UW Jumps FSU to #4 in AP Poll

NoGain

Reaction score
It's about time. Now if UW can take care of business against WSU (I can't see them losing this game), we will in all likelihood move up to the #3 spot in the AP poll, as Ohio State plays Michigan next week and someone has to lose and drop a bit in the polls.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If Oregon Beats up on Oregon State in the Civil War, will they go to 5th???

SonicHawk

Reaction score
FSU's schedule is weak and they haven't looked special on it. Michigan's schedule is weak too but they've dominated teams. No reason why UW, who has won multiple top 25 games, should be anything but 3rd.

Chapow

Reaction score
Undefeated teams in the top 4 of the CFP rankings usually don't drop in the rankings unless they lose, or unless an also undefeated team below them is absolutely dominating while they are kind of chugging along but not looking very impressive. Since neither of those things have happened I won't be surprised if FSU stays at 4 and UW stays at 5. And no, I don't think it's because of east coast bias. I think it's just because that's usually how the CFP rankings work.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Still hilarious how bitter Oregon supporters are that UW is undefeated.

Oregon supporters still salty and say UW would not win again against Oregon.

That’s a nice thought, but, the history still shows UW winning!

Lol.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Still hilarious how bitter Oregon supporters are that UW is undefeated.

Oregon supporters still salty and say UW would not win again against Oregon.

That’s a nice thought, but, the history still shows UW winning!

Lol.
They have to play again though and the Pac-12 championship will be all that matters. So the win at home won't really mean anything. I just can't see them beating Oregon and that heisman QB kid. Washington should be above FSU though. Probably the only top 10 team they can beat right now. I hate to say it but they are paper tigers. They won't beat the best teams.

DJrmb

Reaction score
They have to play again though and the Pac-12 championship will be all that matters. So the win at home won't really mean anything. I just can't see them beating Oregon and that heisman QB kid. Washington should be above FSU though. Probably the only top 10 team they can beat right now. I hate to say it but they are paper tigers. They won't beat the best teams.
Lol, what a silly take. You are as bad as the east coast people that only look at box scores... You clearly have not watched them play the games.

They just beat a top 10 team, at their house, in weather that severely hindered them while missing multiple starters on defense...

🤦🏽‍♂️

Welshers2

Reaction score
Lol, what a silly take. You are as bad as the east coast people that only look at box scores... You clearly have not watched them play the games.
Wrong, I've watched every game this season. Including where they scored 15 points on 1-6 ASU at home. By the way that's the least amount of points any team has scored against ASU all season.

they were also very lucky to beat Oregon as well. The oregon coach made some horrible decisions. I just can't see them winning the pac 12 or any playoff games. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its just how I see it. People get mad cause I'm not going "ra-ra fandom". Either way though its been a great season and theyve played their butts off and im not complaining in any way.

but they wont beat the best teams in the country.

DJrmb

Reaction score
People have been "seeing it" like that for weeks. Those same people said they wouldn't beat Utah, then they did. Then they said they wouldn't beat Oregon state. Then they did. Football doesn't just come down to the box scores, many times there's more to the story of the game than just "they scored this much"... That's lazy observation. There's something to teams that just find a way to win, over and over and over again. You should get that being a Seahawks fan and all those close wins we've witnessed and miracle plays to win games... That's not luck. There is a skill involved with finding a way to win any way you have to... This Husky team has that. They just find ways to win.

People complained about them being too one dimensional on offense, saying Oregon is so much more balanced being able to run and Washington couldn't... They just went on to put up a school record amount of rushing yards against USC and win that game with rushing. They've continued since then to be able to run the ball too so don't sit up and say the USC defense just isn't good against the run...

Then they harp on the defense and guess who won the game the last two opponents despite having major injury concerns? The defense. They just win however the game dictates they have to...

Anyone who thinks they are a paper tiger has absolutely not been paying attention in my opinion. They keep winning. Call it luck if you want, but then they're lucky every damn week... Because again, they beat Everyone they've played. Undefeated in the toughest conference in football this year.

Oregon may actually be a better team overall and more balanced. That doesn't make the Huskies paper tigers though one bit. Are you going to call whoever loses between Michigan and Ohio State a paper tiger because they didn't win that game next week? Oregon and Washington are probably the top two or 3 schools in the nation this year behind only Georgia.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Oregon and Washington match up well as we have seen.

On a neutral site, it depends on X factors but Washington has shown it can score against Oregon and that’s what it’ll take to win.

Oregon is a good team obviously they have a great offense and a what looks to be a better than defense than Washington. But Washington for some reason can put up points against Oregon.

The Pac12 championship will largely come down to what team is better coached and if adjustments are made in game.

Very possibly a 50/50 game.

I’d rather it be a 50/50 game and Washington in the title game than Washington not in the title game.

I’ll take Washington’s chances again against Oregon.

Go Huskies!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm a bit nervous about the CCG against Oregon, but I think Washington's passing game matches up well against Oregon's defense. Hopefully the defense continues to show it's improving, at least in terms of points allowed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oregon is damn good, no dobut. But you know what, so is Washington. That game would be a toss-up imo. As it should be.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Stupid. If UW ends up undefeated and has already beat Oregon the game is pointless. UW is the champ.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
What if Arizona beats Arizona State, and Oregon State upsets Oregon, and UW meets Arizona in the Pac 12 championship game? That scenario is still in play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If that Civil War game was at Oregon State, I think they would beat Oregon. But........road game, I can't see Oregon losing on Saturday. Hope to be shocked.

DJrmb

Reaction score
If the Ducks win against Oregon State it's my opinion that they should be ranked 4th over Michigan when they lose to Ohio State...

It should be Georgia, Ohio St, Washington, Oregon as the top 4. I know they'll never do that though because of their biased, but those are the best 4 schools in the country RN

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
FSU's schedule is weak and they haven't looked special on it. Michigan's schedule is weak too but they've dominated teams. No reason why UW, who has won multiple top 25 games, should be anything but 3rd.
Big 10 is much tougher than ACC

Georgia, Michigan and Ohio St are neck to neck 1,2,3a after them the remaining teams are behind Florida St, Washington, and Oregon

SonicHawk

Reaction score

Georgia, Michigan and Ohio St are neck to neck 1,2,3a after them the remaining teams are behind Florida St, Washington, and Oregon
Pac 12 is tougher than Big 10.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score

I'd add Alabama and Texas to that second tier. And as much as it pains me to say, I'd probably rank the top teams at this moment (OSU and Michigan are still playing) in terms of who I think is playing the best now as...

1) Georgia
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Michigan
5) UW
6) Texas
7) Alabama
8) Florida State

This could change in the next few hours though...

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Now that Ohio State has a loss, I wonder how they will justify keeping them ranked above the Huskies?

Just by virtue of being "Big Ten"?