Tyler Lockett on Rich Eisen

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like what the hell man, why did Rich Eisen have to bring up Russell Wilson's name to Lockett??
We need to talk about anything BUT Russell Wilson when his name keeps on cropping up in ALL conversations?, REALLY PATERA???..Soulfish?????
Thanks for thinking of me. Aaaaaahhhhh

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lockett is all and all a Seahawks all-time great! And possibly, an even better human being.

But….

If Denver offers Seattle, 2 first round picks for Lockett, right now, Seattle would be fools not to jump on that.

Lockett, is in his 30s, leaving his prime, and possible will retire soon as I would assume, he would like to leave the game in good health. And he just got married. And he seems to have his next career already in the bag with real estate.

Seattle should fleece Denver as many more times as it can by trading Lockett before Lockett calls it quits. And Lockett may possibly call it quits soon.

Better to move a player on an expiring contract and leaving his prime and get first round picks than keeping him for a few years and then him leaving anyways.

I’m probably going to get some angry replies on here. Lol.

themunn

Reaction score
Lockett is all and all a Seahawks all-time great! And possibly, an even better human being.

But….

If Denver offers Seattle, 2 first round picks for Lockett, right now, Seattle would be fools not to jump on that.

Lockett, is in his 30s, leaving his prime, and possible will retire soon as I would assume, he would like to leave the game in good health. And he just got married. And he seems to have his next career already in the bag with real estate.

Seattle should fleece Denver as many more times as it can by trading Lockett before Lockett calls it quits. And Lockett may possibly call it quits soon.

Better to move a player on an expiring contract and leaving his prime and get first round picks than keeping him for a few years and then him leaving anyways.

There were people on this site who would have traded DK Metcalf for ONE first round pick, let alone 2. 2 first round picks for Lockett would be absolute highway robbery and we would insane not to take it - for comparison the Eagles picked up AJ Brown last year for a 1st and a 3rd. He was only 25 then so there's no way I can see anything close to that being realistic.

One first round pick would be a huge get - I'm not sure you pull the trigger on that given his importance to the team, so you probably need to bundle in a player at a position of need to make it worthwhile, but even then still can't see anyone offering that

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sherman is my favorite on field Seahawk ever and I think the best player from that great team who is in some ways underrated. I think he was better and more valuable than Bobby, Thomas, Kam or anyone else. But his off field stuff, jealousy and pettiness drive me nuts. His Wilson stuff is clownish to me. He tried to bate lynch into talking trash about Wilson but lynch wouldn't bite and called Wilson a warrior and awesome football player.
We agree on #25, seriously underrated. I loved the swagger he played with. We were lucky to have him. He did get fairly petty regarding Russ and the thing I think about is we see the public part but we don't don't know what happened behind closed doors. I think where a lot of people take the high road, that's not Richard Sherman's deal. I don't hate wilson, he played QB for our only owl . He's not the same guy as he was and I think he's cooked. The irony . (Let Russ cook)

rjdriver

Reaction score
If Tyler had been old enough to play on the SB team, he would be mentioned alongside some of the all time Seahawks greats. He's one of those guys that you won't really truly appreciate until he is gone and you have time to reflect.

His early years were shadowed by an elite defense and a team full of strong personalities. His recent years have been shaded by the potential of a freak like athlete. I'm sure it doesn't help that most of us "ole timers" think of Largent the way Robin Williams thought of his wife in Good Will Hunting, never allowing us to fully appreciate without comparing. Bottom line though, Tyler has been the calm all the way though.

This franchise has had more than a few underrated receivers in it's history, but the absolute holy trinity that stands out are -

1. Ingram
2. Baldwin (at least nationally)
3. Lockett

morgulon1

Reaction score

But….

I don't see that happening but it's an interesting conversation. I've always contented that the best ran organizations are able to make personell moves before they become evident to us the fans . New England, Pittsburgh always seemed to be a year ahead .

My question to this hypothetical is ..does Seattle have the depth for Lockett to leave?
His production, leadership and consistency?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don't see that happening but it's an interesting conversation. I've always contented that the best ran organizations are able to make personell moves before they become evident to us the fans . New England, Pittsburgh always seemed to be a year ahead .

My question to this hypothetical is ..does Seattle have the depth for Lockett to leave?
His production, leadership and consistency?
They drafted JSN this year to play 3 WRs with Lock, DK, and JSN, but next year if they add another top pick for WR (second round) they might be able to move on from Lockett.

I don’t think they will move on from Lockett but it’s just an interesting take to think about.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Lockett still have Russell Wilson's back, exchanging calls few times a week, giving support.

For old times sake, may be we can entertain Lockett + 4rd round for Jeudy plus picks and Josey Jewell?? Wilson needs Lockett in the worst ways, only Lockett can rescue his career, on that note, we can ask Broncos to add another player.
The Bromance between our WR room and our EX QB is just, well, stupendous.

ME3 is gone. Who the f*** cares at this point besides 14 and 16? Our WR group should be texting THEMSELVES about YAC and effort after the catch in general. Not ex idiots who can just - be in Denver. Hearing WAY too much press about the dude that isn't here anymore lately.

JSN... anyone....

Mix

Reaction score
If Tyler had been old enough to play on the SB team, he would be mentioned alongside some of the all time Seahawks greats. He's one of those guys that you won't really truly appreciate until he is gone and you have time to reflect.

His early years were shadowed by an elite defense and a team full of strong personalities. His recent years have been shaded by the potential of a freak like athlete. I'm sure it doesn't help that most of us "ole timers" think of Largent the way Robin Williams thought of his wife in Good Will Hunting, never allowing us to fully appreciate without comparing. Bottom line though, Tyler has been the calm all the way though.

This franchise has had more than a few underrated receivers in it's history, but the absolute holy trinity that stands out are -

1. Ingram
2. Baldwin (at least nationally)
3. Lockett
Big Play Kearse over Engram for me.

Kearse just had "it" for the short stay he had in Seattle.