Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Lane Kiffin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Don't know how credible this guy is, but take it for what its worth, he also talks about the Boise State booster in a few other tweets and confirming what he says:

Ben Reindel @BenReindel
BREAKING: Petersen was offered tonight, Had to take it tonight, didn't commit. Will be offered to Nussmeier. Congrats to @bamacoachnuss

Not happy about this at all.........getting Nuss is a very underwhelming move, and that's being kind.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Dear sweet Jesus you guys are reactionary. It's midnight. Let the dude sleep on it before you jump off the ledge.

davidonmi

Reaction score
even with Petersen turning us down
Deruyter
Franklin
Bohl
Petrino
All more qualified than Nussmeier.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Petersen, too, but I'm wondering why people think Nussmeier would be the end of the world? Because it's not a sexy pick? Our offense was outstanding with him. Good enough to get lured away by the best CFB coach in the country. And now Alabama has an unstoppable offense. Chip Kelly was just a wiz OC before taking over Oregon, too. Same with David Shaw.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
DavidSeven":25fm0fx1 said:
I'm pulling for Petersen, too, but I'm wondering why people think Nussmeier would be the end of the world? Because it's not a sexy pick? Our offense was outstanding with him. Good enough to get lured away by the best CFB coach in the country. And now Alabama has an unstoppable offense. Chip Kelly was just a wiz OC before taking over Oregon, too. Same with David Shaw.

You do understand that Sark was calling the plays when Nuss was here right?

davidonmi

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3cj99xdd said:
Nussmeier could very well end up being the right coach, but didn't we just sit through a coach who was learning on the job. real programs hire established head coaches, whether they established themselves at north dakota or alabama. If nussmeier wants the UW job he needs to go to colorado state or something and prove he can be a HC. An 8-4 team with a brand new stadium should not be the testing ground for HC's. Florida hired the best Coordinator in the country a couple years back, how has that worked out for them.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
Okay, everyone who didn't vote Chris Petersen in the poll, speak up.

Let's see who beat the spread, and who lost against it.

I voted Petersen, myself.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I voted Petersen but my heart told me we werent going to get him. Noe espn is reporting hes coming to UW??

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
dopeboy206":r2t7n6en said:
I voted Petersen but my heart told me we werent going to get him. Noe espn is reporting hes coming to UW??

Yeah, bro, it's a done deal now.

Washington Huskies makin' out like George and Weezy:

[youtube]L09qnRfZY-k[/youtube]

MOVIN' ON UP!!!

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":12j447xk said:
I'm under underwhelmed. I really wanted Petrino.

I'm gonna go out on a really short, brittle twig and say that I've little to no doubt that the U-Dub brass either talked to or at least considered Petrino, but for whatever the reason(s), it just didn't work out.

Gonna go out on another short, brittle twig and say that if Petrino was being considered for the job, the U-Dub brass spoke with Petrino's former Arkansas employer — off the record, to avoid a lawsuit — and what Hog athletic director Jeff Long told them carried some weight toward the U-Dub brass's decision on which direction to move with the new hire.

I wouldn't get to worked up about not having acquired Petrino: it's prolly for the best.

Chris Petersen is an offensive genius, too, you know.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
So what kind of offense will Petersen run? I didn't get the chance to watch the UW/BSU opener and didn't see many of Boise St. games this year...

Also what will happen to Justin Wilcox and Tosh Lupoi...? Imagine Petersen as head coach and Wilcox as DC and we still retain super recruiter Tosh Lupoi that staff right there looks awesome on paper...

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
dopeboy206":lw053edc said:
So what kind of offense will Petersen run? I didn't get the chance to watch the UW/BSU opener and didn't see many of Boise St. games this year...

Also what will happen to Justin Wilcox and Tosh Lupoi...? Imagine Petersen as head coach and Wilcox as DC and we still retain super recruiter Tosh Lupoi that staff right there looks awesome on paper...

I'm guessing Petersen'll prolly run the pistol, myself. And with the recruits he'll be getting, that should scare the living crap outta everybody who's not a U-Dub fan.

drrew

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I didn't want to see Sarkisian go, but now that this has gone down, there's really only one word that comes to mind....UPGRADE.

Now lets hope he can keep the defensive staff together.

Latest posts