Two more years of mediocrity for the Rams

Ramfan128

Reaction score
When I first heard this yesterday I felt sick to my stomach, but as Alice pointed out, it doesn't actually mean he will be the coach next year.

With the Falcons, Seahawks and Cardinals left, 5-11 seems likely. Just no way he can return after that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25229pbg said:
I wonder if maybe Kroenke wants to just open the new stadium with a bang and doesn't give a crap about what happens until then?

That doesn't make sense though, cause keeping a lame duck coach for another year or two means you're pushing that success timeline back even more going into the new stadium in 2019.

Kroenke's in LA now, any top coaching candidate would put LA at the top of his list for places he'd want to go. High profile, huge city, new stadium coming and very good D already in place?

I seriously have no idea wtf Kroenke's thinking with hanging onto a loser like Fisher. Dude's the all time worst coach with developing players, especially with how many 1st and 2nd rounders on that roster.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RedAlice":khceksz3 said:
rjdriver":khceksz3 said:
A popular sports website is reporting:

"The extension does not seem to guarantee much for Fisher, beyond compensation. It's viewed more as a token of appreciation from owner Stan Kroenke, who didn't want Snead or Fisher to finish the season with lame-duck status. But the Rams would not be opposed to going in another direction at head coach -- or general manager -- if the Rams do not show that they are well-equipped to be consistent winners moving forward."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1819 ... rams-coach

Maybe there is hope for Alice.

Yes.

According to Fisher today, the contract was signed before the season even started. So, this doesn't actually change anything other than that now the public knows he has signed his two year extension.

According to VinnyB (LA Sports writer) on twitter - it's a two year contract with a one year buy-out option. Effectually, Fisher can be fired after this season and will still get his salary for next year, which Kroenke may see as a thank you for moving the team.

It's also worth noting that Fisher had this leaked to the media today (after his Dickerson PR mess), and that it was not an announcement by the Rams or Kroenke.

I'm sure Kroenke wishes that Fisher had just turned out to be a good coach so he wouldn't have to deal with any of this. But, I can hardly believe he thinks this mess is going well enough to leave it alone until 2019. He wants to start selling his PSLs very soon.

Stadium will be complete for the 2019 season. I think they can start selling PSLs after the issue with the Chargers/Raiders as a tenant is worked out.

What are PSLs Alice? Season tickets? Or Suites?

RedAlice

Reaction score
PSL = Personal Seat License

It means you own the "right" to purchase your seat, and does not include the actual cost of the annual season ticket. PSLs per seat are rumored to go from $10k - $100k+ for the new Rams stadium.

You own it, like a mortgage and can sell it and get loans to purchase it. Most of the new stadiums have used this method to pay for portions of the stadium costs.

In SF, after the team started doing so badly, people were trying to sell their PSLs and I think many went for under the original cost.

We don't have this at the coliseum right now, but they will be required for the new stadium.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RedAlice":268fqzgy said:
Effectually, Fisher can be fired after this season and will still get his salary for next year, which Kroenke may see as a thank you for moving the team..

Thanks for 10 losing seasons and doing less with more 1st and 2nd round talent than any coach in NFL history! What a hero!

Dumb. Should have been fired last year..............go into your move with new excitement over a big name coach, of which Kroenke would have had no problem hiring being in LA now.

Now Rams fans are all bummed out and even LESS likely to renew their season tix and be excited for the next 1-2 year of the same nonsense.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
An additional point about PSLs. To maintain their ownership of the license, holders are obligated to purchase season tickets every year for every license they hold.

Each year, holders have the option of either selling the license or buying season tickets. If they fail to do either, the license reverts to the team, and the holder loses his investment.

Largent80

Reaction score
And who is to say that the players are going to want to stick around or even if they stay healthy. 2 years in the nfl can be a lifetime.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Another thread with people indulging their Bevell obsession, two days after the Seahawks score 40 points against the Panthers.

RIP Seahawks.net

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Does it have a drop-down option for "Bevell criticism in a non-Bevell Thread?" Cause that would be hilarious

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2qyssv8p said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2qyssv8p said:
Another thread with people indulging their Bevell obsession, two days after the Seahawks score 40 points against the Panthers.

RIP Seahawks.net

Instead of repeatedly whining about it, report it as off topic and move on. The mods are quite good at taking care of stuff like this (unbiasedly IMO) if you point it out to them, via the report button. In fact the recently updated their report page, the drop down box of reasons for reporting the post now has an expanded set of options. It is much more useful and descriptive. Big thumbs up to the mods for that one.

We'd have to report a thread virtually every day.

Unfortunately, you might not like the "whining" -- but calling it out and highlighting how it's ruining the forum (it is) is probably the most effective to initiate change.

Mods quietly having to churn through the countless threads won't send a message to the wider forum. There's an epidemic in this place and it's driving people way. Calling it out, sadly, is probably the answer.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
How in the world does this guy stay employed by the Rams? How in the hell did Snead get an extension too?!

What a joke of a franchise. Hope LA enjoys this terribly ran organization. And to think another one is about to join the Rams in that stadium :lol:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Unless the Rams go on some bizarre winning streak with these last 4 games, I fully expect Fisher to be fired at the end of the season.

The Rams still have yet to make an announcement about this extension (one year salary guarantee) that was signed in the pre-season before the reality of the season unfolded.

I also think it may be likely that there is a whole shake-up, including Demoff.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3n8gdww1 said:
Then report a thread a day. Not sure how you can say it isn't the answer, without trying it.

Or let me put it this way...what you are currently doing, isn't working, and only makes the boards worse.

It can't get any worse dude. It's an epidemic like I said. How many great posters don't bother on here any more? Mods quietly and politely giving people a nudge via DM isn't going to solve the problem. The only way to get rid of it is to say enough is enough.

You might not agree, but every time I see an off-topic Bevell remark I'm going to call it out. And there's only one thing going to stop it.

RedAlice":3n8gdww1 said:
Unless the Rams go on some bizarre winning streak with these last 4 games, I fully expect Fisher to be fired at the end of the season.

I suspect you're right. Even by Fisher's standards this season has been a joke show. A massive let down.

The people of LA aren't going to buy this product. The franchise needs fresh energy and a reason to believe. Fisher offers nothing but mediocrity. They have to see that.