trent dilfer

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Any pundit claiming a team is full of holes because they performed badly against a unique situation in a single game after established success throughout the year is a knee-jerking drama seeking hater. :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1qa8toym said:
seahawk2k":1qa8toym said:
I don't know why we pay attention to what he says. He's an obnoxious blowhard. Did you watch his Elite 11 camp show? What a tool. Who cares what a company man at ESPN thinks about the Seahawks?

Probably because as an ex hawk, its a little strange.

You'd think he would err on the side of complimentary. The fact that he goes out of his way to bash us is weird. Its one thing for a Skip Bayless east coast guy to bash, but why Trent?
It's probably because he couldn't even BUY a fan following in Seattle, that pisses him off about the Seahawks.
Just think about how the fans reacted when Hasselbeck came back from his funk, and took control of his team?
Dilfer never could quite seem to retake the #1 spot back again, and he never could get over being dumped to the Browns to finish his stint in the NFL, because the fire went out, and he knew that he'd never be able to reignite the flame there in Cleveland.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2az2lsj8 said:
Missing_Clink":2az2lsj8 said:
If they continue to play like they played against STL they will lose to good teams

A better way of saying this: If the Seahawks play a good team on the road, and Harvin, Okung and Bruno are out again, we may lose.
Why is it that the lowly Rams are considered a shitty team, when they gave enough on Defense to beat Seattle, and split one with the vaunted 49rs last Season, and played the Seahawks with a powerhouse Defense on Monday night, and nearly came away with a win.
What's that old phrase?, "So So Teams Win Games, but Great Defenses Win Championships".
The Seahawks have faced damned good Defenses in several games this Season, and although the Rams might have a half shoddy Offense, their Defense (if they keep playing the way they did on Monday night) is always going to give us trouble.
It just came down to a couple of turnovers that our Defense created, at opportune times, and held the Rams out of the End Zone, that helped us to come away with that win.
Now it's true that we might again struggle when we're playing "Good Team", but I think the Rams are being dismissed as a shitty team, and that's just disrespecting bullshit.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
pcbball12":so84b0df said:
davidonmi":so84b0df said:
skip to 1:45 when he starts talking about them.
2:25 chancellor will be exposed
"lack dimensions on offense"
"seahawks have plateaued"
The plateaued comment is just plain stupid. Ya, the Hawks have plateaued without their Pro Bowl LT, starting RT, and one of the most dynamic players in the league in Percy......ok. When we did have Breno and Okung we were minus Irvin and Clem on D. This team is so far away from having plateaued it is not even funny and anyone that agrees with Dilfer is just not very smart.

He also said that the hawks line is pedestrian when healthy. He is a clown.

God, I hope he is right. I would like to plateau every year to 7-1

:th2thumbs:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
* dil•fer (n): a dismissible has-been who never was

Synonyms:
loafoftatupu":hg1rkza7 said:
a knee-jerking drama seeking hater
HawkFan72":hg1rkza7 said:
DavidSeven":hg1rkza7 said:
impassioned high-horsing
pcbball12":hg1rkza7 said:
just plain stupid... a clown
Aros":hg1rkza7 said:
Sucks to be you
OrFan":hg1rkza7 said:
has never been any good at anything
seahawk2k":hg1rkza7 said:
an obnoxious blowhard... a tool
HawkAroundTheClock":hg1rkza7 said:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Urban Dictionary has this to say about him.

1. Trent Dilfer

Someone he calls himself a "Super Bowl Champion" even though he was the biggest detriment to his team. Tim Tebow could out throw him. He also spent all of his money buying his own Super Bowl ring because the organization said he didn't deserve one so he now spends 20 hours a day on ESPN. The best part about Trent is that he actually believes he was a good quarterback and has knowledge of the game.

"Hey what's on ESPN?" "Oh nothing just Trent Dilfer talking about what it takes to be a QB even though he has no idea."

Terribly written...

...but honest.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pcbball12":2bpghg13 said:
davidonmi":2bpghg13 said:
skip to 1:45 when he starts talking about them.
2:25 chancellor will be exposed
"lack dimensions on offense"
"seahawks have plateaued"
The plateaued comment is just plain stupid. Ya, the Hawks have plateaued without their Pro Bowl LT, starting RT, and one of the most dynamic players in the league in Percy......ok. When we did have Breno and Okung we were minus Irvin and Clem on D. This team is so far away from having plateaued it is not even funny and anyone that agrees with Dilfer is just not very smart.

He also said that the hawks line is pedestrian when healthy. He is a clown.

Actually, that's not far off from the truth. I honestly don't see what the coaching staff sees in Sweezy. Yes, he's athletic and gets to the 2nd level nicely, but he gets owned at the los too much that I've seen, and the penalties are part of that fact of him getting overmatched physically. Carpenter has been average this year and Giaccommini is an average RT...average at pass pro and good in run blocking.

We only really have two bright spots on the OL, and one of them is hurt. Unger is also having a down year. Against good DL's, we get owned. When Carolina, SF, STL and HOU all own your line badly, it's a trend it's not coincidence. I don't have a problem with him saying it.

Seeker

Reaction score
Can we get a dilfer sucks chant on Monday night football?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I hate Dilfer as an analyst, he is the worst in the business and this goes back from a few years ago feeling.

That being said I agreed with most of what he said, I never fully bought into the Seahawks super bowl theory and I also don't think the Seahawks are great yet I just think they are really good.

The one thing I don't agree with that he said was that the Seahawks have "plateau'd" uh no they haven't the Seahawks really aren't even close to how good they can be regarding offense and special teams.

Seahawks at the top of their game in all three phases of the game will win the super bowl with ease, imo, this goes back to watching how they played last year and I think if we can figure it out in this second half well... yea.

Dilfer is obnoxious, and his voice and his personality... ugh.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think he is correct. We have plateaued...but there is always a higher plateau. We have dropped a bit here and there but there, as I stated, is a higher plateau. When we get a few more of our weapons back, we should change the plateau to a higher standard. I would still like to see a 2 TE set and that may change the offensive line a tiny bit. Possible scare on the defenses??? Great days ahead for us in the future.

BamKam

Reaction score
Christ guys, God forbid someone have anything critical to say about this team and give their opinion.

kf3339

Reaction score
Unlike some on this board I don't have the absolute hate about Dilfer, or his comments. Perhaps it's because I'm also a Fresno State Alumnus and remember him fondly when he was our QB. Perhaps it's because I followed his NFL career even though I am a diehard Hawk fan and wished him well. Perhaps it's because I thought he got a raw deal when he helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl and they just dumped him in such a classless move on their part. Perhaps it's because I felt for him when he and his family lost their boy when he was just 5 years old. Perhaps it's because I wished his time with the Hawks would have been more rewarding to him and us Hawk fans.

So I guess there are many reasons I won't just jump on the man for doing his job, which is to provide his opinion. You may not like it, but that is just the way all commentators are these days.

But what I will say is that last Monday night I witnessed with all of you the most pathetic display of offensive football I have seen in a very long time from a Hawks team. In fact, it was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen from any NFL team in the last few years. So I am not going to fault him for saying many things I thought myself after that game.

If PC and Bevell/Cable want to change their opinions get off of their asses and do their damn job. They were unprepared for the Rams game plan and made no effort to correct during the game to any degree. That is on them, not Dilfer, Young or anyone else.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kf3339":3dy3lsd2 said:
Perhaps it's because I felt for him when he and his family lost their boy when he was just 5 years old. Perhaps it's because I wished his time with the Hawks would have been more rewarding to him and us Hawk fans.

His time with the Hawks was more than rewarding for him. He got paid an assload for being a below average QB. I like Dilfer as an analyst. Seldom do I disagree with his perception. As a QB, he sucked, but was a great QB coach. Not many realize that when Favre had a hiccup in his game, he'd call Dilfer to coach him up. I mention this because the fact he wasn't real good, doesn't mean he doesn't know the game.

BUT...for some reason, I've noticed Dilfer being more and more down on the Hawks as of late. When we were not very good, he always had something good to say about us. Now, he seems almost angry. That makes me a bit angry because if not for the tragic death of his son, we would have axed his ass. When he went into an understandable depression and had to leave the team, it was our QB, Hass, that held his hand and got his head back on right.

He owes this team a bit of gratitude and when they have to do the good cop bad cop thing, Dilfer should take the good cop side where this team is concerned. Otherwise, he just looks like a huge Douchebag to the people that rallied around him and his family. OTOH, who cares?