Status
Not open for further replies.

cymatica

Reaction score
Uncle Si":230qwcw2 said:
cymatica":230qwcw2 said:
hawksfansinceday1":230qwcw2 said:
Nice to see the 'Pete sucks' threads have migrated to the NFL Forum

Good gawd. It's not Pete hate. It's called criticism, it's part of watching football unless you think fans should just have unquestionable loyalty towards every facet of their team

And it has a,place in the multiple threads on the subject in the main forum.

Look at the thread title

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I think people too often just regurgitate talking points without understanding them or even knowing if they're factually relevant or not.

Saying an offense is creative because it worked that day and another that is very similar in philosophy isn't because it fails at times (so does the "creative" one btw, but that never gets talked about) is lazy. Using motions and misdirection as the evidence is even lazier. Everyone uses motion in hopes of getting the defense to tip man/zone. I'll give you the Rams because they use motion in an attempt to put defenses in no win situations more so than other teams. If you can't break down a play or a games worth of plays and explain what the motion is designed for and what the defenses reaction to that means, you shouldn't be using that talking point to back up anything. And if you still must, please say I've read or I've heard that so and so uses motion for x.

All of these offenses are a lot closer to each other than you'd think and it still comes down to which team can win their man/man battles up front

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Justafan and OrangeGravy completely nail this. LOS...win it on both sides.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hedgehawk":3dq90hcv said:
Yes sir. Football is not that complex. The reason the Rams struggled more this year is their o-line fell way off. All their exotic offensive shit wasn't enough to overcome that.
I just read that the Ravens put 8 in the box on two thirds of Tennessee's runs and still the Titans o-line opened holes and/or Henry created them himself to the tune of 19 carries for 195 yards. Oh, and the Titans are doing little in the way of trying to fool the opposing D. Instead they're lining up in the I formation and shoving it down people's throats.

Maybe you could get some support with another anti-Penny thread cymatica cuz no one seems to be behind you on this one

Uncle Si

Reaction score
cymatica":1zfwrw0j said:
Uncle Si":1zfwrw0j said:
cymatica":1zfwrw0j said:
hawksfansinceday1":1zfwrw0j said:
Nice to see the 'Pete sucks' threads have migrated to the NFL Forum

Good gawd. It's not Pete hate. It's called criticism, it's part of watching football unless you think fans should just have unquestionable loyalty towards every facet of their team

Look at the thread title

which should be in the main forum..

finding creative ways to bag on the head coach across multiple forums is just trolling.

is that you? are you a troll?

cymatica

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":dsgwmm6h said:
hedgehawk":dsgwmm6h said:
Yes sir. Football is not that complex. The reason the Rams struggled more this year is their o-line fell way off. All their exotic offensive $h!t wasn't enough to overcome that.
I just read that the Ravens put 8 in the box on two thirds of Tennessee's runs and still the Titans o-line opened holes and/or Henry created them himself to the tune of 19 carries for 195 yards. Oh, and the Titans are doing little in the way of trying to fool the opposing D. Instead they're lining up in the I formation and shoving it down people's throats.

Maybe you could get some support with another anti-Penny thread cymatica cuz no one seems to be behind you on this one

Anti-penny thread? He wasn't even brought up. I was never anti penny but sure just make crap up.

Yes, if we had a Tennesse oline, we would be fine running that offense. We don't though, and thats kind of the point

cymatica

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3qydyod3 said:
cymatica":3qydyod3 said:
Uncle Si":3qydyod3 said:
cymatica":3qydyod3 said:

Look at the thread title

finding creative ways to bag on the head coach across multiple forums is just trolling.

Pathetic. Any criticism of the team and it must be trolling. Got it.

justafan

Reaction score
cymatica":29cqi24z said:
getnasty":29cqi24z said:
Funny how everyone want a wide open throw the ball Sean Mcvay type team but Pete ball is winning in the playoffs right now.

No one suggested wide open throw the ball. Why do you have to use the extreme? Titans have a damn good oline and lynch-esc rb. 49ers have a damn good dline and *creative* offensive playcalling. Pete is a damn good coach for getting a depleted team to the divisional round, but that doesn't refute what I said.

I swear, it's either 100% for or %100 against Pete around here. Or if you question some aspects of playcalling, then you must want a wide open pass offense.

You really have to be blind if you can't see the 49er offense is more creative and puts a defense on their heels. They scheme open receivers and free runners all the time. Wilson, in contrast, has to make incredible plays off script and tight window throws, while the rbs consistently have to create their own magic. Most analysts see it plain as day, and Seattle is known as just lining up and not hiding anything. My point is, at least do a better job of trying to hide things, whether it be playcalls or tempo, so it makes it easier for your players to execute.

My original was mainly to the op it wasnt about being critical it was about being completely wrong. I actually think there are a lot of posts from people who dont even see the game.

Niners run a great offense scheme,but it works so well because they have one of the best run Olines in the league,the best complete TE in the league,maybe the best FB, 2 very good WRs and a pretty good QB.. It didnt work that well in Cleveland,Houston or Washington for him. It worked in Atl. They were loaded on offense.

If he is such a better coach and has better scheme than Pete, why did we play them so well?
They are clearly a better team top to bottom talent wise. We won the first and almost won the second. Our run game and Oline were decimated by injuries and we should have won even with O moved back to the 6 yd line.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
cymatica":imal68jv said:
Uncle Si":imal68jv said:
cymatica":imal68jv said:
Uncle Si":imal68jv said:

Look at the thread title

Pathetic. Any criticism of the team and it must be trolling. Got it.

Get off your cross...

Pathetic is that you cant see what you're doing is trolling. Criticize the team all you want. Do it in the appropriate forums. Rules set up for a reason.

Any more issues, send a PM.

Since we have many PC threads, and a Vike-9ers thread, this one has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts