Want a kick in the gut?? Seattle beat both Superbowl teams

Largent80

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3njlfn75 said:
Largent80":3njlfn75 said:
The Falcons pulled a Seahawk and played out of their minds late.

We didn't. The kick in the gut for me was Tampa. We just beat NE in Foxboro, and got completely ass kicked in Tampa. That was my que that we weren't going far.
Iirc we were out not just Britt but also ET, Bennett, Rawls, CJ, and more. Britt was the biggest hit, with us scoring only 5 points.

Was also tough because of it being a back to back east coast game, following the win over the Pats as you say.

We were something like 7-2 going in.

Yup, but that was the tell tale sign that this team wasn't going to get it done. If they would have kicked a Tampa team that just won on the road in tough KC, it would have paved the way, but they rolled over like a Bangkok hooker.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":38lpesw1 said:
LeftHandSmoke":38lpesw1 said:
Largent80":38lpesw1 said:
The Falcons pulled a Seahawk and played out of their minds late.

We didn't. The kick in the gut for me was Tampa. We just beat NE in Foxboro, and got completely ass kicked in Tampa. That was my que that we weren't going far.
Iirc we were out not just Britt but also ET, Bennett, Rawls, CJ, and more. Britt was the biggest hit, with us scoring only 5 points.

Was also tough because of it being a back to back east coast game, following the win over the Pats as you say.

We were something like 7-2 going in.

Yup, but that was the tell tale sign that this team wasn't going to get it done. If they would have kicked a Tampa team that just won on the road in tough KC, it would have paved the way, but they rolled over like a Bangkok hooker.
Okay, you got me with that comparison!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Remember when Seattle beat a healthy Patriots team in New England, and then LOST to Tampa Bay the following week.

Remember when our Hawks lost lost 3-9 to the Rams who lost 28-0 to the Niners the week before?

that should make you feel better why our Hawks are not in the SB this year.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We weren't the same team at the end of the year as the team that won in New England.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
#29 was playing in both games.

I don't think you can overstate what a devastating loss that was. I knew the moment his leg broke on that replay that our Super Bowl hopes were probably done too.

NINEster

Reaction score
HawkGA":zjegcdpg said:
I remember back when the Giants won their first Super Bowl. Seattle beat the Giants and the Broncos (the other Super Bowl team) and the Seahawks were the hottest team at the end of the season but just missed the playoffs because of losing a tie breaker (10-6, I believe was their record). That season hurt a lot for years to come. Probably the last good team the Seahawks had for almost 2 decades.

Nice win for the Seahawks of course.

Giants were winning that Super Bowl that year regardless of who the AFC put up. Their run through the NFC was pretty violent.

Niners beat the Broncos in '97 regular season, lost to the Packers in the championship game , and the Packers lost to the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Regular season wins are at best consolation prizes.

Redskins swept the Giants in 2011. The 5-11 Redskins.