Trent Dilfer leaving ESPN

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1mmiwjtx said:
Marvin49":1mmiwjtx said:
Kinda glad he's gone.

Dude was so big a Niner homer on draft days it turned even my stomach.

Bullshit :179422:

Love ya, Marv.

Nah...seriously. He was tough to take. I love to hear positive talk about the Niners, but Dilfer would make every move sound like a masterful stroke. Last year on MNF he was making Kap sound like Tom Brady.

Just WAY too over the top. It was so egregious I couldn't take anything he said seriously. Consider him the anti-Kawakami. :) Too far in the opposite direction.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cic33ch said:
Just WAY too over the top. It was so egregious I couldn't take anything he said seriously. Consider him the anti-Kawakami. :) Too far in the opposite direction.

Perfect way to put it. Just way over the top into the stratosphere and really cringey.

ESPN has been cost cutting by shedding below the line talent for a couple years now, so good to see them clearing house above the line too (this was apparently over a contract dispute).

Hopefull Berman is next. He couldn't even string coherent sentences together during the draft, leaving Gruden et al trying to hold back their eye rolls and smirks on national television.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":l9ic6kp1 said:
Yet they are keeping Chris Berman...

Skip Bayliss is leaving too.

I'm sure Berman has some tenure there to hang it up whenever he wants. Sad to say.

But ESPN is losing some very talented people. Mike Tirico and Brad Nessler are also both leaving the mother ship. Obviously they already ran off Bill Simmons and Colin Cowherd (I enjoy Simmons when he isn't fawning over Boston sports and Cowherd blows IMO.. but still...) Another personal fav of mine is Robert Flores and he took off for the MLB Network.

Pretty interesting to see it going down the way it is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cris Carter and Ray Lewis gone now as well, they are cleaning house of salary it appears. Also the ESPN radio guy Sean McDonough is taking over on Monday Night Football for Mike Tirico,

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It couldn't have happened to three more deserving guys except maybe our former fullback Hugh Evans on the NFL.network, that hates the Seahawks beyond what's reasonable. Or maybe even Ron "Colin Krappernick Lover" Jaworski also. I bet he's just loving Denver's current QOTF. Because he's really tall right?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Crizilla":19276s3d said:
Dildofer:"I like Seattle, I really do". Uh no you don't a-hole. You're a 49er guy through and through. Maybe Jedthro will hire you as the next GM down there when he shitcans Baalke and then you can prove to everyone what a football genius you truly are.

BTW, though the Carpenter pick ended up pretty meh, I thank God we didn't pick the Ginger like Dildofer screamed we should have. That would've meant no Russ and first round playoff failures.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I couldn't stand Dilfer but towards the end he seemed to come around a little bit on the Sehawks and Wilson.

Not a fan of ESPN although Kapadia deserves credit, he's doing a great job covering the Seahawks. More people should check his stuff out.

rideaducati

Reaction score
austinslater25":38curs9d said:
I couldn't stand Dilfer but towards the end he seemed to come around a little bit on the Sehawks and Wilson.

Not a fan of ESPN although Kapadia deserves credit, he's doing a great job covering the Seahawks. More people should check his stuff out.

Blount destroyed my faith in ESPN.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Crizilla":175x9pi2 said:

Trent needs to look up the word exponentially. His hyperbolic fawning over Kap was disgusting.

To be fair, not the finest draft and I thought we over drafted with the first two picks. I'll never forget Saban being blown away when Carpenter was selected in the first. Definitely not the greatest sign. Then Moffitt, not much to say. Of course, anytime you score a Richard Sherman, you can't complain too much.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rjdriver":xjc1bayb said:
Crizilla":xjc1bayb said:

Trent needs to look up the word exponentially. His hyperbolic fawning over Kap was disgusting.

To be fair, not the finest draft and I thought we over drafted with the first two picks. I'll never forget Saban being blown away when Carpenter was selected in the first. Definitely not the greatest sign. Then Moffitt, not much to say. Of course, anytime you score a Richard Sherman, you can't complain too much.
And KJ Wright and Ricardo Lockette as a FA.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Crizilla":2wbmbcq5 said:

Its funny watching these videos looking back. They highlight the reason I dont research the draft anymore.

Dilfer wanted us to take Dalton, who obviously is a better player than Carpenter, but if we took him, we'd be stuck in average QB purgatory right now, we waited and got a better player the next year.

Mcshay names off a bunch of guys who were consensus better players than who we got like Gabe Carimi instead of Carp...Carimi busted, Carp is a solid starter. Or the guys we should have taken over Durham...Durham sucked, but so did all those other guys.

I just love it when peo0le go off on teams because they dont have the same players rated as highly as everyone else.

A

Anonymous

I've always thought Dilfer carries himself with a tad too much entitlement.

His mannerisms, facial expressions and his comments all sound like they are coming from a god of football. When in reality, he will never have his number retired, get a HOF nod, or even close to that. A few photos as a game-managing Raven that got lucky enough to hold up a single trophy is how he should act.

(*takes Dilfer replica jersey from closet... strolls toward pile of puppy poop on shop floor...*)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Translation: Hasselbeck came to his rescue?

Just sayin'...

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1f6kmb03 said:
At least it's good to hear that he will be teaming with Hass. :biggthumpup:

After years of watching an ex Ram and an ex Ram/Cardinal on NFL network it will be great to see the Seahawks so well represented on ESPN. Even if Dilfer is more red than blue at heart...