Walker On Track to Play Week 2

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm still enjoying the happy hangover from last nights victory, but I heard on the radio that Walker looks to be ready to play against the 49ers this weekend. I'm excited to see him get on the field. I see a lot of great things from him over his career.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
i want him fully engaged and committed. i want to see him relentless, fearless. the talent is there.

in preseason, he was hesitant and wasn't nearly as decisive as he was in college, nor was he as decisive as homer and dallas by comparison. sure, it was his first preseason, and he dealt with some minor injury stuff. when he does suit up i want him mentally dialed in, ready to hit the hole at 200mph and just be able to get to that 2nd and 3rd level, where he can use his agility and make people miss. that's the kw9 we all want to see. he can be a gamebreaker. he's gonna take some lumps. that's fine. i just want to see the commitment early on. that would bode well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
When I watch his tape, I see Fred Taylor. And Fred Taylor, when healthy, was one of the best I've ever seen. He's more of a patient slasher than a bruiser, but that's a big part of why he's explosive.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
i want him fully engaged and committed. i want to see him relentless, fearless. the talent is there.

in preseason, he was hesitant and wasn't nearly as decisive as he was in college, nor was he as decisive as homer and dallas by comparison. sure, it was his first preseason, and he dealt with some minor injury stuff. when he does suit up i want him mentally dialed in, ready to hit the hole at 200mph and just be able to get to that 2nd and 3rd level, where he can use his agility and make people miss. that's the kw9 we all want to see. he can be a gamebreaker. he's gonna take some lumps. that's fine. i just want to see the commitment early on. that would bode well.
He had 6 touches in the first preseason game. Hardly enough playing time to garner an opinion one way or another. From what I saw, he looks extremely promising. Excited to see him in real game action.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
so which take is it?
He had 6 touches in the first preseason game. Hardly enough playing time to garner an opinion one way or another.
or
From what I saw, he looks extremely promising. Excited to see him in real game action.
going from "hardly enough playing time to garner an opinion" ... then to "from what i saw, he looks extremely promising" ... while criticizing me. lmao

sub 100 iq on this one.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
My question is whether he can become a three-down running back. Can he block? Can he catch?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Penny will likely get the bulk of the carries while they get Ken up to speed and back into game shape. They could end up a potent combo.

Spohawks

Reaction score
He's ready in week 2? Great, suit him up in week 4!

I am 1000% tired of injuries and if the Seahawks can rest him up and give him a higher chance of long term health...DO IT!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
most likely, but i'd say even if he stays a 1 trick pony, that 1 trick is really really good

I have seen his college tape. It doesn’t really show much of his blocking or catching ability.

People used to ask me, “Who’s better — Walter Payton or Barry Sanders?” I always said Sanders is a little better as a pure runner, but Walter is a more complete football player. He could do everything extremely well. Barry wasn’t much of a blocker or receiver.

I wonder whether Walker III will be more of a Barry or a Walter. He reminds me some of Curt Warner.