Tre Flowers PFF rating last 2 weeks.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Flowers is lousy in coverage and great in tackling. So he's got that over Kelly Jennings who couldn't do either.

And TBH, half of what Carroll wants his players to do is fly to the ball and tackle well. So that's probably why Flowers is out there as often as he is.

In the end I think he's a better Free Safety prospect, but his length makes him look like a boundary corner. But he's much better when the play is in front of him rather than when he's trailing a receiver.

Fade

Reaction score
It's been 40+ games, people.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/10/...nbar-seattle-seahawks-cornerbacks-2020-season
In Flowers’ limited (192 of a possible 391) snaps in 2020, he has been the easiest target in football. Quarterbacks are completing a shocking 84.2% of passes thrown at Flowers this season, with the corner allowing 12 yards per target—not per completion, per target. For context, the NFL record for highest completion percentage in a single season is 74.4%; the record for yards per attempt is 9.9. If a quarterback was able to throw exclusively at Flowers for an entire season they would set records that are at Wayne Gretzky levels of unachievable.

He is literally a free first down if the opposing QB is smart enough to target him.

He is the worst of all time statistically this year, the WOAT. But PFF says he's top 10 the last couple of weeks so it must be true. Look, I use PFF all the time, but it shouldn't be used as some sort of absolute authority on the subject. He played an injured Jimmy the Gigolo, and it made him look better, that is my deduction from that grade.

He is pretty good on special teams, and maybe he can play safety, but he is a liability at corner.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And that 10 yard cushion...over and over and over again.
I want him to better, but I just don't see it with Flowers.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2y92jgq7 said:
Flowers is lousy in coverage and great in tackling. So he's got that over Kelly Jennings who couldn't do either.

And TBH, half of what Carroll wants his players to do is fly to the ball and tackle well. So that's probably why Flowers is out there as often as he is.

In the end I think he's a better Free Safety prospect, but his length makes him look like a boundary corner. But he's much better when the play is in front of him rather than when he's trailing a receiver.

If you're playing with a cushion that big you better be able to tackle, otherwise the receiver gets 10 yards after the catch for free.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":1a9rxj3p said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/10/...nbar-seattle-seahawks-cornerbacks-2020-season
In Flowers’ limited (192 of a possible 391) snaps in 2020, he has been the easiest target in football. Quarterbacks are completing a shocking 84.2% of passes thrown at Flowers this season, with the corner allowing 12 yards per target—not per completion, per target. For context, the NFL record for highest completion percentage in a single season is 74.4%; the record for yards per attempt is 9.9. If a quarterback was able to throw exclusively at Flowers for an entire season they would set records that are at Wayne Gretzky levels of unachievable.

He is literally a free first down if the opposing QB is smart enough to target him.

He is the worst of all time statistically this year, the WOAT. But PFF says he's top 10 the last couple of weeks so it must be true. Look, I use PFF all the time, but it shouldn't be used as some sort of absolute authority on the subject. He played an injured Jimmy the Gigolo, and it made him look better, that is my deduction from that grade.

He is pretty good on special teams, and maybe he can play safety, but he is a liability at corner.

And Shaq was the 2nd worst CB in PFF for season 2.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I dont like pff. Check pro football reference.

I will list our corners in categories I think are the most important. Flowers was killed in 2 games this year. Both were the weeks dunbar was out vs dallas and Miami. He got cooked, but so did our defense in general. Dunbar if playing those games would have flowers see less time.
Dunbar would have been picked on. Dunbar is targeted equally in games he has played. Flowers barely gets targeted, but has also less snaps. Here are the stats...

TDs given up- Flowers 1, Dunbar 3, Griffin 5

Targets- Flowers 39, Dunbar 42, Griffin 48

Comp % against- Flowers 79.5, Dunbar 59.5, Griffin 68.8

Snaps def- Flowers 307, Dunbar 343, Griffin 422

As I have said. Our whole pass defense is getting beat. Until last week. While flowers is giving up a higher rate. Dunbar has played two less games. Griffin one less game with still the most snaps. Both Dunbar and griffin have given up more TDs than flowers to me which is more important. Flowers has been giving up the easy play but doesnt allow tds.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Fade":13fn4x6m said:

Trust your sources. Garbage by sbnation. I'll take someone who gives up less TDs then his two corner teammates.

Fade

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":361ic8e6 said:
Fade":361ic8e6 said:

Trust your sources. Garbage by sbnation. I'll take someone who gives up less TDs then his two corner teammates.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Citing stats not opinions. The stats are not wrong.

Less snaps, so of course, he has surrendered less TDs. Keep giving him snaps and that number will creep up as well. He surrendered 2 TDs in the Dallas game alone, so those TD numbers are wrong anyway. (a Go ball, and voided his zone on a crosser. I guess they don't factor in zone? And he plays a lot of it, because he can't cover anyone man on man.)

Flowers is on pace to set records in completion % surrendered and Yards per target. He is Free First Down for any QB who wants it.

The quicker he finds the bench the better, which will be soon hopefully with Griffin, Dunbar, Reed, & Amadi getting the snaps at corner. Cheers, there is nothing to argue here. :irishdrinkers:

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Your wrong. In zone its pass of coverage to the next man so he has given up 1 td. Literally had two bad games and has played all of them. Dunbar is getting more thrown at him on average then all of them per game. Which means he is a liability too. Griffin just as much. Of course his numbers will go up with more snaps. So will Dunbar and griffin. I will go ahead a venture to say flowers comp percent against will drop while TDs given up will stay the same.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, why does it matter if someone thinks Flowers isn't a solid corner? It's all opinions.
I go by what my eyes see, and I've seen a guy who has regressed big time. And there's no way he's as good as Dunbar or Griffin. Oh well, believe what you want :mrgreen:

5-5
Trade Wags
Fire Pete and John

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Here's what i see about PFF.

If it fits your narrative then PFF is correct.

If not? All lies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, just an opinion. I think he's average at best, you think he's good. It's no big deal.
Time to move on to Sunday. Go Hawks

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":105l6ktj said:
Nope, just an opinion. I think he's average at best, you think he's good. It's no big deal.

No i wasn't replying to you at all. Lol.

Now since you i realized you were speaking to me. Did you think Shaq was good year 2? Are you glad we kept shaq? If you answer yes then you are wrong on year 2 and overall i like to five players 3 to 4 years to see what they can do.

I feel like ppl want success on year 1. I remember when qbs would sit for a few years. I understand that its a new world tho.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2t76reu3 said:
SoulfishHawk":2t76reu3 said:

No i wasn't replying to you at all. Lol.

Now since you i realized you were speaking to me. Did you think Shaq was good year 2? Are you glad we kept shaq? If you answer yes then you are wrong on year 2 and overall i like to five players 3 to 4 years to see what they can do.

I feel like ppl want success on year 1. I remember when qbs would sit for a few years. I understand that its a new world tho.

:ditto: I'd also like to remind people that he is a converted safety. He's playing CB at the request of the coaching staff, due to the immediate needs of the team. We can all see, that the way he covers and hits, it's pretty obvious that he has a safety's instincts. The two positions, are way more different than people think. Not that it matters, but when I played football, I was an excellent safety. One game, I was asked to cover at corner, and I lasted one quarter. I was a terrible CB, to the shock of my coach and the whole team. This shows that he is atleast an above average athlete and football player. At his minimum price, he's definitely worth keeping around.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Covering someone is truly the hardest thing to do in football. This is why, if you give even a mediocre QB even an extra second or two, he'll most likely complete the pass... because that's all it takes for defensive secondary's to break down.

olyfan63

Reaction score
TypeSly":10b8jt8i said:
:ditto: I'd also like to remind people that he is a converted safety. He's playing CB at the request of the coaching staff, due to the immediate needs of the team. We can all see, that the way he covers and hits, it's pretty obvious that he has a safety's instincts. The two positions, are way more different than people think. Not that it matters, but when I played football, I was an excellent safety. One game, I was asked to cover at corner, and I lasted one quarter. I was a terrible CB, to the shock of my coach and the whole team. This shows that he is atleast an above average athlete and football player. At his minimum price, he's definitely worth keeping around.

So true. An average or slightly below average NFL DB can easily be the difference between Lombardi or no Lombardi. An average NFL DB wins you a championship

SBXL: Marquand Manuel out, Etric Pruit in... goodbye Lombardi.

SBXLIX: Jeremy Lane out, Tharald Simon in... look, another TD for Amendola and Edelman! ByeBye Lombardi.

You can never have too many halfway-decent NFL DBs available to your team in the playoffs.