on a spin to a private autograph line.

As for "adult area" didn't know there was a beer garden or an area for grown men to act like douche bags and clamor over kids seeking autographs.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's not that it's an adult area, it's just that since there IS a kids autograph area cordoned off, it kind of makes the normal area a de facto adult section. I'm not defending adults being jerks or whatever, I'm just saying, you should take advantage of how to get the premium hookup. :)

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more.

For a further example, I can't believe that no one has posted the crying Redskin's lady who popped up online yesterday:

[youtube]Vndh77xCXzY[/youtube]