Training Camp Day 3

chris98251

Reaction score
austinslater25":26qgsbf9 said:
Well Michael is an elite talent with arguably the best running back in the league ahead of him. Curry started and fell flat on his face. I think the situations are a little different.
Curry started, Michael is still trying to get out of the dog house.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wonder if we are being a little impatient and a little unfair to michael because of who he has ahead of him. Michael will get his chance next year imo and will play a much bigger role this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":zwhl06jf said:
Yep. Any day now. The Aaron Curry of RBs
At least he wasn't a top 4 pick. Sweet Mary and Jesus what a disaster that was. Michael is just one of million guys with all the physical tools combined with little to nothing between the ears and worse he has NO desire. He's the James Carpenter of running backs.

He might well be McFadden decent for some team that isn't setting the pace or performs when playing against the first tier which is a requirement to be on this team.

But he'll do something for some scrub team.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Austin, last year Lynch didn't start two games , missed the entire first quarter. If the only problem was was who's in front of him then Michael would have played. But instead Turbin got the start. Last year the Seahawks specifically came out and said they wanted to "save" Lynch some, especially early in the year, but they never got to the point they trusted him.
It shouldn't take a 2nd round draft pick at running back 3 years to get playing time,.
I don't think he's terrible but I don't think he's inspired much confidence in the coaching staff.

Ozzy

Reaction score
First thanks for sharing your camp notes, loved reading it.

I'm totally with you, he has been a disaster and they obviously don't trust him. I heard a guy say that the players themselves consider him to be a freak talent and they think he will blow up at some point IF he can get his head on right. I think he's just a slow learner and probably not the smartest guy in any room but once he gets his 10-15 carries a game he's going to be a star. I didn't say its a safe or smart bet I just have a gut feeling with Michael. Maybe a Larry Johnson type who takes some time to get on the field. This could easily be a case of me sticking with it because I was so pumped when they drafted him and I want to ride it out lol.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Christine is electric when he runs. Turbin is not. But Turbin is workman like. Christine is not. If he had more workman in him he'd be a star. Doesn't seem like he's going figure that out while a Seahawk.

Clayton was the first person I heard float the idea of trading him to Houston on yesterdays afternoon segment. He proposed we might be interested in trading him for a 5th with a possible upgrade to a 4th round pick. He said he was only speculating, not reporting. Then this morning Brock brings it up like it's a rumor circulating and Clayton comments on it like he didn't start it. Was odd to say the least. Wonder if Clayton knows anything or was planting the idea at the request of Pete and John?

SC

Ozzy

Reaction score
My love for Michael is completely irrational I know that. I just can't get myself to throw in the towel yet. My biggest fear is trading him and then having to watch him blow up.

Good breakdown of Michael/Turbin and its pretty spot on. I just hope the light comes on for CM.

Latest posts