Tre Flowers expected to start at CB today

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1038758371669762048[/tweet]

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Although I’m nervous about this in real time, in this particular game, I feel like he’ll develop nicely as an outside corner in this league. He could really get eaten up today though.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Excited to start seeing what the young guys can do.

So who had him in the pool of most likely rookies to start opening day?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I predict 2 int's, both going the other way for td's.

Jville

Reaction score
Thus far in his football career, Flowers has only been a safety on the defensive side of the ball. He’s going to play his first game at corner as a starter against Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, and/or Courtland Sutton. It’s a hell of a way to make an introduction.

Usa today 108910040

Could turn out to be a heck of a story >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/9/17837502/seahawks-broncos-tre-flowers-cornerback-rookie-debut-start-dontae-johnson[/urltargetblank]

TreeRon

Reaction score
My expectations for this game are conflicting. Sure I'd like for the Hawks to win and I'd be ecstatic if they won decisively . I would not be to downtrodden if we lost a struggle. Either way I expect these newbees to get better and better as games progress. I would not be surprised for the Hawks to struggle early and come on strong in the second half of the season.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Now that's what I am talking about! Throw him in the fire! Even if he makes mistakes, he's young and he's only going to grow from there.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Yeeeeeesh. I wish there was a better alternative.

chris98251

Reaction score
nanomoz":akijuty9 said:
Yeeeeeesh. I wish there was a better alternative.

He played and played well for the most part in pre season, too bad we can't get a 5 or 6 time all pro off the street for cheap to fill in, everyone seems to forget that the LOB was nobody but Earl Thomas as a first round pick for a year or so before they all synced up.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
He needs to do what Griffin did last year. Doesn't need to do anything special, don't get burned deep, make your tackles and keep everything in front of you.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I'm going to reserve judgment until he gets a few games under his belt. He's definitely a lot more raw than Griffin was last year. He was beat a lot in the preseason. But you can also see the potential is there. Wish they could "redshirt" him. But that's not a choice due to the injuries. Hope the fans will be patient with him.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What did you guys think of his performance today?

I thought he looked really raw, but there's some potential there. Sort of reminded me of when Sherman first started back in 2011. Tall, fast, aggressive. We may have something there imo

mistaowen

Reaction score
Once he learned how to defend the drag routes he settled in. Had some good coverages down the sidelines. I can see why they’re high on him however he definitely needs some refining. Remember, he wasn’t supposed to start today.

Jville

Reaction score
I give him an enthusiastic two thumbs up. His development has been so fast in such a short amount of time. I say get him more snaps :2thumbs: to continue his fast track development.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1nh2rgwj said:
I give him an enthusiastic two thumbs up. His development has been so fast in such a short amount of time. I say get him more snaps :2thumbs: to continue his fast track development.

Yeah if they get him starting opposite Griffin with Coleman at nickel, the corners are promising as starters.

Depth is concerning. Hopefully Flowers continue to improve and makes a name for himself!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mistaowen":2i756nm8 said:
Once he learned how to defend the drag routes he settled in. Had some good coverages down the sidelines. I can see why they’re high on him however he definitely needs some refining. Remember, he wasn’t supposed to start today.

Yeah he did do quite a few good things today. As long as they keep getting better we might even have a good season.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Flowers looked legit today. Seems to be learning quickly.

mistaowen

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3fk0d8pm said:
mistaowen":3fk0d8pm said:

Yeah he did do quite a few good things today. As long as they keep getting better we might even have a good season.

His size and athleticism are perfect for Pete's system, would have been nice to give him some more time to learn CB but throwing him into the fire might work out the best. Although it seemed Sherm wasn't in the teams plans going forward, I wish Tre had a year learning from him. Shaq is light-years ahead of where he was last year and attributes a lot of his development to RS.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
mistaowen":11v7knad said:
seahawkfreak":11v7knad said:
mistaowen":11v7knad said:

His size and athleticism are perfect for Pete's system, would have been nice to give him some more time to learn CB but throwing him into the fire might work out the best. Although it seemed Sherm wasn't in the teams plans going forward, I wish Tre had a year learning from him. Shaq is light-years ahead of where he was last year and attributes a lot of his development to RS.

There were times yesterday, particularly when Griffin dropped into his cover three zone as the snap came and when he made a tackle at the LOS, that I could have sworn it was Sherman in there. Those coaches have those guys really using the same techniques well.

Latest posts