Turbin as kick returner

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Much rather see him do it than Kearse until Percy's back, dumb decision to take it deep out of the endzone but he actually looked good returning it!

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Turbin is going to be KR because Kearse is too valuable to the team right now. We do not have enough WR's. Turbin looked alright. It's so easy to tackle him by going low and attacking his legs or ankles to be specific.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I thought Turbin looked slow and I was hoping he would just take a knee every time he got the ball.

Was not impressed with his return skills at all.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Is it bad that outside of having guns that would make Ed Hochuli cry, I just have never found Turbo's play as a RB (and now returner) that impressive.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I really wish they would keep Michael active and use him as the KR until Percy is back. He is a homerun hitting threat every time he touches the ball. Would add that explosive element to the return game while Percy is out. Turbin is just meh returning kicks.

kearly

Reaction score
Turbin at KR never made sense to me. The 220 pounds he wears does him no good in that role, and the best KRs always play like the other team is made up of hug-happy suicide bombers. Instead of running for his life like he should, he opts to embrace swift oblivion instead. Which isn't all that different from his normal running style. Not sure how they ever thought Turbin would work back there.

At least he doesn't fumble. Honestly, I think that's 90% of the reason he's on kick duty instead of Lane or Kearse.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
As long as he learns to take a knee when in the back of the end zone, to much free yardage given up when you only get to the 12-15 yard line when you run it out.

Drives me nuts.

GO HAWKS!!!

TwilightError

Reaction score
A kick returner should be able to break tackles. Turbin has his advantages but that is not one of them.

Starrman44

Reaction score
TwilightError":2hw8m8q6 said:
A kick returner should be able to break tackles. Turbin has his advantages but that is not one of them.

He lowers his head, but it just seems like he doesn't keep his feet wide enough (and churning) to stay balanced.

He's gotta be the easiest guy to tackle so long as you tap his foot. If you go high you get trucked. He's completely different than I thought he would be coming in. I must say, I usually feel a little bummed out when he is in there on 3rd and short.

He seems to do well blocking though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Turbin is a liability. Solid RB but has no business returning KOs. If I'm the opponent, I'm not kicking it out of the endzone if I see Turbin back. Kick it high and let him bring it out.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":38zal32a said:
He was not very good. Terrible vision. IMO. Love him though.

My nephew said to me, "Turb looks like he runs with his eyes closed."

OP
OP
thebanjodude

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Hmm maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention, seemed like an improvement over Kearse to me though

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I like Chop as KR if Percy isn't available. Turbo's fine, he's not gonna muff it or anything, but he's not likely to break one. Chop might. He has. He can. He's also fumbled, but I hope that's an anomaly.

Latest posts