Wagz & KJ

hinton

Reaction score
Both are undoubtedly all-time great Seahawks.

That said, even though they are still playing at a high-level (Especially KJ this season) they have both clearly lost a step.

To my eye having them both on the field at the same time has become something offences have started to exploit in both the run and short/intermediate passing games.

Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this. I'm thinking we should add LBer depth and rotate more to keep them fresh.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I find it suspiciously curious that so many want to "fix" what ails the Seahawks by removing or replacing the best of our best.
As for LB depth we just spent a 1st rd draft choice (Brooks) on that very thing. In addition to that we spent an additional 2 1st rd choices (and then some) on an undersized linebacker to plug in as a safety.
There just is no easy fix when you are cap strapped.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Can't spend that type of cap space on LBs who are not contributing to a top ranked defense. I think we could afford a drop off in play at LB and save a ton of $ for an overall improvement. Wagner is due $18mil next season, I'd like to see him restructure, or maybe we trade him while he still has value. Good teams let go before players drop off. I bet we could get a 2nd for Wagner.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Some players decide to retire before becoming a shadow of who they were. I think Wagner is one of those. Push the restructure as he is obviously in (very slight) decline, but IMO the chance of improving the team by trading him is less than %10.

misfit

Reaction score
I think KJ goes this year and Bobby the year after

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Exactly why I was opposed to the team extending Bobby when they did. Bad signing, IMO. Not sure exactly, but I'm assuming they'd take an ugly cap hit by simply releasing him. And I doubt a team would trade anything of value for an aging, declining vet LB on a big contract.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":10tb0a6i said:
Exactly why I was opposed to the team extending Bobby when they did. Bad signing, IMO. Not sure exactly, but I'm assuming they'd take an ugly cap hit by simply releasing him. And I doubt a team would trade anything of value for an aging, declining vet LB on a big contract.
Not at all, we actually have a potential out for this off-season built into the contract. Bobby's contract is effectively 44% guaranteed in 2021, 18% guaranteed in 2022, and then he's a UFA. The cap hits are large but it's structured in very team friendly manner.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
AgentDib":j30l55zt said:
Thepeelsessions":j30l55zt said:
Not at all, we actually have a potential out for this off-season built into the contract. Bobby's contract is effectively 44% guaranteed in 2021, 18% guaranteed in 2022, and then he's a UFA. The cap hits are large but it's structured in very team friendly manner.

Thanks for the info! Would it be worth it cap-wise for the team to release him this off-season, then?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3vhvzbqg said:
Thanks for the info! Would it be worth it cap-wise for the team to release him this off-season, then?
Of course that depends on what you think of his play and whether Brooks is ready to step in. Personally, I think Wagner is a great piece still that would be worth the 2021 cap hit, and then in 2022 he would either be released or extended at a lower number.

misfit":3vhvzbqg said:
I think KJ goes this year and Bobby the year after.
KJ is tough to predict. A good rule of thumb is that expensive UFAs are always gone if they aren't extended previously, but KJ himself is the only exception to that rule in recent history. He also appears to have plenty in the tank and has shown that he wants to be here in previous seasons.

sdog1981

Reaction score
KJ and Jamal Adams are playing the same position. Adams is a spread offense NFL version of KJ Wright. The best Seahawks line up is Bobby and Adams as linebackers with Diggs and Neal as the safeties.

Chawker

Reaction score
If you're looking for a LB/Safty its Amari Gainer and if you LB/rush end, its Charles Snowdon. Bobby has BBK as a back up for now.

Own The West

Reaction score
Wags and KJ still have some football in them. Kind of sad this year to have wasted a great year by both.

That said Brooks has arrived, and Barton is in the wings. BKK and Quem are situational. I imagine we'll add a late rounder as well.

Latest posts