UDFA Signings/Tryouts; Nine players officially signed

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Colt Lyeria still out there. An Oregon kid. Big 6-5 TE. We could use some TE depth. No guarantees Mccoy or Miller are here next year.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the thing about the UDFA stuff. Folks will say they are going to a team and turn around and go to another. Blount was originally going to the 9ers and ended up with the Bucs. Until the UDFAs are listed, I take it with a grain of salt.

And the Rookie mini-camp tryouts, since they aren't signed with the team they can change their mind about coming in.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Wow, Brock Coyle is a nice get. Could be a nice replacement for Farwell eventually.

Can't find any game tape, but just a highlight reel and a pro-day advertisement.
[youtube]lhGskbrMHW0[/youtube]

[youtube]vyOTR9dBT8s[/youtube]

sc85sis

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5m2b9tfi said:
Bailey was a good linebacker at USC before moving to safety. Could be a special teams demon.
Safety was his natural position. He moved to LB because of team need. That versatility could serve him well now.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yxes1122":3h678ylf said:
I'd be happy if we could land Torin Harris. When I was watching Uko, it felt like Harris was making a lot plays
Nooooo. He has all the physical talent in the world but he never was very good in games--at least not consistently. I lost track of how many times I yelled "turn your head!"

drcool

Reaction score
razgriz737":r86nrhb3 said:
Jackson Jeffcoat ‏@elJEFEcoat44 1m
Going to work in the great northwest. Hello Seattle! #humble&hungry

DE from Texas

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! He was the one player I wanted in as an UDFA.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1awyc4x1 said:
Colt Lyeria still out there. An Oregon kid. Big 6-5 TE. We could use some TE depth. No guarantees Mccoy or Miller are here next year.

Dudes a true blue nut case

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm actually astonished that Jeffcoat wasn't drafted. There must be some issue with his shoulders as that was his last injury. He's a good pass rusher. He's a high SPARQ player too. Hope it has nothing to do with character.

Genuinely like the additions of Coyle and Price, thought Coyle would be be drafted, think Price who was could be a better QB than several of the guys we have on our team already was criminally underrated.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jammerhawk":15mvpm8e said:
I'm actually astonished that Jeffcoat wasn't drafted. There must be some issue with his shoulders as that was his last injury. He's a good pass rusher. He's a high SPARQ player too. Hope it has nothing to do with character.

Genuinely like the additions of Coyle and Price, thought Coyle would be be drafted, think Price who was could be a better QB than several of the guys we have on our team already was criminally underrated.

Hope it has everything to do with character. That, I know PC and JS can deal with right away

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, Jeffcoat not getting drafted still amazes me. But hey, I'll glady take him now. I can see him making the final 53 for sure.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Jim Jeffcoat and Ken Norton Jr were teammates for a couple of seasons in Dallas. Wonder if that has anything with the younger Jeffcoat choosing Seattle? Probably not, but kind of coincidental.

Reaction score
Garry Gilliam went undrafted because he made a switch from Tight end to tackle. Had knee problems a couple years back. But he was not that bad last year. Very raw wouldnt be surprise if he made our team as a Tight end. Very interesting pick I think the kid can ball. Take it from a Penn State homer I hope he makes the squad. Only thing is he has not played the position that long should be interesting. I like the Jeffcoat pick up as well. I think we may be surprise by the Gilliam pick up guys I wish him the best of luck.

theascension

Reaction score
I'm really excited for Adham Talaat after reading his story. He could be a really under the radar performer.
I could easily see Brock Coyle AND Jackson Jeffcoat making the team.

Rob12

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2j0dcztp said:
Jim Jeffcoat and Ken Norton Jr were teammates for a couple of seasons in Dallas. Wonder if that has anything with the younger Jeffcoat choosing Seattle? Probably not, but kind of coincidental.

Probably didn't hurt, but I doubt it. It has to be pretty enticing to get a call from PC/JS and having them offer you an opportunity to come to camp and try out for a spot on a SB defending squad that boasts one of the best defenses in the modern era (I say all-time, but that usually gets me called a homer). He would be surrounded by young veterans who would see to it that he is hungry and would get better.

Also, and I am going to sound COMPLETELY crazy, but it's not a crazy thought. Uniforms. Being an Oregon fan, I think you would agree that uniform design is a big sell to high school kids, and these dudes aren't long past their high school days. I think those things matter, but it's kind of weird to say it. I just think it's a factor that might play into it. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Other than Paul Richardson, Jeffcoat is the kid I am most excited about following this draft. I think it's going to pay enormous dividends for our defense and raise the competition bar yet again.

Latest posts