Twelve potential first-round targets for Seattle

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":1epdxie3 said:
CPHawk":1epdxie3 said:
5 tackles,

8 tackles, 0.5 sack and 2.5 TFL...it's perfectly reasonable to disagree on potential, but when you get basic facts incorrect it lessens your argument.

5 solo tackles 3 he jumped on he pile late that's what I counted. If they want to give him credit for that whatever. It's shoulnt be a full tackle, similar to the half sack. Just like it drives me nuts that they give UO LB Derrick Malone so many extra tackles, the guy wiffs then continues to follow the play, and gets in on the tackle 10 yards down field.

kearly

Reaction score
On topic,

It feels like there are a lot of media hype jobs for decent but not great players this year. I'm having a hard time finding more than about 10 players worth being geeked over. There are plenty of nice players who'd be nice in rounds 2, 3, or 4.

Lets take a player, call him "player X" to avoid a thread hijack. Some FO's might have him down for a first rounder. Others might see him as a 4th rounder. Others will be inbetween. I have a hunch we will see more of this kind of thing than usual this year due to a lack of consensus.

I'm not really interested in labeling where players will go this year, I think it could be a crazy draft.

kearly

Reaction score
CPHawk":3mogexq0 said:
drrew":3mogexq0 said:
CPHawk":3mogexq0 said:
5 tackles,

8 tackles, 0.5 sack and 2.5 TFL...it's perfectly reasonable to disagree on potential, but when you get basic facts incorrect it lessens your argument.

5 solo tackles 3 he jumped on he pile late that's what I counted.

CPHawk is the Marvin49 of Ducks fans.

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2ns9wr4s said:
I think Strong is just really 'meh'. Doesn't play big. Not particularly athletic. At no point in two years has he really stood out to me. Tony Pauline's sources reckon mid-rounder and I tend to agree. I just don't see a special player at all.

Everyone else (CBS, NFLDraftscout, etc) have him in the 1st round.

I like him a bit. He's not Brandon Marshall but he could easily be Marquess Colston. He has some redline ability that Seattle needs. This draft doesn't have a big #1 WR like Mike Evans last year. It just doesn't. Strong is easily the best "go up and get the ball" WR in this draft that is mostly full of NFL #2 guys. He will go 30-50 range I'm guessing, but he would go a lot higher if he was a little faster.

Not exactly excited for the player, but he seems like the most obvious fit for Seattle out of this group.

I want to like Kevin White but I'm not convinced that he's toolsy enough to exploit pros the way he can exploit college DBs.

In past drafts JS has completely avoided the WR position if he didn't like the draft class for that position. It's possible he might try a different route to address WR. That would certainly shine some light on the Vincent Jackson rumor. With the exception of Harvin and Rice, JS has mostly bargain shopped at WR.

randomation

Reaction score
McGruff":38g4wy6e said:
Hasselbeck":38g4wy6e said:
McGruff":38g4wy6e said:
Gordon is my crush. He's the guy I want more than anyone. Give me Gordon, JS, please!

Please no. If we don't get Gurley, then wait until the mid-rounds to find a guy you like. Last thing I want is a Wisconsin RB in the first round.

It lazy scouting to simply evaluate a player based on school history. Can it be a factor? Sure. Is it a reason to eliminate a player from consideration? Surely not.

Our oline and qb both blew beyond belief this year without MG3 we maybe win 6 to 7 games. To not take someone who has a chance to beat Barry Sander's yardage record on far fewer carries simply due to school history is indeed lazy scouting.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I think Terry Williams might be a better prospect than Danny Shelton.

[youtube]pjmQq7KepA4[/youtube]

McGruff

Reaction score
SDHawk":1frdds0f said:

Impressive game. I'll have to look more closely at him.

The thing I like in there, other than his obvious strength at the POA, is his relentlessness in pursuit. He doesn't have Sheldon Richardson's athletic ability (Richardson moves like a linebacker), but he doesn't quit on plays like a lot of NT's once the ball carrier bounces outside.

McGruff

Reaction score
Also, #56 on that video stood out to me as well. Anyone up on his name and draft stock/status?

McGruff

Reaction score
SDHawk":1b8ywwjg said:

Williams has a lot of disciplinary problem. Suspended by the team in 2013 and suspended from their bowl game in 2014. Don't know why, but doesn't bode well . . .

SDHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3rt5mhv9 said:
SDHawk":3rt5mhv9 said:

Williams has a lot of disciplinary problem. Suspended by the team in 2013 and suspended from their bowl game in 2014. Don't know why, but doesn't bode well . . .

Thanks.

In light of your post, character could certainly be a concern. Danny Shelton also comes with some baggage. My point was that I would probably take Terry Williams over Shelton. Based on the tape above, he looks like a 2nd day pick but can probably be had in the 4th, where Justin Ellis went in the last draft.

drrew

Reaction score
SDHawk":12e2lvwe said:
drrew":12e2lvwe said:
SDHawk":12e2lvwe said:
Danny Shelton also comes with some baggage.

Please explain.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132 ... ny-shelton

"Scouts are concerned with Shelton's personality and work ethic," noted NFL.com. "More than one scout has said the previous coaching staff at Washington had issues with Shelton's surliness and selfishness.

Anonymous whispers about draft prospects don't quite rise to the level of a player being suspended twice.

I don't love Shelton as much as some others, but attaching character concerns to him is a massive stretch.

SDHawk

Reaction score
drrew":3r9qs1i7 said:
SDHawk":3r9qs1i7 said:
drrew":3r9qs1i7 said:
SDHawk":3r9qs1i7 said:
Danny Shelton also comes with some baggage.

Please explain.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132 ... ny-shelton

"Scouts are concerned with Shelton's personality and work ethic," noted NFL.com. "More than one scout has said the previous coaching staff at Washington had issues with Shelton's surliness and selfishness.

Anonymous whispers about draft prospects don't quite rise to the level of a player being suspended twice.

I don't love Shelton as much as some others, but attaching character concerns to him is a massive stretch.

Take it for what you will. Simply pointing out that both *could* use a bit of managing. I don't know the circumstances behind either player's perceived issues and I don't really care to speculate... what I know is that Terry looks better to me on tape and is likely to be available at a relative value. That is all.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't know that I would say that Williams is better than Shelton, but on the one film, he looks like a better fit for Seattle. He's more of a quick twitch penetrator, which at his size is pretty impressive.

I just got done reviewing Shelton against Hawaii, and he's pretty slow off the snap, and at least in that game was not as stout as his lower body strength would suggest. But he was tenacious and fights well with his hands.

The guy who really stood out, however, was Kikaha . . . not so much for big plays, but for his discipline against a read option team. He's a really smart, sound end and he has good lean as a pass rusher.

kearly

Reaction score
If Kikaha stays healthy and his game translates in the NFL, he'll be the steal of the 2015 draft. Kinda sucks to think that his best fit in the NFL might be Arizona or Pittsburgh...

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
kearly":vrht1cjp said:
If Kikaha stays healthy and his game translates in the NFL, he'll be the steal of the 2015 draft. Kinda sucks to think that his best fit in the NFL might be Arizona or Pittsburgh...

What are the specific aspects you really like about his game Kip?

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think Maxx Williams is an option as well. He's a guy who can play every down, and create matchups down the seem with LBs and in the red zone. I almost think an Elite TE would fair better in our power offense than an elite WR.

Latest posts