Waiting...waiting...waiting

kearly

Reaction score
Until just very recently, this was my favorite time of year. Scouting players, following the combine and pro days, hearing rumors out the wazzu (and rumors are easily the funnest thing about .net), experiencing the excitement of free agency... all capped off by 3 days of Draftsmas. It is the time of year when championships are built.

These days though, it harder to have fun knowing that Seattle will either trade out of the 1st round or draft a late 2nd round player with that first round pick, followed by a parade of "who?!" picks in rounds 5-7, though these picks have been their best. But mainly, the draft has become boring because even the exciting players they draft end up as backups for 2-3 years.

And free agency is a bit less fun for us because JS always stays out of it in the first day or so, unless he deals a trade. With money being so tight right now, it's not as easy to dream big as it used to be.

With the team so stacked and so expensive, the offseason is now something I dread just a little, as it has become more about minimizing losses than improving the team.

irocdave

Reaction score
grizbob":2gacy102 said:
You guys just don't realize how good we have it. It wasn't long ago that the only news a lonely Hawks fan in Homer, AK got came by mail once a month, in a rag called Inside the Seahawks. Now the web has us all spoiled rotten to the core :D

Time passing is proportionate to the age of the person talking about it, but it wasn't all that long ago this team wasn't relevant and fans were hoping for the savior in the draft that would propel the team to the playoffs and relevancy in the NFL world. Have to say this has been the most enjoyable period of time as a Seattle sports fan. The window hasn't closed, no matter what happens in the draft or free agency.

swagcity21

Reaction score
This is definitely the slow time again. The last few years I was eager to hear who we were going after or the potential draft picks we could get.

Then all of a sudden we got really good and now the rumors of us going after someone are over....The players want to come to us and its usually almost a week after the FA period opens up. NO dramatic signings anymore.

I just can't wait for the summer to get hear and get back to the hill at VMAC and watch a couple training camp practices with my kids.

July-Dec is easily the best time of the year. Can't wait!