Vikings and Falcons are this year's new NFC ballers

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Forgot to add Philly as a challenging game. A rookie QB that is showing a whole lot of promise.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1a2h5sxl said:
I think it would be fair to say that the Vikings are this years Panthers. While I do respect their defense, I cannot respect the schedule. They, like the Panthers of last year, get to play a schedule that includes the NFC East and the AFC South. Combine that with 4 games against the Lions and Bears and you're left with 3 or 4 challenging games:

Cardinals (they aren't scaring anyone so far)
Packers x 2 (they already won one of them)
Cowboys (jury is still out on them considering Romo may be back in time for the Vikings game and that could be bad or good)

Prepare to be in Minnesota for the NFC Championship game

WTH you mean cant respect their schedule lol. They beat the Packers, Panthers, Giants and a 3-1 Houston team....who else has had a harder schedule so far....they also play Philly in 2 weeks with a bye next week.

And the NFC east has a 4 win team, two 3 win teams, and if the Giants win make that THREE 3 win teams. Every team would be 3-2 or better. They have absolutely manhandled all the offenses they have played so far. You have 3 QBs they have gone against that have been in the superbowl with 3 superbowl rings between them

They are 5-0 in what is probably their hardest stretch for the year although I would add on Philly for the last game of that stretch

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Looking more and more like the OP is on the money here.

Nice to see new blood.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Ramfan128":job0w88k said:
Hawks46":job0w88k said:
We both have mostly the same teams as last year, other than we have Graham back now, but that game was razor close in the playoffs. I think it's close enough that it would depend on who had HFA. Graham could be the factor that differentiates our game from last year's with Minnesota.

Atlanta has a mismatch problem with us, and that's their defense. They can't stop the run. We'll see in 2 weeks, but if we can run on Atlanta, it's going to keep our defense fresh and off the field. That's the recipe to keeping an offense quiet; keeping them on the side lines.

You are giving Atlanta too much credit here by even saying you would need to keep their offense on the sidelines.

For one thing, no offense plays well at Seattle. Look at what you guys have done to Brees/Brady/Rodgers/Cam the past few years in games played in Seattle.

Matt Ryan, regardless of how well he is playing right now, is not on those guys' level.

On the flip side, Atlanta's defense is complete trash. They won't stop the Seahawks.

And then on top of that, it's back to back road games for Atlanta, with Seattle coming off a bye....

As you mentioned, it's a match up problem - Atlanta is the exact type of team Seattle destroys with regularity - a team with an offensive identity. It'll be something like 37-13.

Not going to happen.

Hate to be leading the bash, but it's not the 49ers going into Century Link this Sunday. They perfected the 23-6, 37-13 style loss you speak of.

Even Detroit last year didn't get smashed.

The Link is no longer an insurmountable task that only a lucky Cardinals can pull off.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1vfnuwk3 said:
MD5eahawks":1vfnuwk3 said:
I think it would be fair to say that the Vikings are this years Panthers. While I do respect their defense, I cannot respect the schedule. They, like the Panthers of last year, get to play a schedule that includes the NFC East and the AFC South. Combine that with 4 games against the Lions and Bears and you're left with 3 or 4 challenging games:

Cowboys (jury is still out on them considering Romo may be back in time for the Vikings game and that could be bad or good)

Prepare to be in Minnesota for the NFC Championship game

WTH you mean cant respect their schedule lol. They beat the Packers, Panthers, Giants and a 3-1 Houston team....who else has had a harder schedule so far....they also play Philly in 2 weeks with a bye next week.

And the NFC east has a 4 win team, two 3 win teams, and if the Giants win make that THREE 3 win teams. Every team would be 3-2 or better. They have absolutely manhandled all the offenses they have played so far. You have 3 QBs they have gone against that have been in the superbowl with 3 superbowl rings between them

They are 5-0 in what is probably their hardest stretch for the year although I would add on Philly for the last game of that stretch
That's exactly what I said "can't respect their schedule". They have a great defense. Their offense was suspect with Teddy at QB. Even with AP healthy they were limited on offense. Difference there is AP took a lot of that limit away. With Bradford at QB they are a lot more balanced and can/will have longer sustained drives that will keep their defense rested. The effect the schedule has is simple, 8 games against arguably the 2 least competitive divisions. One could argue that the NFC South is the least competitive instead of the East and I wouldn't disagree because hindsight is 20/20 after all. But let's be real. Yes Houston was considered a tough opponent as was Arizona and Carolina, BACK IN AUGUST. And the Giants? Really? "If" they win? Last year Carolina played a Super Bowl winning QB 5 times but I don't see where that made their schedule any harder. Drew Brees won a SB for the Saints and look how bad that team is this year. Have you been watching football this year? None of those teams can be considered as good as they were thought to be. Mainly because, again, hindsight is 20/20. My point is they have an easy schedule. It doesn't make them any less "good" it just means they a better chance of HFA.

They only have 3 challenging games left on their schedule.
at Eagles
Cowboys
at Packers
More than likely they will win at least one of those. That leaves maybe 2 losses. So, again, prepare to be in Minnesota for the NFC Championship game.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The Vikings defense is very, very good. With Bradford at QB and Turner calling the plays their offense will help just enough to potentially make them a Super Bowl team. When I watch their defense plah, I see one of the top two or three in the league.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Falcons seem very flawed to me. I think they'll come back down to earth.

Vikes look legit. Defense is outstanding. Offensively challenged though. Defense is good enough to drag down teams to their level. I just can't get behind Sam Bradford keeping this level of play up for 16 games.

I still like how Seattle stacks up to both squads. Seattle just has better balance. Offense and defense, along with pass and run.

I hope Minnesota keeps the gas on. Will push other teams to match. And we'll see how well they deal with frontrunner status as the year develops. It's a tough road when every team is gunning for you. That and better balance is an advantage Seattle enjoys over both squads.

If Minnesota gets home field though it's going to be really tough to top them. If we are fortunate enough to face them in the playoffs and have to travel there -- at least we'll be playing inside.

soohawk

Reaction score
We played there last playoffs outside in a frozen stadium (U of M), this year the new stadium is up and open and im pretty sure it is also open air (no dome)... so it'll be cold again

Laloosh

Reaction score
soohawk":2hag7bno said:
We played there last playoffs outside in a frozen stadium (U of M), this year the new stadium is up and open and im pretty sure it is also open air (no dome)... so it'll be cold again

00af37 20160719 vikings stadium01

Largent80

Reaction score
Geez the Vikings have such a pussified schedule. If they can't ball against those teams, then they are truly mediocre. Everyone is crowning them already however.

xgeoff

Reaction score
That Vikings team is for real. Everyone ought to think back to the playoff game last year that we won only because their kicker missed a chip shot FG. They are winning with Sam Bradford. Let that sink in.

Agree that Eagles and Falcons have glaring flaws, but the Vikings are good and, I think, have improved from last year despite losing Kalil and Bridgewater. How the heck does that happen!?

Largent80

Reaction score
xgeoff":18ftw8nk said:
That Vikings team is for real. Everyone ought to think back to the playoff game last year that we won only because their kicker missed a chip shot FG. They are winning with Sam Bradford. Let that sink in.

Agree that Eagles and Falcons have glaring flaws, but the Vikings are good and, I think, have improved from last year despite losing Kalil and Bridgewater. How the heck does that happen!?

Crown em. They are the greatest.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1v2htfz1 said:
Geez the Vikings have such a pussified schedule.

This is just silly. Good teams manage to beat poor teams. You don't have to apologize for taking care of business in the pros. It's basically hitting par. Which is good. Given the injuries they suffered -- I'm impressed. No way we're above .500 if we lost Wilson and Sherman.

If they can't ball against those teams, then they are truly mediocre.

So since they did ball against them, that makes them not mediocre. Ok. Got it.

Everyone is crowning them already however.

Come on dude. It's just early season hyperbole. Talking heads need to make storylines. And fans wanna dream. They should be excited about their start. Good for them considering how low they were just 5 weeks ago. Not going to cast shade on their fun -- they deserve it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Eagles, and Cowboys seem to so far be the NFC teams worth watching so this year.

That said, by week 12 or so I really only have confidence in the Hawks and Vikings being worth watching. That's probably followed (in order) by the Cowboys, Packers, Falcons, and Eagles (kinda hard b/c I think the Boys will be worth watching even though I don't think they're that great).

hawker84

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2f8f5e3m said:

Prepare to be in Seattle for the NFC Championship game

fixed that for you. :x

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Just to update this...

The Vikings opponents so far
Tenn 3-3
GB 3-2
Car 1-5
NYG 3-3
Houston 4-2

Combined 14-15 with 5 losses coming from the Vikings

Looking forward in the season

@Eagles who are 3-2
Lions,@Lions who are 3-3
@Redskins who are 4-2
Cowboys who are 5-1
@GB who is 3-2

Cardinals (who if they win tonight would be 3-3)

Things will obv change in regards to W/L record but that doesnt look like a "cupcake" schedule with allready beating 4 out of 5 teams who are .500 or better

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":bfvwvi78 said:
Just to update this...

Tenn 3-3
GB 3-2
Car 1-5
NYG 3-3
Houston 4-2

@Eagles who are 3-2
Lions,@Lions who are 3-3
@Redskins who are 4-2
Cowboys who are 5-1
@GB who is 3-2

Things will obv change in regards to W/L record but that doesnt look like a "cupcake" schedule with allready beating 4 out of 5 teams who are .500 or better

Vikings have to get it done this year. Next year they host the Super Bowl, and you know no team that has ever hosted has come close to playing in the game.

The NFC North is soft. Their only threats are Atlanta, Dallas and Seattle.

Zimmer will do whatever it takes. He worked in Cincinnati so he understands disappointment and will make sure it doesn't happen again.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":199uw3cq said:
Just to update this...

Tenn 3-3
GB 3-2
Car 1-5
NYG 3-3
Houston 4-2

@Eagles who are 3-2
Lions,@Lions who are 3-3
@Redskins who are 4-2
Cowboys who are 5-1
@GB who is 3-2

Following my own narrative of hindsight, I am beginning to respect that schedule more every week. It still won't change how good they are but it helps prove it. The addition of Bradford was a huge upgrade over Teddy. How good could they be with AP? Wow.
The only concern at this time would be for them to pray that Sam makes it through without injury.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not buyin the Vikings as being a juggernaut.

The Falcons needed our own defense to mess up several plays to stand a chance.

the vikings have beat some turds.

The Titans aren't good.
The Packers are obviously in trouble; the vikings barely beat them
The panthers are a 1-5 football team with a crappy defense, and 9 of the vikings points were D/ST scores
The giants are not good
the texans are not good

five not good teams.

I'm not saying either team is bad, they are near the top. But neither team scares me at all and the vikings are overrated. Their D is very good, their offense is mediocre at best.

Latest posts