Tyler Lockett getting reps with the first team in the slot

HawkGA

Reaction score
Has there been a general practice report posted?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
“When we were first talking about him, it was all special teams,” Bevell said. “I wasn’t necessarily thinking of where he could fit in as a wide receiver. And he’s come in here, and he’s done a great job. He’s going to be a big factor at wide receiver as well.”

Lockett remains the odds-on favorite to win the team’s punt and kickoff return jobs, but Bevell said Lockett’s already shown enough to make it clear there’s a much bigger role ahead for him in 2015.

“He’s going to be able to play in the slot,” Bevell said. “He makes big plays. He’s got great quickness, he’s got great speed, he’s can make people miss. It’s something that quickly — after watching him the first day — it’s like, ‘Oh yeah. This guy’s not just a kick returner. He’s going to be able to play wideout.'”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015 ... 34705101=0

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Boyer at Mike is interesting. We all know he's not getting the long snapper job.

I assume the second CB is just off the edge of the screen and not missing altogether... :lol:

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1w2yhjbi said:
“When we were first talking about him, it was all special teams,” Bevell said. “I wasn’t necessarily thinking of where he could fit in as a wide receiver. And he’s come in here, and he’s done a great job. He’s going to be a big factor at wide receiver as well.”

Lockett remains the odds-on favorite to win the team’s punt and kickoff return jobs, but Bevell said Lockett’s already shown enough to make it clear there’s a much bigger role ahead for him in 2015.

“He’s going to be able to play in the slot,” Bevell said. “He makes big plays. He’s got great quickness, he’s got great speed, he’s can make people miss. It’s something that quickly — after watching him the first day — it’s like, ‘Oh yeah. This guy’s not just a kick returner. He’s going to be able to play wideout.'”

They traded up for a WIDE RECEIVER in the draft and Bevell wasn't thinking he could play WR. No wonder we have to watch balls bounce off Kearse so often. Matthews was only in the Super Bowl because Pete put him in, if up to Bevell, we would never had even seen Matthews. What the hell is wrong with Bevell?

BigMeach

Reaction score
rideaducati":3o4faj8k said:
hawknation2015":3o4faj8k said:

They traded up for a WIDE RECEIVER in the draft and Bevell wasn't thinking he could play WR. No wonder we have to watch balls bounce off Kearse so often. Matthews was only in the Super Bowl because Pete put him in, if up to Bevell, we would never had even seen Matthews. What the hell is wrong with Bevell?

It's very typical for rooks to start out playing special teams. It's also typical players come into camp and are too far behind to have any shot at playing their position from college right away. I believe all he was saying is that the kid is obviously ready to jump right in at slot receiver when he thought it would be a while before he could play in an actual NFL game at WR versus just doing returns.

I think its pretty obvious you are not a fan of Bevell but the guy has been with us now for 2 Superbowls, 1 Superbowl win, cut him some slack. Tons of other teams would love to have that problem.

chris98251

Reaction score
BigMeach":2qytm9e5 said:
rideaducati":2qytm9e5 said:
hawknation2015":2qytm9e5 said:

It's very typical for rooks to start out playing special teams. It's also typical players come into camp and are too far behind to have any shot at playing their position from college right away. I believe all he was saying is that the kid is obviously ready to jump right in at slot receiver when he thought it would be a while before he could play in an actual NFL game at WR versus just doing returns.

I think its pretty obvious you are not a fan of Bevell but the guy has been with us now for 2 Superbowls, 1 Superbowl win, cut him some slack. Tons of other teams would love to have that problem.

Tons may, but Vikings already did and that's why he is here.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Methinks Norwood is in much serious making this roster than I thought. I hear about every WR making great plays in practice except him. The 4th round is NOT the Seahawks sweet spot for drafting WRs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":v68rw8zl said:
I'm all-in to see what Lockett can do, but if Mathews doesn't get a shot to see if he can replicate his playoffs success, I'll be a little disappointed.

I agree with this. He's a big target with what looks to be decent hands. Pair him up with Graham in the red zone.....yikes.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Are people really thinking Mathews is better than Lockett? Seattle traded 4 picks for a reason.

SeaChase

Reaction score
austinslater25":1olytywt said:
Are people really thinking Mathews is better than Lockett? Seattle traded 4 picks for a reason.

Did Lockett catch 4 passes in the SB?

Ozzy

Reaction score
SeaChase":368czqxs said:
austinslater25":368czqxs said:

So if you had a choice who are you keeping?

Ozzy

Reaction score
If Seattle thought mathews was the guy they wouldn't of used half their draft capitol on lockett. I'm guessing Pete and JS did that for a reason.

BigMeach

Reaction score
BigMeach":93pql480 said:
rideaducati":93pql480 said:
hawknation2015":93pql480 said:

Tons may, but Vikings already did and that's why he is here.[/quote]

The NFL is a coaching carousel, doesn't really validate either way.

SeaChase

Reaction score
austinslater25":2qrwj0z9 said:
If Seattle thought mathews was the guy they wouldn't of used half their draft capitol on lockett. I'm guessing Pete and JS did that for a reason.

They did it to get a legit receiving threat. I'm just saying that at least we have an idea of what Mathews can do. Regardless of how many spots you moved or round you're taken in, Rookies are an unknown. The way they will be used will also be completely different. Variety is always good.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lots of guys have a great game or a half in Mathews case. I'm super excited about what he can do I just think it's more likely lockett is Wilson's running mate for years to come.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
rideaducati":1uq8huuy said:
hawknation2015":1uq8huuy said:

Yeah, you're taking his quote way out of context

Ozzy

Reaction score
keatonisballin":2y4yohhq said:
Glad to see Lockett in the starter slot but I'd rather see Matthews than Kearse.
Me too

rideaducati

Reaction score
austinslater25":1nl6tcv7 said:
SeaChase":1nl6tcv7 said:
austinslater25":1nl6tcv7 said:

So if you had a choice who are you keeping?

If the choice was mine, I'd keep both and get rid of Kearse.