Vikings message board shuts down, disgusted by both team and

A

Anonymous

The ever-changing life cycle of the NFL football player has branched-off in even more un-paved roads of disaster.

So many more players are taking all the right roads to life-long success than in years past, but lately, those making wrong turns have got themselves lost in some deep dark woods, and the batteries in the flashlight are fading.

Still think the earliest paths are the most critical in a kids life; good values taught by caring, loving parents. Makes me wonder where these guy's parents are now? Gotta be an uncle back home that can slap some sense in to these guys.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Let's review-kid lashed by a muscle bound monster drawing blood on thighs, arms, hands, buttocks and scrotum.

AP stuffed leaves in his mouth

The child in question is four

AP reportedly has whooping room

AP admits to behavior, there are texts and photos documenting it.

Three types of responses--

1) This is media driven witch hunt

2) We need to wait for the facts

3) This is child abuse

I am in the third camp.

Regarding point 1, I recommend looking at the photos.

Regarding point 2, please see the confirmatory texts, photos and grand jury indictment

Chapow

Reaction score
hawknation2014":pbf5y0xl said:
I don't care that some of you were beaten as children and now feel a need to defend Peterson as though he were your own parent. I was hit too, but never even close this extent.

IMO, this is too much abuse for a four year old. As a civilized society, we don't have to accept this as morally right and are entitled to criminalize it and publicly shame the behavior.

0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-7-800x430.jpg

This is going way, way to far. This isn't spanking, this is whipping.

I can't even remotely imagine how a man could do this to a four year old.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
What a lot of people aren't realizing, is that since he is a part time father, did he check with the mother before "disciplining" his child?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions regarding the merits of corporal punishment. Someone above said spanking your kid is no longer an accepted practice, but there's probably never been a time kids were more out of control, lazy, etc than they are today. I have 2 kids, never spanked either of them, but maybe I should have. Who knows?

Interesting that just weeks ago (in so many words) AP proclaimed his fantasy of being a Cowboy. I say interesting because when the smoke clears for AP, Dallas may be the only team viable for him. Excessive punishment is celebrated in Texas.

Jones should offer Romo and Murray for Bridgewater, AP and the Vikes 1st and 3rd rd picks. OTOH, the Vikes are likely still shell shocked after their last blockbuster trade with Dallas....and Jones still thinks Romo is Roger Staubach.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Chapow":2gjkuhua said:
hawknation2014":2gjkuhua said:
I don't care that some of you were beaten as children and now feel a need to defend Peterson as though he were your own parent. I was hit too, but never even close this extent.

IMO, this is too much abuse for a four year old. As a civilized society, we don't have to accept this as morally right and are entitled to criminalize it and publicly shame the behavior.

0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-7-800x430.jpg

This is going way, way to far. This isn't spanking, this is whipping.

I can't even remotely imagine how a man could do this to a four year old.

These photos were taken seven days after the incident.

They do not show the boys split scrotum that AP explicitly talks about in text.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Can someone please provide a link to some credible evidence about all this other stuff? Leave stuffing, scrotum whipping, etc etc. "He said she said" definitely does not cut it. Yes, there is a difference between spanking and leaving scrapes. You want to know what that is? A fingernail or two. Everything is not all cut and dry. But if that other stuff is true than yes he needs a much harsher punishment and should be released from the team IMO. But he also needs to be taught that the way he was brought up and what he did was wrong. It's all fine and dandy to "throw stones" at someone, but none of us are perfect and part of the punishment system should include a chance to redeem ones self, especially if their actions were reminiscent of the type of culture they were brought up in, and they were never totally taught that was wrong.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
What the hell could a 4-year old have done that deserves assault as a punishment? I'm trying to think of what would excuse an adult from beating another adult in that manner...and self-defense is the only thing I can think of.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2tma4oqr said:
What the hell could a 4-year old have done that deserves assault as a punishment? I'm trying to think of what would excuse an adult from beating another adult in that manner...and self-defense is the only thing I can think of.

Maybe the kid was coming at him in a threatening manner? Seriously though, nothing a four year old could have done deserves that kind of ass beating.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think it's funny how we have laws that say "It's not okay to hurt somebody, unless it's your child". Reminds me of our foreign policy of "It's okay to go to war as long as the opposition is small, feeble, unable to defend itself, and can be wiped out swiftly and easily."

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Shouldn't this go under the new domestic violence policy? He beat a family member. Beat him, not disciplined.

AP should be due a suspension by the league.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3a9l7caq said:
Shouldn't this go under the new domestic violence policy? He beat a family member. Beat him, not disciplined.

I would expect so. I'm just not sure if it's right to ignore due process but the NFL is a private entity so they can do as they please.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":352is0y7 said:
Tech Worlds":352is0y7 said:

I would expect so. I'm just not sure if it's right to ignore due process but the NFL is a private entity so they can do as they please.
Due process? We have pictures and him admitting to doing it. This isn't one of those cases where you gotta do some fact finding and the events of the day are in question.

Due is a child abuser plain and simple.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":9r73zm87 said:
MizzouHawkGal":9r73zm87 said:
Tech Worlds":9r73zm87 said:

Due process? We have pictures and him admitting to doing it. This isn't one of those cases where you gotta do some fact finding and the events of the day are in question.

I agree with you that he should be suspended for the 6 games as per the policy but is that only because they have pictures and he actually admitted it? My concern isn't really in a case like his where it's pretty black and white but more in the typical case were it's more of a he said she said situation.

For example Hardy should be suspended but should Mcdonald? The former was convicted by a judge the latter is a mess of accusations.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If the NFL dealt with Ray Rice under "due process" (the legal system), he should have been suspended zero games. Charges were dropped against him. According to the legal system, he committed no transgression so long as he went to counseling.

The NFL can certainly investigate these incidents enough to determine the likelihood of player misconduct. If someone is fabricating something, then the NFL would have to wait for the legal process to work it out. If there's a lot of information to strongly support that the player's conduct was an issue, regardless of the legal situation, then the NFL will act on that.

The system is subjective. But it's also tilted towards players getting the benefit of the doubt, particularly top-tier ones. The NFL wants these players on the field so they can make money. They don't want to lose money keeping them on the field, though.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":20r7bnxo said:
Tech Worlds":20r7bnxo said:
MizzouHawkGal":20r7bnxo said:
Tech Worlds":20r7bnxo said:

I agree with you that he should be suspended for the 6 games as per the policy but is that only because they have pictures and he actually admitted it? My concern isn't really in a case like his where it's pretty black and white but more in the typical case were it's more of a he said she said situation.

For example Hardy should be suspended but should Mcdonald? The former was convicted by a judge the latter is a mess of accusations.

The NFL has full ability to suspend players at any point in time for just about anything. They choose to wait until the legal process runs through the case to minimize liability and press.

lsheldon

Reaction score
BTW, Vikings Message Boards are back online. This is a small part of a statement made by the owner of the board after it was restored. Rest can be found at the link below:

Cliff has completely taken over all aspect of running the board. I no longer hold any "keys".

I made the decision to shut the board down in anger. It was rash and it wasn't fair to the users of the board or especially to Cliff. I completely pulled the rug out from under him after handing him the board just last month. My statement was aimed at a particular subset of users of the board, I didn't intend for it to be seen as widely as it was. I should have known better that it would "get out".

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=27680

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mcx8g96 said:
Besides being wrong, hitting a kid is just lazy parenting. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Hitting? Yes. A swift spanking bare hand? No. What AP did was wrong and he should be punished but I can't say it's actual abuse because I don't know the complete situation. Meaning abuse is a continuous thing usually on multiple levels.

mikeak

Reaction score
I find it interesting that a lawyer comes here and tries to claim that due process is somehow related to the punishment that the Vikings and the NFL should hand out.

The Vikings is his employer. He is basically under an at-will contract and they have the right to terminate / suspend him under that contract for many reasons. His admittance of the acts would not be necessary for them to take their actions (also remember that he continues to be paid) YET this admittance is on record.

The rule in the court of law is IRRELEVANT and I don't need a law degree to understand this.

Trust me if I beat my child like this and my name was made public I would be let go. If I get a DUI I get fired. Unfortunately I don't have any guaranteed money in my employment contract. I completely fail to understand why people think the NFL punishment needs to be tied to the punishment received by a judge - most companies don't have a one to one relationship for these things.

AP disgusts me, Ray Rice disgusts me and the fact that a few old men got in a room knowing a player punched out a woman and suspended him 2 weeks disgusts me. However the worst thing is that a judge gave Ray Rice probation after seeing the full video. Hopefully the past few weeks will lead to tougher sentences in similar situations going forward and hopefully more victims will dare to report.

Ray Rice got a standing ovation at training camp and the full support of the coach......