Turbin as kick returner

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I have been extremely unimpressed with Turbin almost every time he has touched the ball this year. Especially on kickoffs. How could you possibly think he looked anywhere near good returning kicks? I mean, he didn't fumble, but I don't think he ever got past the 15, even when he returned from the 1.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I have felt this way for quite some time about turbin. He has a lot of potential, but goes down with the first hit whether running the ball or on KR. But he doesn't turn the ball over and just maybe he can break one sometime

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Turbin has good hands and decent straight ahead speed. He is not elusive at the least however and goes down way too easy.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I am so torn on Turbin. I don't know how I should feel about it. He is only in his second year so its hard to be so critical of the guy. He was brought in to back up Lynch, which he does an OK job at. He is a good blocker and a good receiver. He is not a kick returner by any stretch of the imagination. He has not developed into a true starting running back yet. Whether that's a vision thing, or a footwork thing. He just doesn't have the ability to find daylight or to shed tackles. He is a physical specimen, and a truly likable guy, I just want to see more progression from him.

Still perplexed by keeping Michael on the sidelines during a blowout though. Would love to get that guy some more playing time. If for no other reason than to add credence to the next man up mantra. If Lynch goes down we have a pretty significant drop-off at this position and that eventually needs to be addressed. I am missing Leon right now.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1f003669 said:
Still perplexed by keeping Michael on the sidelines during a blowout though. Would love to get that guy some more playing time. If for no other reason than to add credence to the next man up mantra. If Lynch goes down we have a pretty significant drop-off at this position and that eventually needs to be addressed. I am missing Leon right now.
Michael was inactive for last night's game. I do wish they'd give him a shot at returning kickoffs, though, until Percy's better.

SirTed

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2dee5t3l said:
He was not very good. Terrible vision. IMO. Love him though.

I really like him too, or I want to anyway but I think this plagues him in the run game as well. Zero patience, and no ability to see the cutback.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I don't see a future for turbin on this team. just not good enough.