Tyler Lockett best comparison?

Tical21

Reaction score
It's hard. Not many guys really excelled at both returning and receiving. He glides out there too, so he doesn't really compare to Tate or Hester. I guess Tim Brown? Although Brown is thicker.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Lockett doesn't play exactly like him, but he is everything that Seattle wanted Percy Harvin to be.

Sac

Reaction score
HawkFan72":26qrat3s said:
Lockett doesn't play exactly like him, but he is everything that Seattle wanted Percy Harvin to be.

That's tue.

I'm gonna laugh when we run a jet sweep with him on our first possession Sunday.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's kind of offensive to compare Harvin's skill set to Lockett's polished route running and ball skills. Harvin was also afraid to return punts.

In addition to his skills as a WR and punt returner, Lockett's personality as a teammate and competitor seems to be the total antithesis of Harvin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3je5665f said:
HawkFan72":3je5665f said:

That's tue.

I'm gonna laugh when we run a jet sweep with him on our first possession Sunday.
Shush you. I do agree with the part about him being what the Seahawks wanted Percy to be and that he's nothing like him beyond some surface similarities.

jake206

Reaction score
Reminds me of ...a faster and smaller Optimus Prime.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":238dog1c said:
As a returner he reminds me of Leon Washington. As a receiver I think Brandin Cooks is a fair comparison.

It's like you reached into my head and stole the one thought I had there. :thirishdrinkers:

I also like the comparisons to Antonio Brown. I see the same suddenness in and out of breaks. They're also both very quick, although Brown is probably not as fast in a straight line.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My best comparison I thought of him was in a NFL Nation thread, I said Lockett was going to be special.

Special like a poorman's 2002/2003 Dante Hall meets a poorman's Antonio Brown.

And that every game Lockett only continues to get richer.

Fade

Reaction score
When he was drafted. I said Doug Baldwin with a tick more speed. While scoffing at the people who said Antonio Brown. I'm still not there yet on the Antonio Brown band wagon, but I'm no longer scoffing.

RANDALL COBB is who he can be in this offense.

Now that I have seen him in the preseason, I want him lining up everywhere. outside, in the slot, jet sweep, fly sweep, in the backfield. I would start him over Kearse as well.

He can be what Percy was supposed to be for the offense and more because of his savvy route running.