Visits Tracker

kearly

Reaction score
Parks reminds me of Jeremy Lane when he was a prospect. Thin framed, but plays with an edge.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":b6sds23h said:
Parks reminds me of Jeremy Lane when he was a prospect. Thin framed, but plays with an edge.
Yeah, no kidding. I like his tenacity. Great comparison, too.
[youtube]dqdtvvlpS8g[/youtube]

[youtube]wRhyhzGTzyE[/youtube]

poplarbluffman

Reaction score
Tical21":3s5ktn0a said:
I'm surprised they met with Lawson and Reader but not Dodd. I think Dodd is an awesome candidate to slide inside and generate some pass rush up the middle.

Lawson is much younger and has a better resume be wary of 24 year old one year wonders like Bullard much more

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Derrick Henry says the Seahawks are one of three teams to interview him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some repeats here, but this is from NFL.com

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

First-round spot: 26
» Seahawks' 2016 draft picks | Draft history

Mock drafts:
» Daniel Jeremiah: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
» Charles Davis: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA
» Bucky Brooks: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky
» Lance Zierlein: Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
» Chad Reuter: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State

Prospects associated with the Seahawks:
» Jonathan Bullard, DT, Florida: Seahawks show interest in Bullard
» Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech: Butler had dinner with Seahawks
» DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon: Seahawks DL coach attends pro day
» Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama: Henry has met with Seahawks
» William Jackson III, CB, Houston: Will have additional workout with Seahawks
» Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson: Lawson met with Seahawks at combine
» Jaydon Mickens, WR, Washington: Seahawks staff sees standout pro day
» Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State: Seahawks have formal meeting at combine
» Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU: Robinson will visit wtih Seahawks
» Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss: Seahawks' Carroll makes impression on Treadwell
» Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina: Seahawks OL coach attends pro day

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -nfl-teams

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Mike Matthews, C, A&M

Center Mike Matthews -- 6-foot-1 5/8, 297 pounds -- is the son of Pro Football Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews and brother of Jake Matthews, who was a first-round pick of the Atlanta Falcons in the 2014 NFL Draft. Mike Matthews was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine. At Texas A&M's pro day, Matthews ran the 40-yard dash in 5.43 and 5.5 seconds. He had a 24 1/2-inch vertical and 7-foot-11 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 5.06 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.19 seconds. He performed 30 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Matthews won't wow anybody with his pro-day workout numbers, but when you put on the game tape, he's a completely different player. His man rarely makes a play, and Matthews does a great job because of his competitiveness. Some team will sign Matthews as a priority free-agent following the 2016 NFL Draft, and he could be that team's center for many years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... many-years

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff,
First, thanks for starting this thread and updating. It's a great way to serve fellow .netters during draft season.

Would it be too much trouble to organize the list at the top of the thread into position groups? I think it would be easier to see if new prospects with connections to the Hawks and the draft have already been noted - esp as the draft nears and perhaps more names surface. Just a suggestion and request. I'll leave it to you to decide. Thanks.

Go Hawks

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Coach Cable runs Germaine Ifedi through a workout at the A&M pro day. It appears Cable ran all the OLine workouts there.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":22jbqwuz said:
McGruff,
First, thanks for starting this thread and updating. It's a great way to serve fellow .netters during draft season.

Would it be too much trouble to organize the list at the top of the thread into position groups? I think it would be easier to see if new prospects with connections to the Hawks and the draft have already been noted - esp as the draft nears and perhaps more names surface. Just a suggestion and request. I'll leave it to you to decide. Thanks.

Go Hawks

Will do. Gonna work it up with position groups and sparq scores. Maybe add TEF for the linemen.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":2bl294j1 said:
TeamoftheCentury":2bl294j1 said:
McGruff,

Go Hawks

Will do. Gonna work it up with position groups and sparq scores. Maybe add TEF for the linemen.
Very cool, man. Thanks. :th2thumbs:

Will be interesting to refer back to during and after the draft with that info handy.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My understanding is each team has 30 meets. How do these meets compare to working out someone at their pro day or talking at the combine? Are they separate or do they all count towards the 30?

I guess what I'm asking, is what constitutes a "meet"?

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1rzvf6p1 said:
My understanding is each team has 30 meets. How do these meets compare to working out someone at their pro day or talking at the combine? Are they separate or do they all count towards the 30?

30 visits to Seattle. A limited number of official combine interviews . . . 15 I think. The rest are informal contacts and pro day workouts.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2negl182 said:
UK_Seahawk":2negl182 said:

30 visits to Seattle. A limited number of official combine interviews . . . 15 I think. The rest are informal contacts and pro day workouts.

thanks

titan3131

Reaction score
Vernon butler is in Seattle today visiting the team.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Wide receiver Dez Stewart -- 6-0, 203 -- stood on his numbers from Toledo's pro day, where he ran indoors and on FieldTurf. He did the 40-yard dash in 4.41 and 4.47 seconds. He had a 36-inch vertical jum and 10-foot-2 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.30 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.0 seconds. Stewart looked really good in the pro-day workout and has a visit scheduled with the Seattle Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... h-seahawks