Vikings better than Seahawks (apparently)

LargentFan

Reaction score
I never really get too terribly bent out of shape when people have different opinions than I do, especially when it comes to something like football, but...
Russell Wilson could run into a burning building to save Marcellus Wiley's kids and he seems like the kind of guy who would complain about how he got their clothes dirty in the process.

GLio14

Reaction score
Lmao Marcellus Wiley always been a hater for some reason. Never understood why, but whatever. I take his opinions on the Seahawks like I take my life advice from my contractor: I just don't listen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As soon as I heard it was Wiley, I knew it wasn't worth it. He's even worse than Booger McFarland.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
No idea why Wiley keeps harping on a playoff loss from 2018 as a reason why the Seahawks are not good. That's like saying the Niners aren't good because they finished 4-12 last year?

Different year, different team. This Seahawks team is far better offensively and more diverse than last year's. Just like this year's Niners team is more balanced and better defensively than last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, the Vikes are a damn good team. But Wiley has been on this kick for a while now. He doesn't matter, even a little bit.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mad Dog":wydc73y8 said:
No idea why Wiley keeps harping on a playoff loss from 2018 as a reason why the Seahawks are not good. That's like saying the Niners aren't good because they finished 4-12 last year?

Different year, different team. This Seahawks team is far better offensively and more diverse than last year's. Just like this year's Niners team is more balanced and better defensively than last year.

Yeah that is a really strange take to have about any team from year to year. Not logical to look at last season at all.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Was Wiley on the team Russel hung 50+ on during his rookie season?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wiley is a buffoon and as much a hater as Prickso who is also a buffoon. I don't watch him on anything and I don't click on Prickso ever. Not giving them my ratings/clicks.

rcaido

Reaction score
I think goes deeper than Wily being a 49ers fan. His jealousy of Wilson is unreal. This goes to a lot of the other black media personnel, even some of our former Seahawks.

We joke about Wilson being not black enough but the crab mentality towards Wilson is real. Highest paid QB...Marrying Ciara. Goes to see children hospital weekly, etc...I've never seen an athlete that does everything right but gets continued to get clawed back down.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You guys do know that ever since Stephan A. and the troll of all trolls Skip Bayless started First Take way back in 2007, this is the new age of sports talk format.

All these fools meet in the production room in the morning, lay out all the hot topics of the day............then they draw straws as to who takes what side.

It's manufactured drivel and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone with more than 85 IQ points to rub together.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2i20unda said:
You guys do know that ever since Stephan A. and the troll of all trolls Skip Bayless started First Take way back in 2007, this is the new age of sports talk format.

All these fools meet in the production room in the morning, lay out all the hot topics of the day............then they draw straws as to who takes what side.

It's manufactured drivel and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone with more than 85 IQ points to rub together.
Ding, ding, ding winner!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3db6u8vs said:

Agreed in premise.

Although it sounds like Wiley has been manufacturing this drivel specifically against Seattle and Wilson for quite a while.

I just think its odd when sports personalities let personal bias influence their talking points. I get saying outlandish stuff to get clicks, but apparently this isnt random shouting, but rather a seemingly pointed agenda by Wiley.

I mean there are a lot of teams that I dislike, but if I was a "media personality" (whatever that means) I doubt I would be unprofessional enough to let my own admitted pettiness shine through :D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Often, they either can't admit just how wrong they were about a player or...….they just flat out decide they don't like a player and refuse to admit they are wrong. It's childish to say the least. Those people are not even worth the time, exactly why I never watch the loudmouth types on tv, ever.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Mad Dog":33qun9nv said:

Yeah i didnt get that either- very weak argument

TreeRon

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1ouae6o6 said:

Skip Bayless uses the same narrative as Wiley, the Dallas game.
Ignoring of course that Iupati is now our LG, we have a receiver named Metcalf, Josh Gordan, Quagrey, Hollister, Clowney, Ansah and probably some I forgot.
I think it's mostly that Wiley just does not like Russell for some reason.

Torc

Reaction score
My favorite argument was that the Vikings are better but their special teams failed them on the fake punt and the fumbled kickoff.

Last I checked, the game has three phases, and the whole team has to contribute to a win.

TreeRon

Reaction score
The nay sayers also like to point out that Cook was killing it until he got knocked out and was getting ready to have a big night. (I love how they project things like that)
Thielen not being there is also an excuse.
I've noticed every team the Hawks play has a player that, had he been there, would have made the difference. Of course there is no reference to OUR missing players.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Well you won and they lost. So I don't see how that is so. Also most importantly a team with Kirk Cousins will NEVER be better than a team with Russell Wilson. Wilson is very capable of winning the big game. Cousins is 0 - 8 on MNF. Has Cousins every won a big game? I just never see it. You are much better and more clutch than them.

Latest posts