McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
pcbball12":2f57m3go said:
McGruff":2f57m3go said:
pcbball12":2f57m3go said:
Can add Reggie Ragland to the list.

Jared Stanger ‎@JaredStanger
Reggie Ragland to visit with Seattle. Shoulder shrug.
2:29 PM - 14 Apr 2016

No need and not a good fit if we had one.
Was just pointing out it looks like he is coming in for a visit. Although, I actually really like Ragland. Think he could play SAM in our scheme. Don't even think he will make it to 26 but if he did I could see the fit at SAM. Not my first choice by any means but I can see why the interest. Tough football player.

Yeah, that's one of those things I say and then regret. After your post I went back and looked at tape. He's not typical for us, but neither is Wright. But setting the numbers aside I'll tell you what he is . . . The most instinctive in the box linebacker in this draft. He reads plays well, makes a ton of tackles, and usually makes contact within 2 yards of the LOS. Does an excellent job using a strong punch to keep his body free from blockers and navogates trsffic really well.

But what really stands out is his underneath zone awareness. You know, the area of the field that killed us last year. Ragland plays those zones better than anyone I've seen. He is an outlet and seam killer.

pcbball12

Reaction score
McGruff":o0xgvqu9 said:
pcbball12":o0xgvqu9 said:
McGruff":o0xgvqu9 said:
pcbball12":o0xgvqu9 said:

Was just pointing out it looks like he is coming in for a visit. Although, I actually really like Ragland. Think he could play SAM in our scheme. Don't even think he will make it to 26 but if he did I could see the fit at SAM. Not my first choice by any means but I can see why the interest. Tough football player.

Yeah, that's one of those things I say and then regret. After your post I went back and looked at tape. He's not typical for us, but neither is Wright. But setting the numbers aside I'll tell you what he is . . . The most instinctive in the box linebacker in this draft. He reads plays well, makes a ton of tackles, and usually makes contact within 2 yards of the LOS. Does an excellent job using a strong punch to keep his body free from blockers and navogates trsffic really well.

But what really stands out is his underneath zone awareness. You know, the area of the field that killed us last year. Ragland plays those zones better than anyone I've seen. He is an outlet and seam killer.
No worries, I do the same thing all of the time! I think he gets the wrap of only being a thumper that can't move. He didn't blow the tests away, but like you said he has a really good feel in zone and looked plenty good covering TE's. I think he would be a great option at SAM and would add some nastiness to the D we lost with Irvin.

Also, he can rush from end. Wasn't asked to do it a ton, but I liked what I saw with his bull rush and showed some ability to go speed to power. Raw rusher but has traits to do it. I could get excited about him playing SAM next to Wagner and Wright. Guy is a leader and cerebral player as well.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/4/17/114 ... s-for-4-16

Update from Field Gulls . . .
- C Marcus Henry had an official visit with the Seahawks today. (Pauline)
- G Lene Maiava had an official visit with the Seahawks today. (Pauline)
- WR Brandon Swindall has drawn interest from the Seahawks. (Aaron Wilson)
- QB Liam Nadler garnering interest from Seattle. (Aaron Wilson)
- LB Reggie Ragland told NFL.com that he will visit Seattle on 4/19.
- S Andrew Adams drawing interest from Seahawks. (Mike Loyko)

xgeoff

Reaction score
McGruff":17nr3o4u said:
OL
Germaine Ifedi, OT, Tech A&M 111.1
Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
Joe Dahl, G/OT, Washington State 104.7
Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford 96.3
Connor McGovern, G, Missouri 117.9
Evan Boehm, C, Missouri 86.9
Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina 69.2
Rees Odhiambo, OG, Boise State
Marcus Henry, C, Boise State
Torian White, OT, Hampton
Justin Murray, OT, Cincinnati 111.4
Marcus Henry, C, Boise St.
Lene Maiava, OG, Arizona

I'm not really happy with this group. I've heard some good things and seen some decent tape on Le'Raven Clark. Dahl looked very good in the Senior Bowl. Boehm looked terrible in the Senior Bowl, Garnett was unimpressive. I was hoping to see Graham Glasgow and Nick Martin as possibilities for us at C or G. Someone posted some video of Thuney from NC St that looked pretty good.

I could get behind Dahl at T if we got some guys like Martin and Glasgow for the interior. Guess we'll see what happens come draft day...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
xgeoff":m29coimt said:
McGruff":m29coimt said:
OL
Germaine Ifedi, OT, Tech A&M 111.1
Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
Joe Dahl, G/OT, Washington State 104.7
Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford 96.3
Connor McGovern, G, Missouri 117.9
Evan Boehm, C, Missouri 86.9
Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina 69.2
Rees Odhiambo, OG, Boise State
Marcus Henry, C, Boise State
Torian White, OT, Hampton
Justin Murray, OT, Cincinnati 111.4
Marcus Henry, C, Boise St.
Lene Maiava, OG, Arizona

I'm not really happy with this group. I've heard some good things and seen some decent tape on Le'Raven Clark. Dahl looked very good in the Senior Bowl. Boehm looked terrible in the Senior Bowl, Garnett was unimpressive. I was hoping to see Graham Glasgow and Nick Martin as possibilities for us at C or G. Someone posted some video of Thuney from NC St that looked pretty good.

I could get behind Dahl at T if we got some guys like Martin and Glasgow for the interior. Guess we'll see what happens come draft day...

Thuney has had a lot of visits. Not sure why the hawks seem disinterested. The kid has been versatile. He is smart too. 39 wonderlic and reportedly solved the rubic's cube during one of his interviews.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":19fbr1b7 said:
pcbball12":19fbr1b7 said:

We're linked to a lot of Bama guys right now though, wonder if the visit was to get intel on some of his teammates. Also the Rams and Niners both could use a MLB. Never know.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Kevon would be an interesting pick. He's shown flashes of being really good but had inconsistent coaching due to all the turmoil at 'SC. Fast dude, but he doesn't fit the typical measurables Pete looks for--unless they are thinking more nickel corner.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Kamu Grugier-Hill
Eastern Illinois
Height: 6-2 Weight: 208
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash: 2.53
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Pos: OLB in College but is too small to play there in the pros. SS and ST are predicted positions.

Not exactly the most groundbreaking news but he visited & had a couple of follow up phone conversations with Pete and John. Talked about him playing ST for a year and potentially being an understudy at SS.

AZ, NE and KC all interested too. Could be a late round pick.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2kutqjwj said:
McGruff":2kutqjwj said:
pcbball12":2kutqjwj said:

We're linked to a lot of Bama guys right now though, wonder if the visit was to get intel on some of his teammates. Also the Rams and Niners both could use a MLB. Never know.

Nice call. I think they spoke to Ragland to find out more about Reed and completely kept there interest under the radar.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
McGruff":1csfchu9 said:
TeamoftheCentury":1csfchu9 said:
McGruff":1csfchu9 said:
Jerk face.
U Mad Bro?

Chances are we are both wrong and they are looking at the 3rd string TE for a possible linebacker conversion project.
You do realize that Missouri TE Clayton Echard is now on the Seahawks rookie camp roster. :lol: I had sarcastically posted his name in the "2 players you would be ecstatic about..." thread after this reply from you. Everyone must have been wondering what the heck I was talking about. Anyway, perhaps this is some shred (and I do mean shred) of evidence that the Seahawks could be combing through our threads and thought we were onto something. Ha! ;)