Voting Thread: Top Ten Plays in Seahawks History

Escamillo

Reaction score
Seahawk772002":rghf82o0 said:
10. John Kasay kicks winning FG versus DEN in OT to win: OK, this was 1992, I believe. The Seahawks were dreadful, like 2-14, but they found a way to beat the stupid Broncos. I remember it being on Monday Night, too. I'm sorry, I had to fit this in here because as a ten-year-old, I wanted the Seahawks to be good, and that whole season sucked...except for this game. This game was GLORIOUS.

It was not the play it was what being a 12 is when things were not so good.

A perspective; it was a dreadful season. Pete Gross was inducted into ring of honor, three days before he died of cancer, he had to be helped to midfield by Steve largent, Jim Zorn, and Dave Brown to say his farewells.

Stan Gelbaugh drove the Seahawks the length of the field to score only Seahawk touchdown in last two minutes.

Game was dry and boring except Cortez Kennedy was one man show on defense. Denver did not dress Elway to allow recovery from injury. I was on the road in central time zone and stayed up way past midnight to see the end of game.

An emotional Tom Flores gave game ball to Pete Gross, times like that separate the long time 12's from the bandwagon.

It makes the present all the sweeter.

Thank you for sharing and hope to hear others perspective.

I was just thinking about that game a couple days ago. One thing I remember about the game is that the MNF announcers spent all night praising Denver and trashing Seattle, in accordance with their respective records, not really calling the game, not noticing that Seattle was remaining within striking distance. They didn't actually start calling the game in earnest until midway through the 4th quarter when it finally dawned on them that a game was actually taking place rather than the blowout they had anticipated. :D

Escamillo

Reaction score
OK, I don't know that this qualifies as a "top 10" play, but do you guys remember a pick-6 by Jacob Green, I think at Cleveland? It was at the end of the game, the opposing team driving for a game winning score, and Green picked of a pass and rumbled like 80 yards for a TD to ice the game?

Edit:
I found the game summarized here:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 020cle.htm
Jacob Green a 73 yard pick-6 to ice the game at Cleveland in 1983, a vital game since we needed that win to make the playoffs for the first time ever.
So I'll go ahead and put it in my own top ten. 8)