Wagner and Wilson not going to get done this year?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BuZzB28":ggngkk1e said:
I think, Wilson is jealous because he wanted more moneys like Kap. He wanted same with him for contract. .. :roll:

Ahh, the eye roll emoticon. Smashing language barriers in interweb forums all over the globe.

kidhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ercz2h9 said:
kidhawk":2ercz2h9 said:
bigtrain21":2ercz2h9 said:
kidhawk":2ercz2h9 said:
I have no idea why I said Avril. I was clearly not thinking straight. That's what happens when I am typing here and trying to get work done at the same time

I think you meant to type Clemons.

Funnily enough, I can't even remember what I was thinking. You're probably right, but I have no idea. It was so bad when I first read where you wrote "Avril" I didn't know what you were talking about :lol:

But Clemons was a cut, not a free agent signing elsewhere. Players lost last year were Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Breno Giacomini, Clinton McDonald, Walter Thurmond, Paul McQuiston, Chris Maragos. The Seahawks didn't sign any qualifying free agents last year, so they should receive up to four comp picks in this draft.

I guess I should have done the research earlier AND on another thread.

Oh well, oops.

It's all good. Comps are such a tricky detail, that I don't really worry too much about them until after our season ends. I try not to really analyze our signings and losses by whether or not they get us a comp pick, but I know that Schneider does consider this as part of the equation when making decisions and it seems to be working out alright (If you think back to back Super Bowl appearances are ok :lol:

Best part is, more people who don't normally read that type of information because it's not in the main forum, may have read it and learned a thing or two, and it's not like there's a lot else going on

lsheldon

Reaction score
kidhawk":1uufc65c said:
rideaducati":1uufc65c said:
Will the Seahawks even be getting comp picks in THIS YEAR'S draft? I thought the comp picks were the FOLLOWING draft and were based on playing time AND contract. The Seahawks lost Tate and Breno last season, but signed a bunch too. I don't think the Seahawks will get their windfall of comp picks til the 2016 draft.

There are some threads on comps in the draft forum, but to answer your question, we are getting quite a few comps this year. I don't think the official list has been released, but overthecap.com has shown estimates of possibly 2 4th rounders, 2 5th rounds and a 6th round this year. That is because we lost guys like Tate, Avril and others last year. We will get comps next year for guys like Maxwell.

Here's an article that is posted in the draft forum that talks about Rookie salaries and also has a table for expected comps for 2015 & 2016

[urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/draft/[/urltargetblank]

Compensatory picks are announced during the NFL's annual meeting which this year is March 22-25th. We should know by next Wednesday or sooner exactly what we will be getting this year.

original poster

Reaction score
lsheldon":1lthqxd9 said:
kidhawk":1lthqxd9 said:
rideaducati":1lthqxd9 said:
Will the Seahawks even be getting comp picks in THIS YEAR'S draft? I thought the comp picks were the FOLLOWING draft and were based on playing time AND contract. The Seahawks lost Tate and Breno last season, but signed a bunch too. I don't think the Seahawks will get their windfall of comp picks til the 2016 draft.

There are some threads on comps in the draft forum, but to answer your question, we are getting quite a few comps this year. I don't think the official list has been released, but overthecap.com has shown estimates of possibly 2 4th rounders, 2 5th rounds and a 6th round this year. That is because we lost guys like Tate, Avril and others last year. We will get comps next year for guys like Maxwell.

Here's an article that is posted in the draft forum that talks about Rookie salaries and also has a table for expected comps for 2015 & 2016

[urltargetblank]http://overthecap.com/draft/[/urltargetblank]

Compensatory picks are announced during the NFL's annual meeting which this year is March 22-25th. We should know by next Wednesday or sooner exactly what we will be getting this year.

Yeah I beleive rule changes are discussed (decided??!) at the annual meeting as well.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BuZzB28":38lv0631 said:
I think, Wilson is jealous because he wanted more moneys like Kap. He wanted same with him for contract. .. :roll:

Yes, because Russ is guy that's ruled by petty emotions. :roll: