Tyler Lockett in Jet Sweeps

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1eiqos3l said:
DavidCruz24":1eiqos3l said:
Do you guys think Bevell will use Lockette in a similar role to how the used Harvin. Jet Sweeps and all the other gadget plays? He has the speed and more importantly he is elusive enough to do it. I'd love to see it. It would also make our offense more dynamic and add another role to a players that at first might not get many snaps on offense because hell be behind Kearse and Baldwin.

He didn't use Ricardo that way last year, not sure why he would this year.

Pretty sure we ran a jet sweep with Ricardo against the Packers. FWIW. Could be wrong.

Rocket

Reaction score
Seafan":1b1qakob said:
The Hawks could have a Rockett Sweep and a Rockette Sweep. Too bad they cut McCoy he could have really contributed to that Rockette Sweep.
Would that then be called a Double Double Rockett(e) Jet Sweep?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidCruz24":1i9a526u said:
Do you guys think Bevell will use Lockette in a similar role to how the used Harvin. Jet Sweeps and all the other gadget plays? He has the speed and more importantly he is elusive enough to do it. I'd love to see it. It would also make our offense more dynamic and add another role to a players that at first might not get many snaps on offense because hell be behind Kearse and Baldwin.

Nah, Bevell has already proven that Lockette is our go to guy from the 1 yard line

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2hh8obkz said:
They should replace turnover Thursday with jet sweep Thursday in which every offensive player and 3 random players are forced to run 12 jet sweeps each.

Always compete

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No.

Harvin was unique in that not only was he fast and shifty, but he was also incredibly strong. Lockett is fast, but he doesn't exhibit anything close to Harvin's ability to run through contact and break tackles. Lockett is an exciting talent, but one thing he's not very good at (both on college tape and here in Seattle) is that he goes down really quite easily to contact. Harvin could run by you or through arm tackles. Lockett doesn't show that ability.

Not the kind of fast player you'd want on jet sweeps. Lockett is not suited athletically for that. He is however sublimely suited to play an effective WR.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that our OC will find a way to get Tyler into the end zone.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":8yral7ig said:
We could call it the Rocket Sweep? Just wait until P-Rich is back. He and Lockett together on the field will be very fun to watch!

You mean in 2016? Just don't see him back this year unless WR corp has a bunch of injuries.

jonkchar

Reaction score
You have to remember that Darrel Bevell was going out of his way to try to fit Percy into the offense and it didn't quite pan out - remember that Russell's passing took a hit because he was trying to force the ball to Percy who was never happy with how he was being used in the offense.
I can see them using some jet sweeps but it would probably have more of a purpose to the play rather than trying to fit any particular player in

Latest posts