Very Important Poll- New Defensive Coordinator- Yes or No?

TC9

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm sure I'm not the ONLY one that thinks we need a New DC. I can't take everyone running up and down the field on us anymore..... Just want to see how many agree.

OP
OP
T

TC9

Reaction score
Breaking News! Dan Quinn is Available!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Look just bring Quinn in as a special defensive consultant. That way he'll be immediately available to us should we make a move now or even offseason.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
They need to move on from KNJ sooner or later. This D is historically bad and a few hustle plays here and there, plus Russ are hiding some huge problems.

JGreen79

Reaction score
There is absolutely zero chance, Norton is fired and replaced with Quinn midseason. It's highly unlikely he gets fired midseason at all.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be fired. At most there would be an interim DC, which would likely be Hurtt

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not this season. Bring Quinn in as an assistant. If you're gonna make a change, make it in the offseason.

TypeSly

Reaction score
JGreen79":2nj58smg said:
There is absolutely zero chance, Norton is fired and replaced with Quinn midseason. It's highly unlikely he gets fired midseason at all.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't be fired. At most there would be an interim DC, which would likely be Hurtt

Agreed. Pete's too loyal, and it would be tough to fire a defensive legend mid-season.

PNW

Reaction score
No thanks. Quinn hasn't shown he’s a good D coach. Not sure why everyone thinks he’s our savior, big deal he coached the LOB and had success wow impressive. Norton would have looked even better than DQ if he got to coach the LOB.

OP
OP
T

TC9

Reaction score
Next up- A Well-deserved Bye Week.
Go Hawks!

KillerB

Reaction score
PNW":1r0mxk0i said:
...Norton would have looked even better than DQ if he got to coach the LOB.

Based on what? I don't dislike Norton and he's probably a pretty good linebackers coach. But he was no good as coordinator with the Raiders and now even worse in Seattle.

Gus Bradley started the LOB defense. Then Quinn ran with it. Gus is the guy to get but he's employed and doing well with the Chargers.

I see no downside to bringing Quinn on as an advisor if he's interested.

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
PNW":24kkt7wn said:
No thanks. Quinn hasn't shown he’s a good D coach. Not sure why everyone thinks he’s our savior, big deal he coached the LOB and had success wow impressive. Norton would have looked even better than DQ if he got to coach the LOB.

Umm no he wouldn't!

And at this rate, does it really matter if we have a DC or not! Might as well save the money. This is just redicolous!

Vesuve

Reaction score
RCATES":zx7fcvb7 said:
Pete’s too soft.

Spot-on.

Norton isn't going anywhere.

Mr. Quinn....is now available. :lol:

PNW

Reaction score
KillerB":2ar1ra9d said:
PNW":2ar1ra9d said:
...Norton would have looked even better than DQ if he got to coach the LOB.

Based on what? I don't dislike Norton and he's probably a pretty good linebackers coach. But he was no good as coordinator with the Raiders and now even worse in Seattle.

Gus Bradley started the LOB defense. Then Quinn ran with it. Gus is the guy to get but he's employed and doing well with the Chargers.

I see no downside to bringing Quinn on as an advisor if he's interested.
If DQ had that Raiders D he would’ve looked even worse, you’re hilarious! John and Pete started the LOB, Gus Bradley gave up soooo many 3rd and longs that year it was pretty ridiculous, anyone would have looked like a good coordinator with the LOB.

PNW

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":3ae4snmm said:
PNW":3ae4snmm said:

Umm no he wouldn't!

And at this rate, does it really matter if we have a DC or not! Might as well save the money. This is just redicolous!
With the amount of HOF caliber and ring of honor players in the LOB I have a hard time believing it was a super tough job for anyone

Latest posts