UCLA vs Oregon. Tied at the half

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":hdz2603g said:
What was the story on D. Thomas in the 2nd half? Almost smelled of disciplinary action.

My guess is that he might have a slight concussion. But that's just a total guess.

Or else they just realized that Marshall and Tyner were better options against that UCLA D. Thomas was getting thrown around like a rag doll in the first half.

Personally I'd like to see Marshall and Tyner as the main RB's and De'Anthony in the slot, where he was most of the time his first couple seasons. The slot is probably where his NFL future is going to be anyway.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":172x9fl9 said:
And Washington's still the only team to stay within 3 scores of Oregon. :)

Am I being a homer or did we look actually look better against the Ducks? We gave away the 4th, UCLA gave away the 2nd half (though on the road).

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ci66nex2 said:
HawkWow":ci66nex2 said:
What was the story on D. Thomas in the 2nd half? Almost smelled of disciplinary action.

My guess is that he might have a slight concussion. But that's just a total guess.

Or else they just realized that Marshall and Tyner were better options against that UCLA D. Thomas was getting thrown around like a rag doll in the first half.

Personally I'd like to see Marshall and Tyner as the main RB's and De'Anthony in the slot, where he was most of the time his first couple seasons. The slot is probably where his NFL future is going to be anyway.

With Marshall and Tyner available, I don't see how they keep DT out of the slot. He's a natural and getting him in space should save miles of wear and tear on him. I think he goes late 1st rd, you?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":14ttik9b said:
JSeahawks":14ttik9b said:
HawkWow":14ttik9b said:

With Marshall and Tyner available, I don't see how they keep DT out of the slot. He's a natural and getting him in space should save miles of wear and tear on him. I think he goes late 1st rd, you?

Yea, late 1st round, high 2nd round sounds about right for him. The homer in me thinks that if Tavon Austin goes top 10 then DAT should too. But i'm not sure DAT is as polished as a receiver, which is where I think he'll have to be in the NFL.

CPHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":38rza7zc said:

Rumor for the last few weeks have been that he is being told by outside sources to only at if he's 100% (and herbie alluded to this fact as well). They think it helps his NFL stock, which I disagree with completely. Whatever, Marshall and Tyner are showing they are just as good at RB, I really want dat back at the slot.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CPHawk":3ja4ujbh said:
HawkWow":3ja4ujbh said:

Rumor for the last few weeks have been that he is being told by outside sources to only at if he's 100% (and herbie alluded to this fact as well). They think it helps his NFL stock, which I disagree with completely. Whatever, Marshall and Tyner are showing they are just as good at RB, I really want dat back at the slot.

It's a damn big stage these outside sources want to remove these players from. Like yourself, I don't see it as a positive. Not for playmakers like DAT.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":306k1sr9 said:
HawkWow":306k1sr9 said:

During the game today, I was talking to my dad about the same thing. DAT is the one you want in space. He can't bruise like Tyner or Marshall. So it was no surprise to me to see the offense start to click when those two entered in the game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2gecg6jr said:
HawkWow":2gecg6jr said:
I don't see how you pass on Mariota if he declares. And if you don't, how can he not? Even if he has to sit @ #2 for half a season, I think he's got more upside than Bridgewater (and the rest). Gonna' be a QB rich 1st rd, for sure, but I don't see how Mariota can stay at UO. It would be foolish.

"Insiders" say he's going to be back. Said he promised his mom that he wouldn't leave UO without his degree.

I agree with you though, I think he should go. I just hope he doesn't go to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay. I'd hate to see him stuck on a truly shitty roster on a truly shitty franchise.

The rate of success for Junior QBs is really low. Mariota would be well-served to take notice of this and stay another year, IMO.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Looks like UCLA lost two of their defensive studs for the season yesterday.

Ellis McCarthy torn knee ligament and their defensive leader Eric Kendricks broke his arm.

Latest posts