Tyler Linderbaum

Wizofwest

Reaction score
Who else would like to make the super unsexy pick and draft a Center at 9 that could be someone to lock that spot down for the next 10+ years. That’s my first pick all day. If not that just please don’t trade the pick as part of a package to trade for a QB that wants 30M+ per year. That is the dumbest thing we could do…

KinesProf

Reaction score
I'm hoping they use their first pick, be it at 9 or later, on a premium position such as pass rusher, offensive tackle or corner.

Walker, Johnson, Thibs, Karlaftis, Sauce or Stingley.

Humphrey, Kelce, Jensen, Tretter, Hudson ..... spending a high 1st on a center would be an irresponsible use of a valuable asset.

massari

Reaction score
KinesProf":20yixw0j said:
I'm hoping they use their first pick, be it at 9 or later, on a premium position such as pass rusher, offensive tackle or corner.
Amen

But I'm predicting PC falls in love with a Safety and can't help himself

KinesProf

Reaction score
massari":363azhdw said:
KinesProf":363azhdw said:
Amen

But I'm predicting PC falls in love with a Safety and can't help himself

Lol yep.

Though I could stomach Hamilton if that 40 dropped him to their pick. I really like Cine, Pete probably loves Cine; but I wouldn't be pleased with that until 40, under the guise of spending two offseasons accumulating the best possible players. so

That said, I think there's a handful of linebackers who can give you a lot of the physicality that the top safetys do at a smaller price tag. Draft Johnson and play him like Bruce, move Jordyn to the middle, draft someone to play weakside in that 50-100 pick range.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It'd be an awful overdraft, both player and position wise. Bad front office logic. Gettleman-esque.

Similar to drafting a fullback in the third these days.

Linderbaum's good, but he's got concerns in his athletic profile, namely his tiny t-rex arms. He isn't a sure thing. He's very good, but he better be the surest damn thing on the planet if you're gonna draft him 15+ spots early at a relatively lowly valued position.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He’s not worth the 9th pick, that pick needs to be spent on an edge rusher who is extraordinarily special, an OT, or a DLineman who can set a tone of physicality, or a CB that check all the boxes and can deliver a shutdown on his territory.

A good C makes the whole OLine better but on his own can’t takeover a game. There are a few other quite capable guys who can play C in this draft, that the team can grab in the 4th or 5th rounds. There is little doubt that that the team needs a refresh at C. Just really doubt this player will be easily drafted in the 1st except by a team with multiple picks in the 1st rd.That said he’s a good player.

In a draft where there is exceptional talent on the DLine, it’d be a shame not to get some of that cream at bot DE and especially at DT.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I suspect we trade out of the number 9 spot and pick later in the 1st round with an extra 2 nd round or 3rd round pick or we pick someone from a small school who we could have had in the second round.
I am expecting a head scratcher of a pick so the logical pick won’t happen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pick 9 doesn't come around often.

Wasting it on a position where most of the great ones aren't even drafted first round would be... somethin'. Especially as his profile absolutely crushes the chance he has of also working out as a high-upside guard.

We can say what we want about Seattle reaching, but they generally haven't reached for players at non-premium positions.

Latest posts