Unpopular opinion alert: Marshawn Lynch is being immature

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2246hzef said:
please. people blow off the coffee barista at star bucks for no reason.

ML has every reason to blow of the media as he does.

who says you have to be nice and courteous to those that don't give a F about you???

Are the coffee baristas their bosses? If not I think you missed the point

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3mddazv4 said:
YYZHawksFan":3mddazv4 said:
please. people blow off the coffee barista at star bucks for no reason.

ML has every reason to blow of the media as he does.

who says you have to be nice and courteous to those that don't give a F about you???

Are the coffee baristas their bosses? If not I think you missed the point

the NFL is not ML's boss. that is for sure.

StoneCold

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":270u40co said:
Scottemojo":270u40co said:
Lynch says nothing.
Russell talks for 15 minutes, says nothing.

Who cares?

Marshawns boss does, that's the whole bloody point. I don't get why people don't see this. Marshawns job isn't to decide whether he should be answering questions or not, his job is to answer them because it's in his contract and his boss told him to

You are missing the point of what Marshawn is doing. Yes it's in his contract. He thinks it's a dumb requirement and is choosing to make an issue out of it. Perhaps he simply doesn't want to talk to the media. Perhaps he wants to try and get the rule changed. He has every right to take whatever action he wants as long as he's willing to pay the price. Which he is. He is standing up for what he thinks is right and you call that being immature? Power to the people to get the boot of the man off their damn necks.

SC

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I think the people who insist on asking him questions time and again, when he's already asserted that he's not interested in answering any of them, are the ones being immature.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
StoneCold":3g42n559 said:
therealjohncarlson":3g42n559 said:
Scottemojo":3g42n559 said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

Marshawns boss does, that's the whole bloody point. I don't get why people don't see this. Marshawns job isn't to decide whether he should be answering questions or not, his job is to answer them because it's in his contract and his boss told him to

You are missing the point of what Marshawn is doing. Yes it's in his contract. He thinks it's a dumb requirement and is choosing to make an issue out of it. Perhaps he simply doesn't want to talk to the media. Perhaps he wants to try and get the rule changed. He has every right to take whatever action he wants as long as he's willing to pay the price. Which he is. He is standing up for what he thinks is right and you call that being immature? Power to the people to get the boot of the man off their damn necks.

SC

he has to speak to the media. he is doing that. if the NFL says you must be chipper and responsive to all questions by the media and answer questions in good faith etc. etc. etc....then that is another thing .

guess what, they don't.

why do people think he "has" to answer the questions in the way the media wants. the NFL does not mandate that?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":271j3q4g said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

This.

I don't care one way or the other, but now the reporters, knowing the have leverage and Lynch HAS to talk to them, come over and badger him.

It's become the story of what Lynch ISN'T going to say. It's news to see just how little he reacts and how uncomfortable he looks.

His apathetic act (or not act, whatever) is now garnering more attention than if he just shot out a few lines like Wilson does every day. He can either wait it out until it's old news, or change pace a little bit and the media will probably leave him alone.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
you should watch the E60 on lynch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cWjT9lpZc

Good stuff.

He talks about the beast-quake as a turning point, realizing what he can do.

I really think that that realization along with the grief he got in buffalo over the hit and run thing made him realize he had nothing to gain with the media and as long as he can be himself and get it done on the field, he'll accomplish what he needs too.

he's obviously a little odd. They even talk about how he likes working with kids and he's just a big kid so no shock that he may not be the most 'mature' dude in the world.

Who cares?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
if the contract says make your self available, that means answering 1 question satisfies that requirement.

if the NFL does not like that, change the contract. they might and they might not. but as it stands now, ML is complying with the NFL, and being nice and making reporters happy and so they have a nice sound bite is not ML's fing job.

hawk12

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":28e1t0vj said:
Scottemojo":28e1t0vj said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

Seriously? Dude, your totally wrong and selfish. Marshawns boss this, Marshawns boss that, his job is to answer them ect ect. I say selfish because you want to hear him talk for your personal pleasure even knowing he does not want to talk to "Media" not fans but media. If you ever come across Lynch he's on of the nicest dudes.

His job to play football and score TDs (handshake).

I totally agree to skip the media. I really dont care if he doesn't want to talk, He speaks volumes by his performance. Some 36,052 people and counting have the same belief.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/enough-is-enough-stop-bullying-beast-mode.html

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawks46":35qcv760 said:
Scottemojo":35qcv760 said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

This.

I don't care one way or the other, but now the reporters, knowing the have leverage and Lynch HAS to talk to them, come over and badger him.

It's become the story of what Lynch ISN'T going to say. It's news to see just how little he reacts and how uncomfortable he looks.

His apathetic act (or not act, whatever) is now garnering more attention than if he just shot out a few lines like Wilson does every day. He can either wait it out until it's old news, or change pace a little bit and the media will probably leave him alone.
But eventually they'll tire of the game and just go away.

Lynch doesn't have to speak if the media isn't there.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the petition thing is dumb. I support ML's brief and humorous answers. But a petition against 'bullying' lynch? stoooop. just stop. That's as dumb as raising money to pay his fines last year. I realize in the end that went to charity but so did the fine money he paid. Quit trying to white knight for the guy.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawk12":3oismyme said:
therealjohncarlson":3oismyme said:
Scottemojo":3oismyme said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

Seriously? Dude, your totally wrong and selfish. Marshawns boss this, Marshawns boss that, his job is to answer them ect ect. I say selfish because you want to hear him talk for your personal pleasure even knowing he does not want to talk to "Media" not fans but media. If you ever come across Lynch he's on of the nicest dudes.

I totally agree to skip the media. I really dont care if he doesn't want to talk, He speaks volumes by his performance. Some 36,052 people and counting have the same belief.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/enough-is-enough-stop-bullying-beast-mode.html

Your totally wrong. I personally don't care if marshawn speaks to the media or not, I might not even watch it. But I'm also not lynchs boss...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":yfordulh said:

agreed. he has to make himself available and after the media finally gets that he is not contractually obligated to answer their questions the way they want or even answer them, they will no longer as questions but ML will still be there for them as required by the NFL.

immatur? please. smart, clearly smarter than the media. which is why they are so upset. they enjoy manipulation of players and clearly don't like being manipulated.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3stpvfc6 said:
hawk12":3stpvfc6 said:
therealjohncarlson":3stpvfc6 said:
Scottemojo":3stpvfc6 said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

Your totally wrong. I personally don't care if marshawn speaks to the media or not, I might not even watch it. But I'm also not lynchs boss...

yes, but who is exactly ML's boss? PA is. not the NFL. available to the media. that is what is required. i think you read more into that and are like the media, expect more.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":1kh9ajbx said:
SalishHawkFan":1kh9ajbx said:

agreed. he has to make himself available and after the media finally gets that he is not contractually obligated to answer their questions the way they want or even answer them, they will no longer as questions but ML will still be there for them as required by the NFL.

immatur? please. smart, clearly smarter than the media. which is why they are so upset. they enjoy manipulation of players and clearly don't like being manipulated.

Not doing something your employer clearly wants you to by getting around it via a technicality isn't immature..? Hmm

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3pp2ty20 said:
hawk12":3pp2ty20 said:
therealjohncarlson":3pp2ty20 said:
Scottemojo":3pp2ty20 said:
Lynch says nothing.

Who cares?

he does talk to the media.

what point are you trying to prove?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2d78f7ic said:
YYZHawksFan":2d78f7ic said:
SalishHawkFan":2d78f7ic said:

Not doing something your employer clearly wants you to by getting around it via a technicality isn't immature..? Hmm

marshawns employer wants to make money.

the attention drawn to marshawn when he gives his one word answers is likely as good or better than what he'd get for a normal interview. People watch it because it's funny.

everyone is happy.

why are we talking about it?

Reaction score
Eh, I thought Pete Carroll was Marshawn's boss. Or Paul Allen was his boss. They play him. They pay him. And they don't seem to have a problem with it.

I think the majority of fans don't see it as a problem. Seeing some of the responses from the media I agree with others here who have said the media has grossly misjudged both public opinion and their own importance to sport. As evidenced by whoever Rory McIlroy schooled in Twitter the other day.

The media is dressing. It presents our sports in more digestible ways but it is not the reason we go to watch. It is not the reason we support or love our teams, the players and moments that happen. I think Marshawn's situation is a microcosm of how the media doesn't understand their own role anymore. They think they are important in helping the sport grow and survive. Whereas it would thrive without them just fine.

hawk12

Reaction score

Exactly... Case closed.

Go Hawks!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Therealjohncarlson wins, we all think Marshawn is an 'entitled brat', hope he doesn't even suit up on sunday because what really matters is that he does the mature responsible thing, which is probably to retire from football and take a safer job maybe he can get on at HR block doing people's taxes or something.

You're the big winner for convincing us all that marshawn is an immature entitled brat.

Mission accomplished! This is what progress feels like!