Update: Kam Out, Sowell Quest, Rawls on track for Week 11

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2p9uvb0g said:
Why people expect to get something out of a coach's press conference, especially when it comes to injury status/updates, is beyond me. They are pure posturing. Just accept that fact and move on.

Super. So we can move past pretty much all of a coaches presser?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
12thbrah":9ds35he0 said:
stang233":9ds35he0 said:
No reason to play any starters for the NE game. Should just take the Arch Bishop approach and take a second bye week.

Hell no! This teams needs every game if they want a shot at home field.

I think you're missing the joke. Pretty sure the post was in jest for all the negative nellies who say the hawks are NOT ONLY going to lose to NE, but also to Buffalo and Philly. Go check out the "3 weeks from now thread" for all the chicken littles out here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, not gonna' lose on Monday, and not gonna' lose to a rookie QB at home when Philly gets to town.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":n54v77ba said:
CodeWarrior":n54v77ba said:
Why people expect to get something out of a coach's press conference, especially when it comes to injury status/updates, is beyond me. They are pure posturing. Just accept that fact and move on.

Super. So we can move past pretty much all of a coaches presser?

Yes. They are essentially worthless outside of the practice reports.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":36j0ze60 said:
You're joking right? We are on our 3rd LB at the Right side OLB position. Morgan on IR (1st), KPL injured (2nd). We have been shuffling at this position for weeks between Marsh who is more of a 3rd down pass rusher/DE and a sprinkle of Coyle now and then. I actually like the idea of Kam at this LB position allowing Mccray to stay deep with Earl. Doubt it happens though.

Well, since it could be considered a long time move, then I'm not joking. Who's spot would he take? Moving him short term I feel wouldn't be productive, but I could very well be wrong.

RCATES

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 11m11 minutes ago
Carroll said Kam Chancellor will not practice today. Still not back yet. Tried to ramp up after 10 days and had a bit of a setback

Soft as butter. I'm ready to move on from this guy. After last years holdout and now missing 3 games from a hamstring injury during the bye week. So happy we didn't give into his demands last year.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":k1xbgde7 said:
Carroll said Kam Chancellor will not practice today. Still not back yet. Tried to ramp up after 10 days and had a bit of a setback

Soft as butter. I'm ready to move on from this guy. After last years holdout and now missing 3 games from a hamstring injury during the bye week. So happy we didn't give into his demands last year.

I thought you wanted him to switch to LB though.... :twisted:

2_0_6

Reaction score
As these missed games pile up, the likelihood that he will not be a Hawk next year grows.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1w6hs0ys said:
As these missed games pile up, the likelihood that he will not be a Hawk next year grows.
Q: Did we give up on Jimmy G when he got hurt?

A: NO. And thank the lawd that smart minds prevailed, as did he.

2_0_6

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3a17qnhe said:
Hawk_Nation":3a17qnhe said:
Q: Did we give up on Jimmy G when he got hurt?

A: NO. And thank the lawd that smart minds prevailed, as did he.

Jimmy had a freak injury, where Kam's body appears to be breaking down due to age and the way he plays.

There is a BIG difference there.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
RCATES":2ercf33d said:

Soft as butter. I'm ready to move on from this guy.

Ha. Never thought I'd hear those words describing Chancellor.

RCATES

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":7sy7v69o said:
RCATES":7sy7v69o said:

Soft as butter. I'm ready to move on from this guy.

Ha. Never thought I'd hear those words describing Chancellor.

Neither did I. Things have changed the past two seasons. He's a shell of his former shelf. Definitely not the All-pro leader of this defense anymore. That honor goes to BW. I honestly think there is more to this then just "pulled hammy" rhetoric. I could be wrong. Maybe Kam comes back next week and starts playing at a All-Pro level again and dominates again leading us to a second Championship. I doubt it. His heart and will left this team when he began his holdout.

RCATES

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1zjlkiym said:
The hyperbole around here is crazy.

Whats exaggerated?

Kam said it himself during his holdout. He puts his body on the line when he plays and demanded more money to continue to do so. Does it surprise you that he doesn't go as hard and is dragging this hammy injury out as long as he has. This guy used to fly around and punish people before his hold-out. He didn't get his way and his play is not the same. You can see it on the field. Its painfully obvious. When is the last time he did a presser? He's just not in it anymore.

pcbball12

Reaction score
RCATES":3bfw8tna said:
FlyHawksFly":3bfw8tna said:

Whats exaggerated?

Kam said it himself during his holdout. He puts his body on the line when he plays and demanded more money to continue to do so. Does it surprise you that he doesn't go as hard and is dragging this hammy injury out as long as he has. This guy used to fly around and punish people before his hold-out. He didn't get his way and his play is not the same. You can see it on the field. Its painfully obvious. When is the last time he did a presser? He's just not in it anymore.
Jeez. First of all, it is a groin injury. Anyone that has ever had a groin injury knows how temperamental it is and how hard it is to get it right. With Mccray behind him, there is no need to rush him back like they may have in the past without a viable option.

Secondly, before Kam went out this year he was completely himself. He looked as good as he has looked in a hawks uniform. To say his heart is not in it anymore is total hyperbole.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RCATES":1lu9h233 said:
FlyHawksFly":1lu9h233 said:

Whats exaggerated?

RCATES":1lu9h233 said:

You know this is the guy most people were drawing comparisons to Kenny Easley and Ronny Lott not long ago, right? It's hyperbole of the highest nature to call someone like that "soft as butter."

I believe they even reference "soft as butter" in the song played. And If this is butter, it's been dropped in liquid nitrogen.

[youtube]F5JWdrbJeN8[/youtube]

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Are they going to end up IR'ing him?

He's been out for four games, correct? I mean, is there a chance we see him back this season?

hawks85

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xqsbboy said:
Nope, not gonna' lose on Monday, and not gonna' lose to a rookie QB at home when Philly gets to town.
I Agree, We Are Due For A Big Game. When We Play The Pats Next I Don't Know If We Will Win That One. I Am Pretty Sure They Wont Blow Us Out. If Our O-Line Can Gel By Then And Rawls And Kam Are Back Then We Have A Great Chance Of Winning. Like The Old Saying Any Given Sunday. I Cant Stand The Pats It Would Be Nice To Go There And Blow Them Out.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
the other reason we are seeing 100 yard rushers is the offense isn't putting drives together. too many 3 and outs and too many possessions for the other team.

Hawk_Nation":15ustj4d said:
ARhawk":15ustj4d said:
As much as I love Kam, have we really missed him since he's been out? Our safety play hasnt missed a beat with McCray doing a great job filling in for Kam. Someone tell me I'm wrong because I dont want to think Kam could be expendable.

I think him being out is a main reason why we have seen back to back games with 100 yard rushers. Granted the defense was on the field forever, but having him out there laying hits definitely has been missed.

Latest posts